( search forums )
Playing 5.1 Surround Sound
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
EndertheXenocide
April 21, 2005, 5:41 pm
I was wondering if Soldat is made for 5.1 surround sound. I had installed a new Creative live sound card in my CPU a couple of months ago. At first I thought I didn't install the hardware right and install the software correctly either. Just recently I reinstalled everything. I need numerous sound tests and made sure every speaker works correctly. They do.

I know that when you play music from Windows Media Player, the sound files have to be made for 5.1 audio play. Most MP3, WMA, and others are usually recorded in stereo. So when played through a 5.1 speaker system they usually only come out of the rear/front l/r speakers. Not the center. Well playing Soldat I notice sound doesn't come out of the center speaker either. I wasn't sure if Soldat sounds were made for stereo playing only, not Surround Sound.

I will be giving the specs. of my sound card later tonight. I don't have the information right now. Maybe someone that has some know-how on the subject could give me some information on Soldat Sounds.

FliesLikeABrick
April 22, 2005, 12:49 am
no it isnt, really the only thing that uses the center speaker and the rest of the surround sound as surround sound is DVDs, and some more expensive games

EndertheXenocide
April 22, 2005, 8:54 pm
K. that is what I figured, but I just wanted to know for sure. Thanks Brick.