( search forums )
Strange Shots Fired Bug
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
EndertheXenocide
April 24, 2005, 5:36 am
This is a very strange bug I just found recently. yes it may sound like it doesn't exsist, but i'll try to explain it the best I can.

I was playing in the U13 public server. The previous game just ended and the map ctf_kampf loaded. I never touched my mouse when the game started. Apparently I hit to many buttons at the same time. Yet, what I did was I hit 1(for deagles) and then t (for the chat function)directly after. Well when I hit t, for some reason instead of the text to come up, my guns shot a fire instead. I was wondering what was going on. So I hit t again, and another shot fired.(all of my buttons are default). I moved my mouse around and the cursor moved, and hit t again to see if i could chat. It fired another shot. It only worked correctly after I hit the left-mouse button for a shot fired. Then i could type text properly.

This really isn't a very bad bug, has only happened to me twice so far. But just thought I may bring it up. I don't think anyone has issued this bug before. (if so, should have used search)

SPARTAN_III
April 27, 2005, 1:44 pm
err, when you say it "shot a fire" do you mean a standard bullet or a seemingly incendiary bullet?

try to remember. when you hit the mouse, did a message appear on the top "direct input initialized"

EndertheXenocide
April 27, 2005, 5:03 pm
I do understand what "direct input initialized is" I dont' use full screen so that way I can see other things on my desktop while I play soldat. When I say shots fired, I just mean a regular shot. A shot was fired from my guns. There was really nothing special about it. Except that instead of chatting I shot a fire from the guns. It only reset when I hit the left-mouse button.

Anyother questions to make it simplier to understand? I haven't played soldat since I posted this though. been a little busy with work. But I see not to many people have posted back to this. Mabye I have something to stump some people? I don't know.
(also I do use a couple of soldat mods)

Deleted User
April 27, 2005, 9:18 pm
sometimes when i spawn the jet comes on automatically and i fly up. and if i hit the right mouse button it just stops...wierd

EndertheXenocide
April 28, 2005, 9:18 pm
That is probably when you go bring the soldat window back up after you go to another program window. I have had that same problem before, but that is just when I go back into windows and it says "Direct Input Initialized". That is nothing big though. But I haven't had this bug recently. But if it does happen again, I will reply with more information.