( search forums )
[moved] mysterious floating corpses
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 9:17 pm
this has happened at various xs when playing w/ bots (but i only took 1 screen)

1. i kill da bot
2. bot sayz death quote
3. corpse and ranny stuff floats up into da air and stays there until da bot respawns

so... wtf? can ne1 tell me wtf is going on?
http://llsc.us/members/aznblood/uploads/screenshot12.bmp

also...

why are scripts showing up during gameplay?
http://llsc.us/members/aznblood/uploads/screenshot16.bmp

(moved & big images changed to links by DNA.styx)

Elemental
April 16, 2005, 9:22 pm
I think both of those are glitches, and they both happen to me often..maybe there's a real reason though :/

Vijchtidoodah
April 16, 2005, 9:24 pm
Those random code glitches are annoying. But MM, please don't fix the floating corpse bug - it cracks me up every time.

Mini Man
April 16, 2005, 9:30 pm
Lol yea the floating bug is kool, especially when it goes haywire & starts spinning around.
[URL]

BManx2000
April 16, 2005, 9:35 pm
BITMAP! AAAHHH!

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 9:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000BITMAP! AAAHHH!

spammer....
:ontopic: anyway...i have seen the floating body bug at least 10 times...i love it...i also have seen the wierd script glitchy thingy
:offtopic: I have seen the floating body bug in Halo 2 while playing a multiplayer match...it was hilarious!

Liber_Lupus
April 16, 2005, 9:44 pm
That text bug happens quite often for me and it's very annoying.
Floating bodies are awesome, I hope it won't get fixed.

MercyM
April 16, 2005, 10:07 pm
That first is because the corpse is inside a polygon, and it somehow starts to fly and then it impacts the ground with light-speed. :P

The other one I've had, dunno why...

ThaD
April 16, 2005, 10:08 pm
i think this bot is trying a kung fu kick

Captain Ben
April 17, 2005, 2:16 am
The floating corpse one is as funny as hell, but I've never encountered the code glitch...

hypno
April 17, 2005, 9:56 am
i reckon its kewl me and my friend make a chart and for one kill is 1 point but if the corpse floats its 5 points
hehe it may be stupid but we have fun

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 2:01 pm
the living corpse happens to me all the time.

but the other is your fault i think..
i think you may have pressed the chat button and gone wild with the keys..
simple mistake but it happens to me to..

EndertheXenocide
April 18, 2005, 6:47 pm
Floating corpses are quite entertaining to watch. I love it the best when the corpse is stuck on the roof/ceiling. it looks like you hung the person. The script error message, everyone gets that. I get it more often when i first install soldat. then the error goes away after a while.

Zero72
April 19, 2005, 3:46 am
The floating corpses rule. One time, I killed a bot, and then, after a pause, the corpse levitated and buzzed around me like some demented fly. I shot at it, taking off a head and an arm, and it settled down briefly, then started doing it again, only finally settling down once I shot it completely to bits. It was awesome.

Deleted User
April 19, 2005, 8:37 pm
Ive never experienced this bug... but I hope to see it some day :)

Michal Marcinkowski
April 21, 2005, 1:05 pm
Floating corpse have been in Soldat from version 0. They're a part of Soldat now, not a bug:).

Deleted User
April 21, 2005, 2:21 pm
^^ Lol agreed, I think MM put it in there because they'rs an invisible predator running around watching you, and sometimes he gets bored and picks up bodies and plays with em ;) About the script error.....no idea, never seen it before

Deleted User
April 21, 2005, 6:49 pm
SO.. it should like be an option where u can set all corpses to float and spin.. :D

hypno
April 23, 2005, 1:59 am
yeah so you can set them to do anything it would be so awesom!!!

:D

Deleted User
April 23, 2005, 2:30 pm
welcome tooo the bash pit dear thread