( search forums )
Signature Proposition Committee
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Elephant_Hunter
April 17, 2005, 10:59 am
I believe update of the rules is in order, since they are obviously inadequate and do not make sense. Let's create a commitee consisting of average users posting in this thread to propose a new standard, one that will cover all problems discussed in this thread and more.

To begin, I will lay out my opinions on what you should and should not have signatures. If this does pass, please encourage moderators to break in the new guidlines with an iron fist.

Your signature area, including text and image(s) may neither be wider nor taller than 500 by 80 pixels.

quote:[IMAGE]
No signature may exceed 15kb.
Signatures with animated images will be deleted. The user may be given a warning.
Broken images should not be deleted by moderators unless they can confirm that it is simply a bad link.
No profanity or soliciting for money.
Font of any custom non-black color must be size one. Text URLs must be size one regardless of color.

Example:
quote:WTH, I AM EATING.

Very annoying red letters.
The inferred reference to "Hell" makes people feel uncomfortable and distracted from the topic.
Could be humanely converted to
quote:My meal is not finished.

Additional Commentary:

As you might notice, there is a background in my 500x80 guide example. I use this to prove that good quality is very possible with smaller file size. Seriously, that's a free large billboard this website is shipping out to every person viewing the forum. Companies pay money for advertisements of that size... can't you at least help out and make your sig under 15kb?

I am a supporter of allowing multiple images. If there is strong reasoning behind only allowing one image, please inform me.