( search forums )
Soldat 1.1 Released!
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
February 3, 2003, 11:46 am
Yes that's right. Soldat version 1.1 is finally here!
After a couple of months of hard work it is done and ready for you to play it!
So don't wait and download!
In the meantime you can tell about this all your friends.

I lost track of the new stuff I added and fixed from version 1.0.5b to 1.1.0 so I'll just list the most important:
- New game mode: Infiltration
- New game option: Realistic mode
- New maps and some re-made old ones
- New graphics (about 60 new scenery elements)
- New sounds (also about 60)
- New music tracks and mp3 player
- New customizable profiles and interfaces
- New Anti-Cheat protection
- And even more and more...

Please uninstall any previous versions of Soldat before this.
The Soldat Map Maker and the Soldat Interface Maker are not ready yet so they are not added to the package. I'll release the editors soon.

Baron Von Sextron
February 3, 2003, 6:52 pm
don't have to pay.. just have to pay for the extra stuff, like a playlist, or something. and to get rid of the annoying license-stylée popup at the start

JayBDey
February 4, 2003, 3:09 am
How many days do you think it will take for someone to crack the shareware version? All the fee will do is motivate crackers to hack it faster.

By friday, we will see cracks for the full version. And in a few week we will see new cheats.

Sad to say, but it's true. People will always find a way 'not to pay'.

Reiko
February 4, 2003, 5:37 am
^ he's right :(

I was amazed at how much better the game was, but disappointed at the fee.

Arendo
February 4, 2003, 6:02 am
We all are...

I really hoped the rumours weren't true, but seems that it is...

The best thing actually is, the connection.
In 1.0.5b I never had people connecting to my game, now I had about 10+ people within 15 minutes!! Something has defenetly changed :D

Omenalimonadi-
February 4, 2003, 8:03 am
9$ isn't much for such a great game as Soldat. And it's fair, Michal has put lot's of work into it.

Aquillion
February 4, 2003, 8:09 am
quote:Originally posted by Arendo
We all are...

In 1.0.5b I never had people connecting to my game, now I had about 10+ people within 15 minutes!! Something has defenetly changed :D
I suspect that's just because of all the hubub over the new release, combined with the fact that relatively few 1.1 servers have been set up yet. There's not really much that Michal could have changed in the code to instantly make more people log on to Soldat servers, after all. [:P]

Though I could be wrong -- are the Soldat 1.1 clients linking with each other to form a vast AI network that's logging into all of our games and killing us repeatedly? Is this Soldat Master AI going to go mad and try to take over the world? Why does my dead friend keep messaging me in Soldat and telling me that I no longer need a body?

...um, ignore that last question if it didn't mean anything to you. [;)]

Soldat 1.1 - now with Lain support!

Darac
February 4, 2003, 10:04 am
i have to say im disapointed... :/ to many bugs still, i cant even start a game...

M
February 4, 2003, 12:02 pm
Mo more soldat for 13 days :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Arendo
February 4, 2003, 1:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquillion
quote:Originally posted by Arendo
We all are...

I suspect that's just because of all the hubub over the new release, combined with the fact that relatively few 1.1 servers have been set up yet. There's not really much that Michal could have changed in the code to instantly make more people log on to Soldat servers, after all. [:P]

Though I could be wrong -- are the Soldat 1.1 clients linking with each other to form a vast AI network that's logging into all of our games and killing us repeatedly? Is this Soldat Master AI going to go mad and try to take over the world? Why does my dead friend keep messaging me in Soldat and telling me that I no longer need a body?

...um, ignore that last question if it didn't mean anything to you. [;)]

Soldat 1.1 - now with Lain support!

Hmmz, i actually meant that the game programming approved, since people could connect to my server now. It wasn't possible before. I tried to play the game with a friend two days ago, and it just wasn't possible, also it wasn't possible to request the server list.

Anyway, I hate the fee...
I'm 16, I'm dutch, I need my parents approval for a debit card, since you need to be 18+ for a credit card. My parents will never approve with me paying for a game, since I already invest too much time in the computer, time i should actually invest in school... My grades are way low...

Anyway, I'm really hoping for a crack to release soon, cuz I really like to try out the options for registered users only...
Too bad Mike had to put in a fee, else I wouldn't have to get people to crack the game... It's such a great game, why add a fee??

Patriot
February 4, 2003, 5:57 pm
Hmmm no im thinking why Michal aint replying to these posts?

lamadog
February 4, 2003, 10:46 pm
Ok, this game rocks bad.

I havent noticed much bugs, In fact, I havent seen ONE. The game's just the best one Ive ever played, better graphics, sound and everything else than 1.05 and just as fast, just as high fps, just as perfect.

If it hadnt been for the fee. The fee was a BAD move. Really, really really BAD move.
If you truly need money for this game (which you deserve, for making suck a [:-censored]ing good (ex-)freeware game) you could just have asked us. Said that you sadly needed money or else you would have to put a fee on Soldat.

I can guarantee I would have payed a litte, even though I'm 16, have no credit card and no job.
People with a litte money would perhaps have payed more. And people who cant afford it, or who isnt allowed to pay over net (IE: Your main fan-group) would still be able to play the game.

Ok, it wouldnt have hurt SO much if it wasn't for the 14 day trial... If it had just been the extras then I wouldnt have payed, but still, it wouldnt have hurt. Today it hurts.

You are guaranteed to see both a lot of people playing the old version and the rest hacking the game. Perhaps some will pay, but THAT many people wont be able to.

I wont pay. [B)]

PET
March 2, 2003, 2:38 pm
:(
Don't have so much monney !

DNA.styx
March 2, 2003, 2:52 pm
then just play for free :)