( search forums )
Few Ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
April 20, 2005, 9:17 pm
Bink, if it isn't already, should be less while crouching, since your soldat would be (in most circumstances) holding the gun more tightly.

'Bout xyzstand's weapon boxes, I don't think they should be that; they should simply be Weapon Spawn Points, where actual weapons, as if you killed soldaten holding them, would fall and you could throw away your weapon and take it. And it'd disappear after the usual time for a weap.

*imagines moronic map makers riddling their maps with XM214's all over*

I know the following should be in the Map Editor Suggestions place, but I've already got my momentum going :P
In the Map Editor you should be able to specify a variation area for spawn points (I'm thinking just a field composed of a poly), so power-ups don't appear in the exact same place every time they respawn, which is boring.

I'd also like the server name to show in the Points Chart (F1) above Kills, so if it's a nice server with unfortunately a not-so-catchy title I won't forget the name ;)

Vijchtidoodah
April 21, 2005, 6:28 am
I still don't like that first idea.

But about the second: if you just add more than one spawn point, it'll randomly spawn at either one (and, curiously, you can do the same with the ctf flags, but that gets glitchy).

Also, I love the last idea. I can't tell you how many times I forget what server I went into when I plan on returning some day (damn elusive custom map servers!!).

vash763
April 21, 2005, 7:09 am
i like the first

i like the second, because then the map maker doesnt know either

and i like the third

Futile
April 21, 2005, 9:44 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystBink, if it isn't already, should be less while crouching, since your soldat would be (in most circumstances) holding the gun more tightly.

Agreed.

quote:
'Bout xyzstand's weapon boxes, I don't think they should be that; they should simply be Weapon Spawn Points, where actual weapons, as if you killed soldaten holding them, would fall and you could throw away your weapon and take it. And it'd disappear after the usual time for a weap.

[...]

Weapon selection is a huge part of the strategy of a soldat game, and weapon boxes (or indeed your suggestion with free weps scattered around the map), would ruin a part of it.

quote:
I know the following should be in the Map Editor Suggestions place, but I've already got my momentum going :P
In the Map Editor you should be able to specify a variation area for spawn points (I'm thinking just a field composed of a poly), so power-ups don't appear in the exact same place every time they respawn, which is boring.

Why not. It seems like a fairly usefull way of placing spawnpoints. And since he already has to make "area"/"markup"-polys for the king of the hill mode, there will be little extra job for Michal. (perhaps he isn't developing the map maper any more though...).

quote:
I'd also like the server name to show in the Points Chart (F1) above Kills, so if it's a nice server with unfortunately a not-so-catchy title I won't forget the name ;)

Yes, definetly.

SPARTAN_III
April 21, 2005, 11:50 am
i like all those ideas

Keron Cyst
April 22, 2005, 3:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Futile
quote:

[...]

Weapon selection is a huge part of the strategy of a soldat game, and weapon boxes (or indeed your suggestion with free weps scattered around the map), would ruin a part of it....

Well, yeah, that's true...

how about an Unrealistic Mode? XD

DT
April 22, 2005, 4:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystBink, if it isn't already, should be less while crouching, since your soldat would be (in most circumstances) holding the gun more tightly.

yea but camping though....
quote:

nah don't really need that

quote:

heh powerups flying from outa no where on your base
quote:

Keron Cyst
April 23, 2005, 1:04 am
quote:Originally posted by DT[quote]Originally posted by Keron Cyst... yea but camping though....
I never said "prone," only crouching. In fact, I think going prone would make bink even greater; go ahead and try to crouch in real life while holding a weapon. Is your arm that much steadier than standing up? And I don't think that many players check the forums anyways, so we can just not tell 'em :P