( search forums )
Demo-viewing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Keron Cyst
April 17, 2005, 4:47 pm
I recorded two demos and whenever I tried to watch any of them, they only played for a second or two before ending abruptly :/ What's wrong? Each was well over 15 KB...

If this helps, I didn't have a .M3U list for Soldat when I recorded them (before I just used). And while I'm still on this matter, is there any way to make the music flip to random tracks after each .MP3 is done?

EndertheXenocide
April 18, 2005, 4:52 pm
What demo player are you using to watch the demos?
Maybe check how long you recorded your demos.
Do you have a registed version? If not you can only recond up to 3 minutes of demos.

Can't tell you about the about switching the music to random.

b00stA
April 18, 2005, 7:44 pm
What demo player are you using to watch the demos?
That has absolutely nothing to do with the problem. All the demo "players" for Soldat do the same: start Soldat with certain command line parameters.

Keron Cyst, could you tell us the exact file size? "well over 15kb" isn't too accurate :)

Also, Soldat can't shuffle MP3s, but loading the list in Winamp and then shuffling it there "works".
In the Winamp playlist, click: Misc > Sort list > Randomize list
then save it and play it in Soldat.

EndertheXenocide
April 19, 2005, 6:28 am
boosta, sorry. Didn't mean to ask a wrong question. Wont't try to do something like that again.

b00stA
April 19, 2005, 8:18 pm
Heh, no problem. You didn't tell anyone to format his hard drive or something like that :)

EndertheXenocide
April 19, 2005, 8:57 pm
But i guess what i was trying to go for with what type of demo player you use. I was thinking maybe the player isn't loading the files correctly. But I don't know how the demo players really worked until you posted.
quote:ou didn't tell anyone to format his hard drive or something like that Now why would I do something silly like that. I may not know everything, but if I can give advice, I try. Not try to ruin their lives.

Keron Cyst
April 21, 2005, 6:18 am
Please don't download if you don't think you'll be able to give advice on this situation; it's being hosted by Ripway, which has a daily transfer limit :/

[URL]

In Demo5, I see a bunch of parachutes and the respawn sound keeps overlapping, making a huge unintelligible noise that blurs out even the music. This has also occurred to two other demos of mine.

[URL]

Demo4 starts out with all music and sound really crackly & messed up, although it fixes itself up later (this is the only demo that does that). I'm running a Windows ME.

quote:[i]Originally posted by EndertheXenocide
... Do you have a registed version?...Yeah (a friend got it for me), and even then didn't Michal not-so-recently allow unregistered players to record unlimited demos?

EDIT Oh, and I'm recording & watching them with the traditional Soldat.EXE we all know & love, if that helps.

EndertheXenocide
April 21, 2005, 5:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst
quote:[i]Originally posted by EndertheXenocide
... Do you have a registed version?...Yeah (a friend got it for me), and even then didn't Michal not-so-recently allow unregistered players to record unlimited demos?

Did he make unlimited downloads to the public, not registered versions? I didn't think he did that. May have to look into that. (starts searching the webpage)

EDIT I have checked the website and looked under Register. If you are a non-registered player, you have a limit of 3 mintues of demo downloads. If you register, you get to record unlimited demos(or at least as much as your computer can handle before it crashes)