( search forums )
Killcam and a few other suggestions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
blasta
April 16, 2005, 2:16 pm
One neat thing I found in Call of Duty was the kill cam. When you get killed in a multiplayer match on certain servers, you see what the enemy saw for the last few seconds before he killed you. This helps find out the position of camping snipers. It may not be as valuable in soldat, but it could help.

Also, when you switch from red to blue, why do you lose all your points and deaths? I think it would be a good idea if you kept them so people wouldn't be so reluctant to change teams when the teams are uneven. Also, if you're about to change teams because of uneven teams, you click the button, then you notice that someone else has just changed so the teams are even, you can't go back, which I also find annoying.

P.S. Don't forget the brightness control! ;)

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 7:06 pm
sounds awesome. but campers usually move after they kill somebody. some of them. the others like noob camper dont. thats when it would be useful :p

Hanz
April 17, 2005, 10:25 pm
I think a good solution for the moving camper thing would be to have your camera switch to him. Like when you are observing a game, you can follow whatever character you want. So, when you are killed by someone, your camera instantly goes on them so you can see where it came from...

Marine
April 17, 2005, 11:14 pm
Number two has been suggested. As for the first suggestion, that wouldn't help too much in this game, cause you know they're close around...it's a 2D game, after all.

blasta
April 17, 2005, 11:19 pm
Yeah, thats what I was thinking... what do you guys think about the team thing?

Marine
April 18, 2005, 2:12 am
I would think everyone agrees on that, it's been suggested dozens of times.

That is a definite for MM in the next version.

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 4:10 am
The first suggestion wouldn't work, like Marine pointed out. As for the second, I think people should lose their scores when they switched teams. The individual points don't matter that much in team games.

If people had the option not to lose their points there might be some idiots constantly switching teams whenever one appears to have the advantage. While this already occurs, it might get worse because then their reluctance to losing their points would dissipate.

MM should definatly fix the thing that makes it so you can't exit out of the change team menu. I agree with you on that one, it is annoying.

Futile
April 18, 2005, 11:15 am
quote:Originally posted by blastaOne neat thing I found in Call of Duty was the kill cam. When you get killed in a multiplayer match on certain servers, you see what the enemy saw for the last few seconds before he killed you. This helps find out the position of camping snipers. It may not be as valuable in soldat, but it could help.

This might be good against snipers, but I like this idea simply because it would be cool, and make the game feel more serious and mature in a way. Killcam is a part of big games, and I think it would make an excellent feature of Soldat too.

How does it work if respawn time is very short?

quote:
Also, when you switch from red to blue, why do you lose all your points and deaths?

Sure. The scores are yours, of course you should keep 'em.

quote:
Also, if you're about to change teams because of uneven teams, you click the button, then you notice that someone else has just changed so the teams are even, you can't go back, which I also find annoying.

Definetly annoying, and illogical. This has to be fixed.

quote:
P.S. Don't forget the brightness control! ;)

Amen to that.

Captain Ben
April 18, 2005, 11:37 am
The killcam is a good idea, but as said above, the short respawn time won't help.
Anyways, isn't it easy to tell from the direction of the bullet?