( search forums )
reload
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
damnnation
April 20, 2005, 8:59 pm
how about this more relistic reload, when you start to reload and switch to sec. weapon and kill somone, switch back to the reload just goes on, BUT what if you switch back and you need to do the reload from start everytime ? i'd like to see this in realistic or normal more for shure.

Keron Cyst
April 21, 2005, 2:54 am
I don't like it because it makes you vulnerable quite easily, even tho' it is realistic :|
If this is to be applied, it should be disabled for particular weapons. It'd be all right in Realistic Mode, and if it would be put in, then even throwing grenades should reset the reload process.

peemonkey
April 21, 2005, 4:02 am
i prefer how it is, which is more of a soldat thing, not a logic thing. just one of those htings that make it a fun game.

Captain Ben
April 21, 2005, 8:55 am
Yeah, that's the whole point of a secondary! So when your primary is in a long-ass reload, you can switch to your secondary! Nay, I say, but then again, perhaps only in realistic?

Green Barret
April 21, 2005, 9:35 am
I highly disagree. Soldat is about action. If you want more realism, why don't you just take away jet boots as well? Its part of the FUN, and no video game can ever be perfectly realistic no matter how you try. When one sits on a chair with a keyboard in front of him, no one is going to feel the fear of going into a real battlefield where you have only one life. You can't feel the pain of getting hit by lead bullets or splashed by grenade fragments.

Video games are best for ESCAPING from reality, as you can do things you can never do in real life. Please don't make this game any more like the real life i am tired of.

PLUS: If you want to have absolute realism, when you stop to do something else, it should take time to put the ammo magazine back onto the mag pouch. I mean, how do you fire a law or use a chainsaw with a M249 magazine in your hand?

SPARTAN_III
April 21, 2005, 11:47 am
^^amen to THAT^^ bloody hell, i am TIRED of ppl trying to make soldat like real life exactly. real life is 3-D ppl 3-D!!!111

soldat is 2d, and it should stay that way

Wopkeuh
April 21, 2005, 12:58 pm
Soldat is a game, let's keep it that way ;)

Before you know it people would want to implement a remote in the game so you can watch nickelodeon on a tv near the enemy flag.

Michal Marcinkowski
April 21, 2005, 1:01 pm
It wouldn't be bad in realistic mode but it would make switching weapons pretty useless.

papasurf31
April 21, 2005, 1:44 pm
Most experienced players quickly switch out their secondary for another primary asap, so this idea doesn't really affect them much. And, it would make it more difficult for secondary users to retain their current playstyle. IMO, any changes made to soldat should affect all players, so that nobody is given an unfair advantage/disadvatage.

Deleted User
April 21, 2005, 2:04 pm
I think this idea is nc. I like when soldat could be more and more and EVEN more realistic ...there is a little icon in NEW GAME FOR IT
[ ] Realistic mode ....
..never seen before ? Blind ? X_x or sumfing ?
C'mon all say nomore realism it's realistic enough ...I say NO!
Realistic mode could have some little fixes and upgrades ...

damnnation
April 21, 2005, 3:16 pm
it was just an idea ive had in my mind allong time, just wanted to let you guys know and see if it was good...

DT
April 21, 2005, 3:41 pm
it would be but this is to fast paced for it :(

Deleted User
April 21, 2005, 6:47 pm
this wouldnt affect me so much, im not using any weapons with very long reloading time.. but it will still bug me perhaps.

EndertheXenocide
April 22, 2005, 2:15 am
If the reload did change, my whole timing would be off. Since I play mostly by the feel of how I move and hear the reload sounds. If the reload was just say .3 secs longer or something close to that, I could be dead in that time frame. Change is good, but maybe not that much of a change.

Unlucky 13
April 22, 2005, 6:58 am
Heh, I suggested this for most weapons, except the Spas and the Saw, because of the way they reload.
It is a good idea to me.

Captain Ben
April 22, 2005, 8:39 am
I'm glad the knife doesn't need any reloading.

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 10:30 am
How would that even work, Ben?

Captain Ben
April 22, 2005, 11:24 am
Well, after much thought, I came up with a comic, but it's a BIG bitmap (2.32mb).
Here's the concept: You stab someone, and when you pull the knife out, you need to 'reload' it by inserting another blade, not to mention a 15 second reload time.

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 2:18 pm
inserting another blade? 15 second? so.. the knife gonna have longer reload time than the barret.. NAH