( search forums )
Desert Eagles
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
-DoA-Pero-SLO-
April 21, 2005, 7:06 pm
Like everyone is complaining about the autos and barret but ALMOST NOONE whines about the desert eagles....IMO they are waaaaaay overpowered...i mean u come to him bam bam,hes dead,reload,bam bam,hes dead...i went on a gather server yesterday and everyone(except me)used the deagles i mean WTF...even i can pwn with deagles,tho they are my leadt favourite weapon.
So i think that something needs to be done about the deagles
Show ur opinion here.
greetz,Pero

Felix
April 21, 2005, 7:11 pm
don't touch my deagles!!!^^

they're fine like that, and if you get pwn by them, you should ask yourself about
Ak it's very powerful too..so...

desert eagles need good aim, without that you're the last in the results^^

Deleted User
April 21, 2005, 8:00 pm
It is true deser eagles are too power full (ak vs deser eagle DE wins cause it kill lots of faster and you can shoot as long as you can see and kill multiple enemys with just one clip) I am wondering why hell people compline AK or other autos but only true is deser eagle and ruger are the moust powerfull weabons of the game (You can look gather website desert eagles are moust used and why? simply it is the moust powerfull)

Liber_Lupus
April 21, 2005, 8:06 pm
Ok, if the autos, de, barret, ruger, minigun are bad, then what should I use?

DT
April 21, 2005, 8:14 pm
rugers kill with 2 hits long range.... and deagles do 3 shot kills short range....
think about it...
you sould be complaining about rugers not deagles

Deleted User
April 21, 2005, 8:14 pm
I think that isn't queation for "what weabon should I use witouth laming?" well I think that is moustly talking abouht realy lame weabons -_- (I think people should use any weabon I don't just get it why some dudes is complaining abouht some weabons (and when I ask reason they say it is owerpowered and so on... (and that isn't even true!)))

The Geologist
April 21, 2005, 8:23 pm
Gee, let's whine about every weapon in the game that makes us angry or appears overused. Let's moan about it until we create another barretard movement against people who use deagles and rugers. I mean come on, those weapons can use used efficiently to kill people from a long range. OMG!!!!11!1 We've whined about all the autos and the barret + m79, so let's move on to two of the three weapons left in the game.

FFS...rugers gets binked, so if people can manage to kill you from a distance good for them. Same for deagles. What guns are you using? Because maybe, just maybe, you need more practice so that your opponent doesn't get the chance to land those deagle shots. Shoot, bam, someone's dead...reload, shoot, bam, someone else is dead. That's the way it works with every gun in the history of firearms (unless you have a crappy peashooter).

Deagles are fine. Fine. Fine!!

Edit to include my previous, deleted post: People will find a reason to [IMAGE] about anything.

Avarax
April 21, 2005, 8:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Liber_LupusOk, if the autos, de, barret, ruger, minigun are bad, then what should I use?

spazzzz!!

i like the weapon balance, all weapons are fine, even the minigun.

_Mancer_
April 21, 2005, 8:39 pm
Hah, its not the weapons that need fixing..its BINK.

peemonkey
April 21, 2005, 9:01 pm
im suprised people still whine. i started playing agin, and all the guns seem really even. it's all about the player.

Mini Man
April 21, 2005, 9:04 pm
Argh, all the weapons (other than the minigun) are fine just as long as they arent abused
auto - Spraying
barret - Camping
Nades - Spamming
All other guns are hard to lame with.
Note : I like all guns.

papasurf31
April 21, 2005, 9:07 pm
Guns don't kill people, Poeple kill people. Maybe those players were better than you, not because they used a "superior" weapon (if one existed).

Kazuki
April 21, 2005, 9:16 pm
The truth is, I don't care. I will agree with you if it will make your life better, if it will make you believe I'm a good person. I don't see why it would, but surprisingly, not everyone is the sharpest knife in the drawer ...

Fine, I will agree with you that the Desert Eagles are overpowered, but I will still use them. During war, you aren't very open-minded about honor and respect, you just wanna kill the other guy so that you stay alive and you come out victorious. Just because someone tells me what they think of a gun that they have not used and are consciously trying to hate it isn't going to stop me from trying to win. Whether I kill someone with Desert Eagles or an M79 from close range will not matter to me. A kill is a kill and a cap is a cap, no matter what people say and no matter how much they whine. Statistics and scores will not change just because someone is whining or just because a weapon is named "overpowered."

Conclusion? I don't care what you say. If you want, I'll even try to make you feel better. But in the end, I will continue to use what I want to use.

Before anyone responds to me with the whole "you're a one-weapon retard" stuff, I want to let you know that I do use more than just Desert Eagles and a knife. I'm a fan of the Ruger, M79, LAW, and Soccom besides the two previously named weapons.

Marbire
April 21, 2005, 9:43 pm
Ruger kills faster, reloads faster, and the aim is a straight line.

Deagles aren't always bam bam kill. 2 hit kills are assuming you are very very close to your opponent, and you have decent aim. And I dont see how your bam bam complain really gets anywhere.... with all the guns it's bam bam kill. With mini you need like under 10 hits to kill...... and you got 50. Same with AK

Conclusion...... all guns are overpowered. Therefor, they are pretty balanced.

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
April 21, 2005, 9:50 pm
its cool,use deags if u want,but i find it a little lame if u play with a weapon just to win,not to have phun....

Meandor
April 21, 2005, 9:59 pm
The real problem are team games. A 3 DE team vs misc team is likely to do a lot more damage than a 3 DE team vs a team with all autos. But when they aren't backed up, they're not overpowered. Same happens for automatics. That's why i think there should be a limit of weapons available as an option (like i said countless times).

The Geologist
April 21, 2005, 11:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by -DoA-Pero-SLO-its cool,use deags if u want,but i find it a little lame if u play with a weapon just to win,not to have phun....

Your primary weapons are the AK and the barret and you're calling other people/guns lame? Riiiight...

AWH_ReApEr
April 21, 2005, 11:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Geologistquote:Originally posted by -DoA-Pero-SLO-its cool,use deags if u want,but i find it a little lame if u play with a weapon just to win,not to have phun....

Your primary weapons are the AK and the barret and you're calling other people/guns lame? Riiiight...

LOL.

All guns are fine and balanced well. Bink doesn't need to be changed, either. I also agree with Kazuki, in that you use a gun to kill someone. Whichever gun you do that with most efficiently is probably the gun you use most. Whether or not a certain gun is easier to kill with than another shouldn't matter. A skilled player knows how to handle certain situations accordingly. When I 1v1 people, I end up using a couple different guns every time. Example:

The person has decided to camp with a Barret? Fine, I'll use an Aug and bink him. He's decided to use a Minimi or AK? That's okay, I'll use Deagles and take him out faster than he can shoot 10 bullets at me. You see, it's all part of the game. Learn to use weapons to accordingly handle certain circumstances, and I'm sure you'll figure out that that's what the game is designed for in the first place.

No gun is "noob" except the Minigun when it's in Mancer's hands. *Looks harshly at Mancer* ;p

That's my take on the whole "OMGOMGOMG THE WEAPONS ARE UNBALANCED WTF" point of view.

Also, it's time for my complaint: I'm rather sick of people telling me I'm a noob because I use the LAW. For those of you that think people that use LAWs are campers: In case you hadn't noticed, you need to crouch/prone to fire it. Crouching for a second is not camping. Don't get mad because you've been turned into a firework.

I'm done. Have a nice day. ;)

Jap_man
April 22, 2005, 2:08 am
Oh god, not another one of these topics.
Firstly who cares if the Deagles are over powered or not, like all weapons, it has it's strengths and weakness's. It is very strong but it can only shoot at short distances. So if you want to kill someone using Deagles start fighting from a long distance with something like a Minimi or AK.

So instead of whining about how "over powered" the Deagles are try to find ways of combating them.

BManx2000
April 22, 2005, 3:26 am
I will put and end to this once and for all (not really, but it's nice to believe that I could). I once read an essay on game balance and playing to win and whatnot. Luckily I was able to find it. It's written with street fighter in mind, but it really applies to all games. Just replace "Street Fighter" with "Soldat" and "throw" with "Desert Eagles/Barret/Autos".

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

aprilninety
April 22, 2005, 3:29 am
tone down the deagles bullet clip to 6 perhaps? I see a lot of novices use it, probably because its easy to aim with and is pretty powerful. Ruger is a little harder to use.

AWH_ReApEr
April 22, 2005, 3:36 am
Don't touch the Deagles.

Felix
April 22, 2005, 5:39 am
Pero, go on the SN, NbK servers, the power of weap are less powerful.

Roy
April 22, 2005, 6:10 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000I will put and end to this once and for all (not really, but it's nice to believe that I could). I once read an essay on game balance and playing to win and whatnot. Luckily I was able to find it. It's written with street fighter in mind, but it really applies to all games. Just replace "Street Fighter" with "Soldat" and "throw" with "Desert Eagles/Barret/Autos".

http://www.sirlin.net/Features/feature_PlayToWinPart1.htm

Good article; I've brought it up in situations like this many times.

But, I don't really agree with Sirlin 100%, mostly because the end result of the game is to have fun, and many people don't get the most enjoyment out of it simply be winning by any means possible. Yes, I use Ruger because I think it is the most effective weapon in the game if used properly, and I find it easier to kill people with than, say, the Steyr at full potential. But my power as a Soldat still depends on my abilities and experience as a player.

Like someone else said, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Just admit to yourselves that you're merely annoyed when someone kills you better than you can kill them, and stop trying to work around acknowledging their actual skill.

Green Barret
April 22, 2005, 7:24 am
People, people, calm down please. All the weapons are just fine(best balance of all versions). Don't touch anything!

DeMonIc
April 22, 2005, 11:49 am
If you look at weapons one by one, none is overpowered. The balance is perfect.
If you look at weapons when they are used in a team altogether, the balance breakes up, and you get sprayers, the dreaded DE-steyr, double ruger, and various other tactics. But whining won't solve anything: try to adapt to the new circumstances, and learn what weapon is good against what tactic.

Captain Ben
April 22, 2005, 1:50 pm
I love the balance! Nothing's too strong or weak and everything is faithful to real life.
Though, I would like to findout what kind of Deagle MM used for the game...
In Hitman 2, the deagles have 8 bullets!
But still, I would like to see the chainsaw's reload taken away.

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 2:10 pm
I think the deagles are fine.. I dont play that often with them, but im practising with them
I think dual deagles is a good weapon, and I see no point in changing them..
=)

Borus
April 22, 2005, 7:02 pm
Deagles are good, not overpowered, only the Ruger and Minimi are overpowered.

Teh Panda
April 22, 2005, 7:57 pm
Stop whining about the weaps... Soldat has over 18 weapons... All could kill, if youre good with Minigun, you can easily win a Deagler and vica versa. Make Sticky of "NO WEAPON TOPICS"!

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 8:15 pm
0_0, i was having a discussion about this a few days ago with some people.

currently 70% of those members in clans that i have played with use either ak-74 or deagles as thier primary in clanwars. and i think i can easily name atleast 25 relatively well known north american players who use deagles as thier main. the only problem i have, and i said this before is many players going from noob to leet because of a specific weapon, and ive seen this happen with alot of people... did i mention your playing to win in clanwars and not to appease the other team?

Anyways I try not to care about who uses what weapon,(since i will occasionaly use ak in clanwars also) and whining about it does nothing... if someone is raping you with ak-74 or deagles, you can use ak-74 or deagles to counter them.

EDIT: the funny thing is almost every weapon is overpowered in some way... except mp5 ;p

lastpatriot
April 22, 2005, 9:03 pm
The MP5 has an amazing rate of fire, and it can bink Barretards, I mean, Barret users. Thata's why I use it.

Jaz
April 22, 2005, 9:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by MeandorThe real problem are team games. A 3 DE team vs misc team is likely to do a lot more damage than a 3 DE team vs a team with all autos. But when they aren't backed up, they're not overpowered. Same happens for automatics. That's why i think there should be a limit of weapons available as an option (like i said countless times).

I got bashed in sctfl for suggesting just that.

Heres the dealio:
I complain about autos because they bink me the most. People that use autos complain about deagles, because they cant bink them.
People that complain about other guns are kinda retards but it depends on which weapon has an advantage over yours.

Thats only the first part though. Some weapons are stronger than others. For example ak... ak is clearly too strong. Even if you used 3 deagles which are the strongest to use vs 3 ak you would still struggle. It all comes down to three things:

1. Unbalanced weapons/Some not as strong
2. Weapons that counter opposite weapons
3. Weapons used in a team environment (eg. ak)

Also I say autos as in (hkmp5,ak,minimi,steyr,minigun)

I think balance problems will be fixed in the next version (<3 beta testers.) And I also think bink will be either removed or made into a server side option.

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 9:48 pm
everything is fine...everybody needs to stop complaining and whining about weapon balance...it is against the rules to be talking/whining/complaining about how weapons are balanced

Messiah
April 22, 2005, 11:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiThe truth is, I don't care. I will agree with you if it will make your life better, if it will make you believe I'm a good person. I don't see why it would, but surprisingly, not everyone is the sharpest knife in the drawer ...

Fine, I will agree with you that the Desert Eagles are overpowered, but I will still use them. During war, you aren't very open-minded about honor and respect, you just wanna kill the other guy so that you stay alive and you come out victorious. Just because someone tells me what they think of a gun that they have not used and are consciously trying to hate it isn't going to stop me from trying to win. Whether I kill someone with Desert Eagles or an M79 from close range will not matter to me. A kill is a kill and a cap is a cap, no matter what people say and no matter how much they whine. Statistics and scores will not change just because someone is whining or just because a weapon is named "overpowered."

Conclusion? I don't care what you say. If you want, I'll even try to make you feel better. But in the end, I will continue to use what I want to use.

Before anyone responds to me with the whole "you're a one-weapon retard" stuff, I want to let you know that I do use more than just Desert Eagles and a knife. I'm a fan of the Ruger, M79, LAW, and Soccom besides the two previously named weapons.

I agree 100% Like..ugh i cant even explain it right now is, all i know is I belive Deagles is fine, and there hasnt been a problem with it what so ever forever, Its frickin Semi-auto for crying out loud! Enuff said... Leave the Deagles alone, dont start something new for people to complain about, because its human nature for us to blame our losing/getting owned on something else in this case Deagles...

Roy
April 23, 2005, 1:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenI love the balance! Nothing's too strong or weak and everything is faithful to real life.
Though, I would like to findout what kind of Deagle MM used for the game...
In Hitman 2, the deagles have 8 bullets!
But still, I would like to see the chainsaw's reload taken away.

Desert Eagles chambered for .50 caliber have a 7-round capacity; the .44 ones have 8-round capacity.

hypno
April 23, 2005, 2:02 am
you even lay hand on the deagles i will kill you! hehe
na i wont but i reckon the deagles are good the way they are

Jello
April 23, 2005, 2:47 am
The REAL solution to this problem is simple: Soldat players need to get lives so they stop caring about stupid [IMAGE] that doesn't matter. How's that?

Marine
April 23, 2005, 2:54 am
Desert Eagles are very powerful, no doubt. But they have bad range unless you really aim the trajectory well.

However, a weapon is only overpowered when everyone uses it :)

Ssshh, don't let anyone on :)

Teh Panda
April 23, 2005, 8:52 am
quote:Originally posted by JelloThe REAL solution to this problem is simple: Soldat players need to get lives so they stop caring about stupid [IMAGE] that doesn't matter. How's that?

WEEE!

b00stA
April 23, 2005, 8:59 am
Don't whine about weapon balance.