( search forums )
Jet Idea...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain Ben
April 17, 2005, 2:12 am
What if players could use their jets, even after they die?
Perhaps it should only be enabled when a player's legs are still intact with the dead body, but it would be funny to see feet zooming around :P
The jets wouldn't be able to aim anywhere specifically, so it'd just be a fun add-on.
For example, you'd shoot and kill another player, or vice-versa, and then when you're falling, you/they could use your/their jet boots to retard your/their fall by your body shooting out in all different directions, looking quite strange. This would also add some fun to players who've been killed in survival, giving them something to do, other than nag and whine and follow other players.

Keron Cyst
April 17, 2005, 9:18 pm
Regarding Survival Mode, I don't really think this is needed/wanted; whenever I die, I just hit F9 and listen for the respawn sound.

UltraMagnus
April 17, 2005, 9:37 pm
maybe if when a player was killed while using his jets the jets would still keep going would be funny, but nothing else IMO

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 6:10 pm
yes, but they would run out of fuel quick, so it would only be fun a short while (exept Rok map :D)
sounds good, but there is a similar post like this actually..
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=23027

EndertheXenocide
April 19, 2005, 6:34 am
I don't really like the idea. It's unneeded stuff. I like to keep things simple.

wacko101
April 19, 2005, 9:01 am
wakakakaka that would be funny...then u can go spy on other players whilst ur at it :)

sjl21488
April 24, 2005, 3:58 am
not a bad idea but meh...

I think it would be cooler if instead of Jet SHOES you had actual jet PACKS on ur backs.

and in realism mode if you get shot in the tankon ur back you blow up. :p

eagleclaw364
April 24, 2005, 10:08 am
Why not just add a ghost mode? In survival mode, if you die, then you become a ghost, and can run around. But noone else can see you. Buhahahaha

Deleted User
April 24, 2005, 11:50 am
yeah.. would be so fun =) how do u move freely around when ur dead? I like that more than following a particular player.

lastpatriot
April 24, 2005, 11:53 am
I like this idea. Shooting, shooting, shooting... ARGH! LEG IN MY FACE!