( search forums )
Respawn time + other question.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
mickle89
April 24, 2005, 1:21 pm
1. What does the respawn time depend on. Sometimes its 2 secs or 3 secs in the same server. What makes it different?

2. If u have 2 soldiers running towards each other, obviously they dont collide so how is it determined which one appears in front?

Meandor
April 24, 2005, 1:49 pm
I believe you're playing team games, when there is more than one team member respawning it'll take more. I have no clue for the 2nd, but why do you even care?

mickle89
April 24, 2005, 2:23 pm
im just curious

Mini Man
April 24, 2005, 5:07 pm
Mickle...ure 1st question was answered by Meandor.
Ure second question is very intresting...it would actually be wierd if they collided but that'd suck, so i dont know how its determined, other than ure soldat will always be infront, but if u see to other soldat's then...im not sure.

Sam
April 24, 2005, 5:52 pm
Might be something to do with which way the soldats facing, oth than that it is possibly just random.

vash763
April 24, 2005, 9:26 pm
ive never thought about that, isnt urs always infront?

Mini Man
April 24, 2005, 10:07 pm
quote:ive never thought about that, isnt urs always infront?
Read what i said ...

grand_diablo
April 25, 2005, 12:22 am
umh I actually think the length of the respawn time doesnt depend on the numbers of players needing a respawn, since this doesnt make sense (how long does soldat wait to count another dead player? Cant work like that, since respawn time is not dynamically changing once you die and another team member falls before you respawn).

No, afaik in team games there are constantly waves running down from X to 0 (X = set respawn time), always one after another. If youre lucky and you die at the end of such a wave, you respawn in 1 sec or lower. if youre unlucky and die when a new wave begins to count down, you have to wait the full time of X until you respawn.

About question 2, I dont know the answer, but I guess that it may depend on the player's slot number.
In normal DM, you always need to wait X until you respawn. Could be easily tested although its not really of importance.

Leo Da Lunerfox
April 25, 2005, 2:20 am
GD is correct, as for the second question, your player will always be in front, while on the other player's screen, their's will always be in front.

mickle89
April 25, 2005, 5:09 am
ok, thanks

grand_diablo
April 25, 2005, 8:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxGD is correct, as for the second question, your player will always be in front, while on the other player's screen, their's will always be in front.

yes, but what if 2 other players "collide" on one's screen? :p

Deleted User
April 25, 2005, 8:51 pm
why not ask MM.. (or not care :D )

Deleted User
April 26, 2005, 5:38 pm
Perhaps it has to do with the colour of the char.. the clearest i shown.. i guess...
Nah, i dunno..

EndertheXenocide
April 27, 2005, 4:46 pm
^^^^Does anyone actually understand what he just wrote? I've read it 3 times and still don't understand it.
*Back on Subject*

But I am going to completely agree with GD. And on which player is in front. GD is probably right on the number slot of that player. But once again as everyone else has mention, "guess I really never thought about it."

Teh Panda
April 27, 2005, 5:17 pm
No, it isnt always in front. It depends on player number. Cant remember how, but it has been tested with couple of my friends loooong time ago.