( search forums )
Force Realistic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
mar77a
April 18, 2005, 12:39 am
I didn't want to post this idea in the suggestions forum, but i just wondered what you guys think of this: Disable Normal mode and Put "Realistic Mode" as default.

Michal
April 18, 2005, 12:49 am
I wouldn't really mind either way. I like both modes pretty much the same, although if realistic mode were to be made default I think it would need to be refined a little. Like it should have an indicator of your line of sight, bugs with fall damage should be fixed, and some other minor things.
...But I think most other people don't like realistic mode so much ;p

Gen0cide
April 18, 2005, 12:49 am
In what?
I don't fully understand this idea.
EDIT:You mean make the game realistic instead of a mode?
I say keep it the way it is,normal is played way more anyways.

Elemental
April 18, 2005, 1:16 am
Yea, everyone is used to normal, and as Michal said, a lot of people don't like realistic :/

Marine
April 18, 2005, 2:16 am
Definitely not, although I rarely play normal mode anymore. I love realistic; it makes Soldat worthwhile.

BManx2000
April 18, 2005, 2:43 am
This would piss off a lot of people, including myself.

Liquid Metal
April 18, 2005, 3:24 am
Imagine all those ppl complaining about recoil. Plus in realistic some weapons are better than others so it would have to be changed to be balanced again.

Crysello
April 18, 2005, 3:56 am
why would you play realistic soldat

just go play CS

Shivorken
April 18, 2005, 4:00 am
Realistic soldat can be quite fun once in a while, I use to always play realistic soldat :D but now i sorta suck at it ...

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 4:05 am
Realistic Mode is annoying to me. I play games to detach from reality, not to be drearily sucked back into it.

AerialAssault
April 18, 2005, 4:15 am
Why do people think that CS is all that realistic? It's really quite arcadey.

Felix
April 18, 2005, 4:47 am
realistic is cool, but i prefer normal soldat...

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 18, 2005, 8:19 am
i always forget that that ull die if u drop down from a high height... so yah i die quite a bit in realistic.

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 10:56 am
I think it's a brilliant idea.. sure more pley normal than realistic, and i think they alwasy will, but then again, i think that making realistic default game.mode will add quite alot of players to realistic gaming.. and by the way, fall damage is cool.. if you roll as you hit ground, you won't lose as much health..

DNA.styx
April 18, 2005, 12:39 pm
"I didn't want to post this idea in the suggestions forum"
Still sounds like a suggestion to me. Post it again in the Suggestions forum.

(locked)