( search forums )
Auto-map download won't work...
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Stealth870
April 20, 2005, 6:00 pm
My friends can't download a custom map I made onmy server :( It works on LAN, the auto-download, and I've auto-downlaoded rofm other servers, but apparently, when they join mines, it just says Connection accpeted and hangs there...why? I have ports 27073 and 27083 forwarded...UDP and TCP

Denacke
April 20, 2005, 8:49 pm
You have to run a dedicated for that to work.

mar77a
April 20, 2005, 9:42 pm
And make sure the Allow_Download is 1 in soldat.ini...

cooz
April 20, 2005, 11:11 pm
Denacke: what u're talking about? for what "that" dedi server have to be set? u're saing that custom maps can be downloaded only from dedicated server!?

mar77a: this variable is defaulted set to 1, and i dont think that he would change it.

n00bface
April 20, 2005, 11:29 pm
quote: Denacke: what u're talking about? for what "that" dedi server have to be set? u're saing that custom maps can be downloaded only from dedicated server!?
Yep, only dedicated servers can offer map downloads.

AWH_ReApEr
April 20, 2005, 11:36 pm
Incorrect. I sometimes run my own (not dedicated), and it works fine.

cooz
April 21, 2005, 12:13 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
Yep, only dedicated servers can offer map downloads.

really? if so it's wierd, because i was playing on custom map today( ctf_fake-ernest8 if anyboody wants to know ;p) and one man downladed .pms file then few scenery files and start to playing with me... and for sure i did not set dedi server.

Stealth870
April 21, 2005, 12:58 am
Yes, I'm also using the Soldat Dedicated Server program (that DOS one) and Allow_Download=1 but it still won't work. :(

hock3y
April 21, 2005, 1:03 am
Make sure there are no spaces after the map name, sometimes that gives weird errors

Also is dedicated set to 1?

n00bface
April 21, 2005, 8:35 am
quote:really? if so it's wierd, because i was playing on custom map today( ctf_fake-ernest8 if anyboody wants to know ;p) and one man downladed .pms file then few scenery files and start to playing with me... and for sure i did not set dedi server.
It was a problem in the beta I guess..I didn't know it was fixed.
quote:Yes, I'm also using the Soldat Dedicated Server program (that DOS one) and Allow_Download=1 but it still won't work. :(
What is the join port you are using? You need to unblock the join port, the game port+10 and 23083 (even if 23073 isn't the join port.)
quote:Also is dedicated set to 1?
There is no way to take it off dedicated in the Dedicated 2.2.8 server.

Stealth870
April 21, 2005, 12:28 pm
Yup, here's the netowrk section of my servers soldat.ini:
[code]
Port=23073
JoinPort=23073
Max_Players=6
Default_Remote_Host=144.162.95.160
Game_Password=
Admin_Password=*****
Connection=Internet
Lobby_Register=1
ASE_Register=1
Lobby_IP=62.111.129.3
Server_Name=STEALTH's Server
Dedicated=1
Clanmatch=0
Internet_Connection=2
Greeting_Message=Rules: Eat rice, and you'll live
Server_Info=
ShowRealLag=1
Min_Ping=0
Max_Ping=1000
Filter_Players=0
Filter_Gametype=0
Filter_Dedicated=0
Filter_NoPassword=1
Filter_NoBots=1
Filter_Survival=0
Filter_Realistic=0
Filter_NoBonuses=0
Filter_Weapons=0
Balance_Teams=1
Dont_Forward=1
Vote_Percent=66
Compression=1
Spectator=0
Max_Spectators=3
Spectator_Chat=1
Allow_Download=1[/code]

AND my router has:
quote:
Port 1

Protocol: TCP
Global Port(s): 23073
Base Host Port: 23073
Port 2

Protocol: UDP
Global Port(s): 23073
Base Host Port: 23073
Port 3

Protocol: TCP
Global Port(s): 23083
Base Host Port: 23083
Port 4

Protocol: UDP
Global Port(s): 23083
Base Host Port: 23083

All these forwarded for Soldat. I haver the Kerio Personal Firewall, but I think it already allows Soldat access and stuff (I mean, if I can even join or host a game, the firewall is fine), and like I said, the LAN auto-download works, and my computer will autodownload (joining server by 127.0.0.1) from the server too, so I don't get it...:(

Michal Marcinkowski
April 21, 2005, 12:57 pm
The map downloading works on non-dedicated server, but I don't suggest you use it.
It's probably your router that is screwing something.

n00bface
April 21, 2005, 1:02 pm
quote:but I think it already allows Soldat access and stuff (I mean, if I can even join or host a game, the firewall is fine), and like I said, the LAN auto-download works, and my computer will autodownload (joining server by 127.0.0.1) from the server too, so I don't get it...:(
Usually firewalls will just enable network communication with other machines, but won't allow you to be the actual machine (for example in FileSharing applications, people behind firewalls can still download stuff, but people will get timeouts when they try and download off of the person behind the firewall - same with IRC filetranfers [DCC].) I suggest you turn the firewall off just *temporarily* to see if that affects your ability to host map downloads. I'm not saying you should keep it off, just try it so you know it's the firewall settings you need to edit to get it to work.

hock3y
April 21, 2005, 10:36 pm
And if it is the firewall just open those same exact ports as exceptions or whatever to the firewall.

Stealth870
April 23, 2005, 3:51 pm
I know about the ports and stuff, as I've done it with BitTorrent and stuff (with proper connections on each side), and get the connections all good, but it wont work the same for Soldat apparently.