( search forums )
Server-hosting Issues
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Keron Cyst
April 16, 2005, 2:16 am
Players are always at Joining Game... & I even have a custom firewall set to specifically allow Soldat to come through. Don't you refer me to the useless FAQs above which deal with this problem in no way whatsoever. This also occurs to two other ppl. I know of, but we can all join other, totally random servers normally (except each others', of course :-P). I use a router, if that tidbit helps.

n00bface
April 16, 2005, 3:54 am
You need to forward the ports on your router, not just the firewall. How did you allow it in your firewall? If you just get a popup that asks if you want to allow network activity with soldat, that will not unblock the ports you need.

What firewall do you use?
What router do you use?

Denacke
April 16, 2005, 8:33 am
Seems like you didn't read the faq & stickies above. It explains in quite a detail how to set up your router to allow ports 23073 & 23083 to your pc.

Keron Cyst
April 17, 2005, 12:13 am
Fine, perchance I skimmed over something when seeing those FAQs, but still, how could a friend of mine, who just got Soldat, successfully start a server that I could join right away, without tweaking any of his settings?

EDIT Okay, so I checked the Running A Soldat Server topic more in-depth, but still it's too generic. What should I put in the blanks?

[IMAGE]

FliesLikeABrick
April 17, 2005, 7:34 pm
enabled
soldat client port
private ip is the IP of your server on your network
protocol type is UDP (or BOTH if you plan to use the admin program)
private port is 23073
public port is 23073
scheduled is always

thats all

Keron Cyst
April 17, 2005, 9:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick... private ip is the IP of your server on your network...

:-|...
*is almost completely connection-illiterate*

... that's my comp.'s IP, right?

hock3y
April 17, 2005, 10:48 pm
quote:
:|...
*is almost completely connection-illiterate*

... that's my comp.'s IP, right?

Yes it is, go to the command prompt and type in ipconfig and it should give your IP address. Then type in your IP addy into the blank in that screenshot you gave.

FliesLikeABrick
April 17, 2005, 10:51 pm
to go to the command prompt, to go start -> run -> type cmd and hit enter

Keron Cyst
April 18, 2005, 3:47 pm
Yeah, I know how to reach it :P It's the IP with only one # for the last group (e.g. *.*.*.2), not with multiple #s, right (e.g. *.*.*. 253)?

n00bface
April 18, 2005, 4:12 pm
yes, that's your network ip address.

Keron Cyst
April 23, 2005, 1:13 am
Okay, the only time a pal of mine was able to even see it in the first place (with Internet checked and the Register in Lobby Server checkbox checked) was when this occurred, and before he refreshed several times and was unable to see it:

[IMAGE]

o.O' Now why was Shau the same as the server's name? My ping should obviously have been 0, BTW...[/beige]

hock3y
April 23, 2005, 4:32 am
When your ping is ??? that means that something is configured wrong and people can't connect. Also the in-game lobby doesn't always work perfect. Go to http://lobby.soldat.pl:13073/ and then do a ctrl+f for the name of the server, that is a more reliable way to find your server in the lobby.

Keron Cyst
May 12, 2005, 6:04 am
*bump*
What will locating my server in the lobby do?...

Keron Cyst
May 21, 2005, 10:57 pm
*bumpity*
Such an idea seems useless (read the above posts), and I can't find out the problem at all.

n00bface
May 22, 2005, 12:09 am
Don't double post, editing will still bump the topic. If your server does not show up on the in-game lobby, that means you've been bugged - that is how locatig it in the web lobby is useful. Are you using Dedicated Server 2.2.8 or the Server that is bundled with the client? If it is Dedicated Server 2.2.8, paste the console log here, and your soldat.ini.

Also, have you enabled 23073 (UDP and TCP), 23083 (UDP) in your router settings yet (to the right network address)?

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 1:27 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceAlso, have you enabled 23073 (UDP and TCP), 23083 (UDP) in your router settings yet (to the right network address)?

Correction, 23083 (Map downloading port) is TCP.

23073 (UDP)
23073 (TCP)
23083 (TCP)

n00bface
May 22, 2005, 4:51 am
Oh, right..But 23083 is also the client port which is UDP.

Keron Cyst
May 22, 2005, 5:12 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceDon't double post, editing will still bump the topic....
Oh, sorry; I didn't know that (no other forums I know of do that).

So... what now? Change 23073 to 23083?...

n00bface
May 22, 2005, 2:17 pm
no, you need to do both 23073 AND 23083.

edit:
quote:Don't you refer me to the useless FAQs
Useless? The "Running a Soldat Server" sticky seems to already have these questions answered! :o

Keron Cyst
May 22, 2005, 3:48 pm
Well, okay, so maybe it's not "useless," but it's all jargon to me :-P

Okay, so... like this?
[IMAGE]
I can't add an extra opening; it says there's not enough space (and this is the only manually inserted one I have done)... {:-/

hock3y
May 22, 2005, 6:17 pm
You can't add another opening for a NEW port? Did you give it a new name and make sure you opened 23083 and not 23073 again?

Jamesmax0
May 23, 2005, 1:40 am
Did you try opening up the firewall instead of using the Virtual server?

But for the future to anyone (not to dis you or anything) But try to know all the programs/perhiphals than control your internet connection

Keron Cyst
May 28, 2005, 6:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by hock3yYou can't add another opening for a NEW port? Did you give it a new name and make sure you opened 23083 and not 23073 again?
No, I deleted 23073. I can only have one port.
@James': huh? :-P

n00bface
May 30, 2005, 10:56 pm
You need to be able to unblock both ports. Can you take a screenshot of the whole router configuration screen so we can figure out how to unblock multiple ports, or at least know what to look for to figure it out?

Keron Cyst
June 1, 2005, 12:55 am
[IMAGE]

There are also other tabs at the top; Home, Advanced (that's where this 'shot was taken), Tools, Status, & Help. I hope this image isn't revealing too much personal information...

n00bface
June 8, 2005, 5:36 am
There isn't a way to reveal any personal information just on a router configuration screen. And it looks like you censored the most important part (what you had put for "My IP is here". By censoring it, I'm thinking that you put your actual internet IP address in that place, but you should be putting your network IP address. Giving away your network IP address isn't a security violation, since it can only be accessed by someone in your network anyways.

Keron Cyst
June 8, 2005, 11:59 pm
Wait... network IP & individual comp. IP are different? o_O' How do I find that out?...

n00bface
June 9, 2005, 6:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystWait... network IP & individual comp. IP are different? o_O' How do I find that out?...

This is where you can find your network IP address:
[IMAGE]
And you can click this link to see your internet IP address; http://www.whatismyip.com/

Keron Cyst
June 10, 2005, 12:58 am
I see, the last digit's altered (two extra #s for mine). Thanks! I'll go see if that helps any.

EDIT Still doesn't work. I don't know why :-/ Please tell me you guys aren't out of ideas...

Hurricane
June 19, 2005, 10:38 pm
I have the Exact same problem, I'm using 2WIRE router.

Keron Cyst
July 8, 2005, 4:36 pm
So that's it, then? I can't host servers no matter what? Lousy ME... >.<
Ugh, I really wanted to try spreading chakapoko maker's maps and some other various ESL contestant maps...

EDIT Alas, I'll have to see if I can get a friend to do so, then...

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 2:48 pm
Mine won't send maps either, and I allowed both ports. It's nonsensical.