( search forums )
Two Soldat Discoveries:
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
April 24, 2005, 12:12 am
The Cause of the Black Soldat Bug

I noticed this playing inf_Meatball with me and one bot on the bravo team.

I added as many red bots as possible (Zaku, using the Mecha Soldat Mod), until I reached 32 and recieved an error from Soldat. However, the game kept working, and in the place of the last bot I spawned was a black Soldat. This happens every time I try to spawn too many bots. I believe the black Soldat is caused by a mishandle of the number of players and their info in the game.

Auto /Victory ?

I was playing with bots on inf_warehouse and landed a grenade on a bot without shooting or being in the air. It killed him instantly and my character automatically did the /victory command. This happens each time I do this, no matter on which map or how many bots. As long as I don't shoot them first, and kill them with one direct grenade, I automatically /victory.

Discuss.

Teh Panda
April 24, 2005, 12:15 am
I dont get that auto vic thing... i should try...

Felix
April 24, 2005, 12:45 am
when i played with alexoner, it happened too...

0_°

Hitman
April 24, 2005, 12:52 am
Boobies.

.alex.oner.
April 24, 2005, 12:57 am
yea.. that all black man stalks me :/

he gives me nightmares

Marine
April 24, 2005, 1:52 am
quote:Originally posted by HitmanBoobies.

Agreed.

Deleted User
April 24, 2005, 1:54 am
I think this is the first step to discovering why the Black Soldat appears. I never knew the automatic /victory was in the game however. If you need more decriptive steps, try this:

Stand on any terrain and wait for a bot to approach you. Without shooting or jumping into the air, toss a grenade at him and hit him DIRECTLY. It must kill him in one hit. Realistic mode is a good way to test this.

If you directly hit him and kill him instantly, your Soldat will automatically perform the /victory command.

Keron Cyst
April 24, 2005, 2:35 am
Must the 'nade victim be at full health?

EndertheXenocide
April 24, 2005, 4:19 am
I like the auto /victory. it makes fun of the bot you pwned with one grenade. But the only downfall is that when you /victory you get staled for a second or two. that is why i don't do some things like that.

SPARTAN_III
April 24, 2005, 5:33 am
well...i was playing in flashback DM with 3 bots, max 12 players. black guy appears. other bots dont seem to notice it. there were no other players in game other than me, commando, admiral, and d dave

apparently u can spawn the black soldat by typing /addbot *

Gen0cide
April 24, 2005, 6:14 am
so,typing /addbot * (with the star*) adds a black soldier?Hmm..I gotta try that

MercyM
April 24, 2005, 7:44 am
Yeah, It's not BLACK BOT!!1 It's the black ghost.. *spooky*

Never had that /victory thing... O.o

Deleted User
April 24, 2005, 11:44 am
me neither. so the black ghost dude is something michal added on purpose? freeky

lastpatriot
April 24, 2005, 11:50 am
The auto victory has happened to me before, I got a double kill on a Boogie Man and a Knifer(who was stabbing in the air)

Michal Marcinkowski
April 24, 2005, 1:57 pm
>> Auto /Victory
First I thought that someone hacked my computer and did this, I had no idea why, but then I remembered I was trying to make the bots go /victory, it must of stayed there. Cool discovery.

>> Black Soldat
Thanks for the tip. I tried to remove him many times, but he keeps on returning / haunting.

MercyM
April 24, 2005, 2:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski1. but then I remembered I was trying to make the bots go /victory

2. I tried to remove him many times, but he keeps on returning / haunting.
1. That would be nice, crying soldiers.
2. Oh crud. Remove them immediately or we're all gonna get a heart attack. :/

papasurf31
April 24, 2005, 4:32 pm
No keep, the /addbot * command. I've been using that for a long time to test wepons and blood effects for my mods and also as practice targets for tricks and stuff. It's great as a sort of sandbox for soldat, on the map dm_sandbox.

JiggaBlue
April 24, 2005, 10:16 pm
http://chaoticvoid.com/~ryukk/files/blackdeath.sdm

grand_diablo
April 25, 2005, 12:12 am
mmh instead of keeping the black bot bug, just add an extra line for bot files in the next soldat version, Michal.

"Dummy=0/1/2"

if Dummy=1, then the bot doesnt move at all but cannot be killed too, so you have your testing bot and you can style it too.
if Dummy=2, then the bot doesnt move too, but it can be killed
and
Dummy=0 is a normal bot.

SPARTAN_III
April 25, 2005, 10:08 am
teh dummy idea is so sweet! good idea GD! but then we have human colliders!

lastpatriot
April 25, 2005, 1:02 pm
I got 4 Black Bot(Ghost, Death, whatever) shots.

http://tinypic.com/4pzf6d
http://tinypic.com/4pzfif
http://tinypic.com/4pzfoj
http://tinypic.com/4pzfqu

EDIT: Fixed 'em. I know they're small, but you can see it.

MercyM
April 25, 2005, 1:32 pm
That don't work. Fix 'em and change them from bmp to something better...

Belier13
April 25, 2005, 3:29 pm
The black gay bot appear too if you did something wrong in the bot file ( such the color )