( search forums )
Just though about a new game mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
NavySeal
April 17, 2005, 11:22 am
Well those who seen X-Men 2 will know what I'm talking about.

1 How to get points
-First kill get this form and after he can get score
-If you are last you can kill other people to get score but its only for the last person.
-Killing the form guy gives you one point

2 How the game should work
Now you either get 1-4 smal spheres around you depending on what the server pick, they can only go little bit more than half the screen or 80% and then return to you, also they could float around you if its possible. And you cant get any HP or armor when you are in this form so you have to survive as long as you can. But you get full armor, HP and maybe a bit more armor when you get these spheres. Also its 100dmg spheres so having a armor will save you. The spheres should be quite fast but not to fast.

So what do you guys think?

Meandor
April 17, 2005, 6:54 pm
I don't get the point of this. It's not really anything innovative and different from what we currently have.

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 6:56 pm
sounds very strange to me. and complicated. i've dont watch x-men and all that stuff but it sounds like a cool game type. but i still dont understand :p

NavySeal
April 17, 2005, 9:40 pm
Kinda forget to tell stuff. You should be able to shoot away all the ball in a matter of second if you like but take 2-4 or second longer to get them back. and trying to find a clip with him in the cage where he is and have 3 metal spheres and start killing people with them. So the only thing you need to worry about is the reload time. So you can kill 4 people quite fast, if you are good then

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 6:06 pm
this doesent really sound like soldat. ive seen X-men 1 but I have no clue what ur on about :P

wacko101
April 19, 2005, 8:48 am
hmmmm...sounds hard and pointless...lol

dv297
April 19, 2005, 11:49 am
sorta like the mutant mode from ut2004?

so are you trying to stay away from the spheres because they hurt you or are the spheres there to surround and protect you since you are the form?

EndertheXenocide
April 19, 2005, 5:34 pm
I don't believe I understand the game ideas. Seem a little to complicated(as the others said). What is this "form?" that you speak of, I dont' know what this is.

NavySeal
April 22, 2005, 9:13 am
Some odd reason I cant login so,

Then Form is the player with the spheres so lets call him mutant, though the spheres could do damage to you if you get close. or maybe turn it into a team vs team DM game, and both team has its own mutant. Might be more fun, or maybe just one mutant in game in kinda team vs team game.

Captain Ben
April 22, 2005, 10:21 am
Like Magneto's magnetic powers with metal?
If so, I think I get what you mean.

i am ahab
April 22, 2005, 11:12 am
i -think- its like the DM in mariokart on the snes :D
with the way the balls spin round you. except in seals idea you get to launch them at people.

sounds cool and kinda fun.

BUT unless some freak accident happened in soldat land causing all the guys to give up their guns and the physics engine that is so fine tuned to it and start floating around with coloured balls of death to fling at people then this is not going to happen. imo of course. nt try though.

thankyou comeagain!

----EDIT-----
half an hour later im still all warm and glowy thinking about 4 player mariokart... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!