( search forums )
Soldat Portable?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Valcorr
April 19, 2005, 12:12 am
Was just thinking if its possible for soldat to be on a portable game console like psp since it has online gameplay. If it is possible what would the chances be?

Deleted User
April 19, 2005, 12:35 am
well unless someone got up enough to find how to emulate soldat onto a UMD/OLC then its highly unlikely...i dont think MM would turn to big business names after running as online sharewarw for so long...but just think....if all the people that played soldat on a comp would play it on a PSP...just think of the possibilities!...
Personally id love to see it...just dont think it will happen

Valcorr
April 19, 2005, 1:01 am
Ok i thought as much, i just woulda LUVED to see...no Played it.

BManx2000
April 19, 2005, 1:41 am
Soldat portable = laptop.

Kazuki
April 19, 2005, 1:49 am
Sorry, buddy, but you thought about this a little bit too late. ;D Check this out. I posted this a bit ago.

quote:Originally posted by KazukiWell, check it out. I managed to import the Soldat install file into the PSP as a "Save" file. When I activated it, a "Soldat" directory was created in my friend's PSP's Memory Stick Duo 32 MB. You can check this by hooking up the PSP onto a computer with Windows 2000 and higher OS and check the removable drive that appears in My Computer. Inside it there are folders such as "MP_ROOT, MUSIC, SETTINGS" which contain files that can only be read by the PSP. Well, I managed to create a Soldat folder inside my Saves folder, and the whole directory is in there. Of course, the PSP doesn't have a mouse, but the directional buttons still work as navigation, and when I went to set up my keys, they didn't change wording "A, S, D, W, and X" all stayed the same, but the registries for those keys had supposedly changed or something, as my key setup worked (except for a few functions, because the PSP doesn't have enough keys). My setup is as follows:

Left: Left D-Pad
Right: Right D-Pad
Jump: Up D-Pad
Crouch: Down D-Pad
Prone: Cross Button
Grenade: Triangle Button
Shoot/Choose Weapon: Circle Button
Reload: Square
Mouse/Cursor: Control Stick
Weapons Menu: Select
Menu: Start

I recorded two 15-second videos with my digital camera. My camera only lets me record for 15 seconds straight, so I can't help it. Finally, the videos are in .mov (Quicktime) format, because of my camera's software, so you'll need Quicktime player to view them. Heh, sorry.

Download: Soldat On PSP Videos (3.1 MB)

Tell me what you think. Christ, it took me so long to set everything up because of PSP's inability to have an attachable keyboard, so everything I typed (my name) took a long while. I had to work mentally a bit to figure out how to create a whole new directory as well. Anyway, hope you think it's cool. Boosta, this definately beats your Palm Pilot (PDA) fake image.

wormdundee
April 19, 2005, 2:59 am
pretty good fake man, me likes

paramud
April 19, 2005, 3:22 am
i was just about to say that kazuki.
oh well, its impossable unless psp can get directX and stuff.
plus the controls would be extremely hard to get used to.

Vijchtidoodah
April 19, 2005, 3:30 am
No Paramud, Michal told me that he was going to work on getting soldat ported to the PSP but only after he's finished this version which, unfortunately, means that we're going to have to wait for him to fix that damn teleporter bug. Which sucks twice as much because I never even wanted the teleporters in the first place...

paramud
April 19, 2005, 4:05 am
well not everyone listens into your convos, vijtch.

Vijchtidoodah
April 19, 2005, 4:23 am
Sorry, I thought everyone knew that...anyhoo, now you know what to expect.

Skate4Razors
April 19, 2005, 4:27 am
Teleporters? Lol, I thought that topic was stupid. Oh well.

On Topic?
Why would you need Soldat on PSP? Just so you'd be worse than a new time player? I mean, you wouldn't be able to aim at all. It's also good to take a break from Soldat once in a while.

Valcorr
April 19, 2005, 5:10 am
Ok well thx for your comments and stuff and btw i wanted soldat on psp because i travel a lot and soldats pretty addictive =P

Vijchtidoodah
April 19, 2005, 5:39 am
Do you already have a PSP?

SPARTAN_III
April 19, 2005, 5:57 am
i do. psp r0xx0rz.

i want to see it on psp. it would be good to take advantage of the wireless capability of the psp for 1v1 action. plus we could have stats like no.of kills etc and save them to memory stick

EndertheXenocide
April 19, 2005, 6:23 am
I'm sorry I don't want to spend 250 dollars on a little handhelf thingy. If I wanted something to go for the road. Depending on how long the trip. I would just put my Xbox in the vehicle. But I am goig to wait for the Xbox2 when it comes out.

Mini Man
April 19, 2005, 5:02 pm
NO! well...me for one being a pc gamer hates aiming with a little control stick, i cannot aim, i will not aim, Mouse - The best, Control Stick - Pointless.
Altho...if ure a console gamer then...i spose ude like it.

Teh Panda
April 19, 2005, 5:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000Soldat portable = laptop.

One and Only.

Kazuki
April 19, 2005, 10:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mini ManNO! well...me for one being a pc gamer hates aiming with a little control stick, i cannot aim, i will not aim, Mouse - The best, Control Stick - Pointless.
Altho...if ure a console gamer then...i spose ude like it.

Actually, I'm a PC gamer and I prefer using the Control Stick on the PSP instead of the directional buttons because it provides more freedom in movement. I'm the same way with any other console games that allow your character to move in unlimited directions. You would have to use the control stick to travel in any direction that's not North, Northeast, East, Southeast, etc.

Kamikaze_Ninja
April 19, 2005, 11:40 pm
...=3 sounds like fun let's go!

Messiah
April 20, 2005, 12:04 am
quote:Originally posted by KazukiSorry, buddy, but you thought about this a little bit too late. ;D Check this out. I posted this a bit ago.

quote:Originally posted by KazukiWell, check it out. I managed to import the Soldat install file into the PSP as a "Save" file. When I activated it, a "Soldat" directory was created in my friend's PSP's Memory Stick Duo 32 MB. You can check this by hooking up the PSP onto a computer with Windows 2000 and higher OS and check the removable drive that appears in My Computer. Inside it there are folders such as "MP_ROOT, MUSIC, SETTINGS" which contain files that can only be read by the PSP. Well, I managed to create a Soldat folder inside my Saves folder, and the whole directory is in there. Of course, the PSP doesn't have a mouse, but the directional buttons still work as navigation, and when I went to set up my keys, they didn't change wording "A, S, D, W, and X" all stayed the same, but the registries for those keys had supposedly changed or something, as my key setup worked (except for a few functions, because the PSP doesn't have enough keys). My setup is as follows:

Left: Left D-Pad
Right: Right D-Pad
Jump: Up D-Pad
Crouch: Down D-Pad
Prone: Cross Button
Grenade: Triangle Button
Shoot/Choose Weapon: Circle Button
Reload: Square
Mouse/Cursor: Control Stick
Weapons Menu: Select
Menu: Start

I recorded two 15-second videos with my digital camera. My camera only lets me record for 15 seconds straight, so I can't help it. Finally, the videos are in .mov (Quicktime) format, because of my camera's software, so you'll need Quicktime player to view them. Heh, sorry.

Download: Soldat On PSP Videos (3.1 MB)

Tell me what you think. Christ, it took me so long to set everything up because of PSP's inability to have an attachable keyboard, so everything I typed (my name) took a long while. I had to work mentally a bit to figure out how to create a whole new directory as well. Anyway, hope you think it's cool. Boosta, this definately beats your Palm Pilot (PDA) fake image.

Wow, that is sweet, you got a psp llucky >_> I cant wait to get a psp after PSP2 comes out :D

Kazuki
April 20, 2005, 1:21 am
No, I don't have PSP. I used my friend's PSP. I think that it's not worth buying yet. Way overpriced, just like the VAIO's. Secondly, I don't believe there will be a PSP2. The PSP can easily be upgraded software-wise. In addition, it doesn't need hardware upgrades.

Captain Ben
April 20, 2005, 7:51 am
If Soldat were going to be portable, I wouldn't game on the PSP, as the Nintendo DS has a touch screen, so atleast aiming was possible. But then again, it's not like it'll ever happen, so buy a laptop and get a wireless connection. Then play in the park so people can laugh at you.

lieroguy
April 20, 2005, 3:48 pm
I'm incredibly poor, so I've conveniently avoided knowing what a PSP is so that I won't want to buy one. Woot for me. XD

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 4:00 pm
I have a ps2 so why have a PSP.. if I go on a long trip I raterh read cartoons.. plus tat thing +games costs a fortune

SPARTAN_III
April 21, 2005, 2:49 pm
aiming on a psp will indeed be slightly tedious

since DS has a mike, it could be used for talking to teammates rather than typing (hard to do on a ds anyway)

but i still want for psp cos IMO, PSP r0xx0rz way more than DS

lieroguy
April 21, 2005, 3:55 pm
It's insane how much I've stopped playing video games after I enlisted in the Army...

Deleted User
April 21, 2005, 4:34 pm
why? Video games r fun... (dont u even play soldat anymore? :O

Mini Man
April 21, 2005, 5:09 pm
quote:Actually, I'm a PC gamer and I prefer using the Control Stick on the PSP instead of the directional buttons because it provides more freedom in movement. I'm the same way with any other console games that allow your character to move in unlimited directions. You would have to use the control stick to travel in any direction that's not North, Northeast, East, Southeast, etc.
I meant for aiming, using the control stick instead of the mouse..would suck, not the control stick instead of the directional buttons.

Kazuki
April 21, 2005, 9:19 pm
Yeah, I agree with that, it just makes most sense to use the control stick because it gives the most freedom. However, now that you look at it, it would be kind of retarded to put Soldat on a device without a mouse. :P

lieroguy
April 21, 2005, 10:34 pm
I do play soldat, occasionally. But I've got classes, Army stuff, a girlfriend, And two 2-hour sessions of Physical Training a day.

Spectral
April 22, 2005, 2:54 am
intense

Sam
April 22, 2005, 8:21 pm
Soldat would be great on DS, although it would have to be an altered version for the lack of buttons. It could be like this:

Aim = Touch screen
Shoot = Double tap on touch screen
Jet = L or R
Jump = Up or X
Left = Left or Y
Right = Right or A
Crouch = Down or B
Prone = Double Down or B

Secondary weapons and grenades would have to be scrapped, but that wouldnt be too bad. Also drop weapon would be gone so no weapon swapping, but it doesnt really matter with no secondary weapons.

Obviously this would be hard to do and MM would probaly have to get a company who knows how to program games for the DS to do it. But meh, nice idea.

Messiah
April 22, 2005, 11:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiNo, I don't have PSP. I used my friend's PSP. I think that it's not worth buying yet. Way overpriced, just like the VAIO's. Secondly, I don't believe there will be a PSP2. The PSP can easily be upgraded software-wise. In addition, it doesn't need hardware upgrades.

Ohh, if it becomes about...80-100 dollars, i might consider buying it other then that forget it. PS3 is coming out soon anyway...well thats what i hear 0.o? Feedback