( search forums )
Smoke of m79 makes pred......
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sbu-spyvin
April 19, 2005, 3:41 pm
Hey

here is a idea.

after shooting a m79 bullet there comes smoke of the explosion.
that smoke can make predetors visible (u know that pickup that makes u invisble) they get dirty of the smoke.

EndertheXenocide
April 19, 2005, 5:30 pm
Not a bad idea. but unpractical. If your shot does make smoke, they smoke will dissappear almost imidiately. if a predetor happened to walk by your cloud of smoke it wouldn't make that big of an impression. For the pred will walk by it fast enough it wouldn't matter. But the idea of the M79 making a cloud of smoe would be something new. It would look interesting.

damnnation
April 19, 2005, 6:00 pm
it's the same asd the blood, i'd like to see it also with the nades

zambo_the_clown
April 19, 2005, 6:21 pm
grenade smoke and small black crater holes from explosions would be indeed kick ass!!! To bad you couldnt created a small crater in the ground from m79 or nades due to the types of polygons... the craters made by explosions on the ground would go no further than .2 inches if possible without recoding everything.

i am ahab
April 20, 2005, 12:25 pm
by the power of forum search i compell thee to cease this ignorance!
there've been umpteen threads about modifiable terrain. i think the latest slating was http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19413&SearchTerms=terrain .and it just has has bad idea written all over it. go see liero (http://lieroxtreme.thegaminguniverse.com/) or worms or something to see the direction that'd take you in.
even if you start adding more debris being thrown around by explosions you start to modify the visable game area. and soldat is above all else simple. which is why i personally adore it so.
so to recap; this predator visability thing would be cool to see but a sod to program and requires modifications that are, IMO sadly flawed.

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 2:33 pm
it would still be cool if it happened.. not too useful, but yet cool

zyxstand
April 20, 2005, 8:42 pm
few things would need to be done though - since explosion is a .bmp pic, you could have explsns bitmaps that don't have any smoke. therefore, you should make the smoke separate - or even better, make it more particle-based (yay). this way you can make teh smoke stay longer (rather than adding like 20 smoke bitmaps) and it'd also be more efficient.

Cowzilla
April 21, 2005, 12:17 am
Yeah, cool idea, but it would be impractical, and stuff.

Vanana
April 22, 2005, 1:36 am
sounds nice

KnOt
April 24, 2005, 1:33 pm
I can imagine slowly making my own tunnels with an m79... Wouldn't that be cool? ;)

MercyM
April 24, 2005, 2:56 pm
Hmm... Something like ranny.
It would be very nice and realistic if there would be a smoke *line* or what do you ever call it, in M79, like in the M72 LAW. :)

BManx2000
April 24, 2005, 4:20 pm
But the M79 is a grenade launcher. In fact, I'm fairly sure that the real life LAW rocket engine burns out before exiting the barrel (or else the soldier firing it would get fried by the backblast), so realistically there shouldn't even be smoke on that.

Mini Man
April 24, 2005, 4:26 pm
lol yea Bmanx i think it does, but...the law would look crappy without the smoke wouldnt it?

MercyM
April 24, 2005, 4:54 pm
But in SOCOM II US Navy SEALs, there is smoke in M79. O.o
Some other grenade launchers have got too.

Camkill
May 7, 2005, 7:00 pm
Smoke grenades.... make sense? i honestly think u should be able to throw smoke grenades, and then have it like realistic mode where people cant actually see you if there is a wall seperating them and u, make it so the smoke causes u to be un-see-able :P and maybe like Tear Gas grenades that make your vision go all blurry and you cant see well if u get hit by them or touch the gas they release, make it like blue or something so that people can tell it apart from regular smoke and stuff. Im sorry if this has already been posted, but these ideas posted above just inspired me and since i just recently joined i felt that it would be great to start things off with what i think is a fabulous idea....

any comments?

B[2]F
The Masters Of Frag

Mini Man
May 7, 2005, 7:09 pm
Nice Necroing Camkill..u better watch it or the Moderators will be after you :)

Altho, i do like ure ideas.