( search forums )
Fan Art and Movies Rules/Tips
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Art and Movies
Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 10:02 pm
Some quick guidelines, because I've started repeating myself trying to keep people in line.

1. If you're posting a fan comic, or any image, please keep the swearing to a bare minimum. I will allow a few swear words, but the forum rules forbid bad language and I shouldn't let people get around this by posting it in comics instead.

2. Please don't resurrect old topics. Before you post, check the date of the last post. If its a few months old, chances are the topic has stopped being updated (comics) or the creator isn't checking for criticism any more (movies). Don't post if links are broken, either. Let it die.

3. This is more of a recommendation than a rule. Don't make movies using basic footage of you killing people, because unless the kills are especially spectacular (M79 shots across the map) or skilled (punching people to death in the middle of a ctf match), people will find it boring. Instead of downloading the movie they could just enter a soldat server and recreate the movie. Be creative with your ideas and come up with an original movie.

4. I'm no comic artist, but I've noticed certain traits in 'good' comics recently. In some strips, the dialog is harder to read than others, especially when some 'speech' is automatically read before others and you end up reading it in the wrong order. Here are some tips for making a comic that should make it much more readable.

- In a new frame, have the speech for the first speaking character as near to the top left corner as possible. People read a book from left to right and top to bottom, so you naturally look for text in the top left.
- Have the next section of speech lower and to the right of the first.
- The next speech should be left again, just underneath the first one.
- If 2 or more speeches are spoken by the same character, join up the conversation with lines.

Here is an example I quickly drew to demonstrate:

[IMAGE]

Yeah, those some leet comic skillz