( search forums )
How do I do that.....
Soldat Forums - Misc - Please do all of your testing here
Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 9:24 pm
i was just wondering how you people get you avatars to move, change colors, and other things like that. if ya'll could help me it would be great.

Vijchtidoodah
April 16, 2005, 9:28 pm
You have to make an animated gif. Check out this thread to find some programs where you can do that.

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 9:32 pm
ok...thank you. ive always seen people with animated avatars and it always amazed me...

MercyM
April 16, 2005, 10:04 pm
I still wonder, how Vichti did his many avatars in one...

paramud
April 16, 2005, 10:24 pm
[IMAGE] you mean that?
he got a site to keep changing it...
i think....

Vijchtidoodah
April 16, 2005, 11:11 pm
PHP script. It's really easy, you just tell it to pick a random number, and then you tell it to display the picture that corresponds to that number.

Vijchtidoodah
April 16, 2005, 11:31 pm
By the way, while you're allowed to have an animated avatar, you can't have an animated signature.

BManx2000
April 16, 2005, 11:43 pm
Why is that, anyway? It doesn't seem to make much sense...

Vijchtidoodah
April 17, 2005, 12:08 am
quote:We do not allow the use of animated images in your sig, it really detracts from the posts, which should be a persons main focus.

I can understand that because I only noticed Doorknob's sig due te the fact that it was distracting me from reading something in another thread.

paramud
April 17, 2005, 12:25 am
yeah, it really is.
btw, vijchtidoodah, can you make me a PHP avatar?

BManx2000
April 17, 2005, 12:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodahquote:We do not allow the use of animated images in your sig, it really detracts from the posts, which should be a persons main focus.

I can understand that because I only noticed Doorknob's sig due te the fact that it was distracting me from reading something in another thread.

But then again, a flashing homer simpson avatar (Like 2 people have had at some point) distracts even more.

FliesLikeABrick
April 17, 2005, 12:42 am
php can do so many handy things with images, ive used it to generate all of the U13 stats images, as well as do stuff like put up random images (from a group) like vicj does, and so much more :P

paramud do you know any PHP? it takes about 10 mins or less to learn the couple functions necessary to do simple image things

peemonkey
April 17, 2005, 12:43 am
anyone else remember the days of animated siggys, and that one fellow's sig that made the page expand like, 2 times over, having something to do with space? ahh, good times.

Vijchtidoodah
April 17, 2005, 1:41 am
quote:Originally posted by paramudyeah, it really is.
btw, vijchtidoodah, can you make me a PHP avatar?

No, you can do the work yourself. I'm also not going to help you out any because I don't want you to murder another perfectly good idea.

paramud
April 17, 2005, 2:15 am
who says its murder when your avatar features the most retarded pictures in all of history?
and, FLAB, i dont have ten minutes, im too busy.

BManx2000
April 17, 2005, 2:24 am
But you had enough time to "pirate" elephant hunter's avatar...

paramud
April 17, 2005, 2:44 am
yeah, a while ago.

n00bface
April 17, 2005, 2:45 am
a Rotating avatar is not an Animated avatar. It only changes every refresh.