( search forums )
Soldat drug trap
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
mickle89
April 25, 2005, 5:16 am
I have figured Soldat is a drug trap.

Point No.1 - Soldat is addictive!
Point No.2 - Soldat makes me tired!

I play soldat a lot because its addictive and it also makes me tired and then i get too tired to play soldat and i must play coz its addictive. Slowly and slowly i'm becoming crapper at soldat coz im too tired to chase and shoot someone. So yeah, I'm slowly getting crapper at it because of those two points above.

Elemental
April 25, 2005, 5:30 am
Uhuh....I suggest sleep more hours than you play soldat per day!

reckon
April 25, 2005, 6:42 am
I generally play soldat for only 2 hours a day, in 30 minute intervals.
Keeps my hands from gettin too tired and allows me to concetrate on other aspects in my day to day routine.

m00`
April 25, 2005, 7:31 am
soldat is not addicting, I am actually trying to play but cant coz its so boring

Deleted User
April 25, 2005, 7:38 am
soldat, one must say, is VERY addicting.. I can't help it, getting up at night.. you know, just gotta get like 30 kills.. ok, 20 atleast.. just can't help it..
And whenever you lose, you start shaking and all.. what a bad rush..

Green Barret
April 25, 2005, 7:58 am
Nearly all games are addictive... it's not only Soldat. However, i must say Soldat is more addictive in some ways, especially because its so easy to start and play.

Liber_Lupus
April 25, 2005, 10:02 am
I dont really care about Soldat now..too boring. The weather is getting warmer too, enough of this game.

m00`
April 25, 2005, 10:06 am
i dont like how people say its addictive i mean soldat is not an mmorpg (those are really addictive) you dont HAVE to get up at night to play soldat and get 30 kills, its not THAT addictive, i mean seriously!

Jap_man
April 25, 2005, 10:09 am
Well, sometimes it depends on many aspects.
For example if I have alot of spare time, I could sub-consiously play soldat for about an hour or so but if I have homework, or if there's something on TV I want to watch or something, then I could only play soldat for only a few minutes before closing soldat.

Deleted User
April 25, 2005, 12:16 pm
dude.. u make alot of topics latly.. and YES soldat is addictive
;)

ThaD
April 25, 2005, 2:13 pm
It used to be addictive, now it's quite boring

dadarkman
April 25, 2005, 3:12 pm
I mostly play soldat, even if i have games like bia, hl2 & nfsu2
I rather play soldat than i watch tv
and most of the time i dont do homework because of soldat.
Am i addictive?

papasurf31
April 25, 2005, 3:23 pm
The only way soldat stays mildly interesting is with mods and maps and new stuff. I play for maybe a month fter a new release, and then just make mods when I have free time. mostly, it's like a last resort. the forums on the other hand...teh FUN

?
April 25, 2005, 10:31 pm
It used to be addicting, then I only played private games.. now that Chakra is gone no one wants to play :(

Deleted User
April 26, 2005, 12:32 am
play sports peoples

Michal
April 26, 2005, 1:51 am
It seems like the people who have been playing Soldat for a while are bored of it. The same applies to me, I'm bored of the same old maps and every server being pretty much the same.

The Solution: Play in good custom maps, try different gamemodes (advanced, survival, realistic), try different settings like knife only or something.

I can't play another regular CTF game in B2B or Run without getting really bored, but I can spend hours in a custom maps server. It's not the game you're bored of, it's the servers.

AerialAssault
April 26, 2005, 3:23 am
I went for quite a long time without playing from like december 2004 until late march 2005 when i started playing it more. i will still play it occasionally on regular public servers and i still have fun.

Felix
April 26, 2005, 5:49 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultI went for quite a long time without playing from like december 2004 until late march 2005 when i started playing it more. i will still play it occasionally on regular public servers and i still have fun.

It's exactly what we must to do, keep the fun like this.

Deleted User
April 26, 2005, 7:57 am
it would be boring mabe if I had no clan and sucked at soldat... but I just got in a new clan and its exiting atm ^^

DT
April 26, 2005, 3:25 pm
i've played to many games to get addicted now...

Games = 483
Tolerence level =864
Soldat adictivness = 543

Mini Man
April 26, 2005, 4:36 pm
Hmmm, i dont find soldat too addictive but i find Cw's very addictive :D
Good news ppl!! One hour till The Clan gets a 100mb server! :D

Happy Camper
April 26, 2005, 9:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by Liber_LupusI dont really care about Soldat now..too boring. The weather is getting warmer too, enough of this game.

quote:Originally posted by m00` soldat is not addicting, I am actually trying to play but cant coz its so boring

Then why do you all still [IMAGE]ing hang around if its so boring?

i'd rather have people here that actually like the game as much as i do, i've been playing for roughly 2 years(give or take) and i still find this game wildly addictive, every game is different, and every game uniqe.

Yall think its boring, then [IMAGE] off, we dont need your negative attitudes(tword the game).

Maybe some of you think this is harsh, but this is THE funnest game i have EVER played, in my entire life, and i am 17 years old, and a very active gamer, yes i have left the game twice, for MMORPGs, but i always come back, for the game play, and the PEOPLE, no mmorpg could ever out do this game.

[IMAGE] You Too.

m00`
April 27, 2005, 8:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Happy Camperquote:Originally posted by Liber_LupusI dont really care about Soldat now..too boring. The weather is getting warmer too, enough of this game.

quote:Originally posted by m00` soldat is not addicting, I am actually trying to play but cant coz its so boring

Then why do you all still [IMAGE]ing hang around if its so boring?

i'd rather have people here that actually like the game as much as i do, i've been playing for roughly 2 years(give or take) and i still find this game wildly addictive, every game is different, and every game uniqe.

Yall think its boring, then [IMAGE] off, we dont need your negative attitudes(tword the game).

Maybe some of you think this is harsh, but this is THE funnest game i have EVER played, in my entire life, and i am 17 years old, and a very active gamer, yes i have left the game twice, for MMORPGs, but i always come back, for the game play, and the PEOPLE, no mmorpg could ever out do this game.

[IMAGE] You Too.

happy camper you do realise a lot of people in this forum dont play soldat very much right? i still stick around because this forum is fun, you dont see me posting about soldat very much, mabe making a suggestion here and there, but thats all, im mostly posting in the bash pit/lounge and i go on irc to chat with some people on this forum :o

b00stA
April 27, 2005, 3:31 pm
Happy Camper, calm down.
Or am I supposed to **** off too?

EndertheXenocide
April 27, 2005, 4:40 pm
Apparently I am the only one who agrees with Happy Camper. I suppose that if I didn't play soldat anymore, or roughly not at all. I wouldn't post on the forums or hang around here. I beleive that Happy has a point, but then yes he is wrong at the same time. People like bOOstA and the other moderators are a great thing to have on these forums. They help the players, that have questions and comments, out. But yet, I haven't been a very big forums kind of guy either. Maybe some of you guys that don't play as much as you check the forums, just like to input your words into the subject? I don't know. Yet, more or less, I am agreeing with Happy. Just not completely.

ThaD
April 27, 2005, 7:11 pm
many people don't play anymore but that doesn't mean they can't be a part of this community, some people should realise this fact

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 6:49 am
i come to the forums like every two days, but only play soldat once a week for many reaseons. the main reasons are:-
-people dont talk online, what happend to our close communtiy
-noobs, they annoy me so much
-fixing the game and expressing my ideas are more worth while then a multi kill online

Captain Ben
April 30, 2005, 7:48 am
For me, it's fun for a while, then once I get tired of playing, I mod the game for a bit (My m79 is a trombone) and then I'll play it to test it, realising how much fun it is... and then I'll talk about irrelevant stuff on the forums.

Pathos
May 12, 2005, 3:54 am
I've played ~2hrs a day for 14 months against bots because I don't have a decent internet connection.
Soldat is a drug.
normal games don't do this to you.

Keron Cyst
May 12, 2005, 5:55 am
As in, dial-up? I know some players who've fragged well on dial-up :-) Soldat has taken me over in playing time (more than all other games I've ever played combined so far), but I still have spent more time modding SS2 :-P Of course, I plan on modding Soldat more...

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 6:46 am
I think the Sodlat Forums are more addicting than the actual game

happycamper you need to calm down you sound like don vito

im gonig ot not play soldat as much via the weather getting better (even though its raining as we speak) and i can skate now.

dial-up is not an excuse i have dial up and i kick ass (most of the time)

Marbire
May 12, 2005, 6:58 am
For me........ saying soldat is "addicting" is an understatement.

Felix
May 12, 2005, 6:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Cleric Achilles

happycamper you need to calm down you sound like don vito

no, AL Pacino in Scarface...

Captain Ben
May 12, 2005, 9:16 am
Maybe even a fired uo Ali G...
But true, the forums are adicting as well.

Avarax
May 12, 2005, 9:54 am
mickle89 really needs a ban for starting threads like this not starting in the bash pit anylonger, but also in this "real" forums :/

.alex.oner.
May 12, 2005, 10:51 am
eh, im pretty addicted to soldat, but when i 1st played this, i couldent get enough of it!! i was heavily addicted indeed..

Will
May 12, 2005, 11:43 am
i have been playing soldat since the beginning, i dont have the intenet so i have been playing with bots for most of that time, i have played online a couple of times though, like at my friends, cousins etc. and i have never got bored, sure i stopped playing for about 2 weeks do work on a flash, but i always return, its like soldat becomes your child, crying at you to play it. If you dont play it, it dies. that statement also applies to your addiction to soldat, if you dont feed that it will die.
Hopefully this wont apply to Liero.

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 5:59 am
very...ummm...disturbing analogy

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 1:19 pm
but true :D

Hoodlum
May 14, 2005, 2:35 pm
Its not addictive.. I mean you need to get out more dude.

Deleted User
May 14, 2005, 4:19 pm
fresh air is overrated :P

crazymonkey
May 14, 2005, 4:35 pm
Soldat is a drug trap only for the weak minded.

Iowa.
May 14, 2005, 5:00 pm
Use to play. It was fun for the while. I mean, you see all the amazing games that are coming out now, such as Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source, and you wonder why am I even playing this? Sure, the game is free, and unique, but still...

I personally like play RPG's and MMORPG. Those I actually have a goal, and I can change what I want, when I want. (How they look, what my goal is, etc.)

But, this is just all my opinion.

Will
May 14, 2005, 6:41 pm
Iowa, if that is the case then why are you bothering to post on these forums at all?

And yes, Psycho, i do believe fresh air is overrated.

Iowa.
May 14, 2005, 6:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by WillIowa, if that is the case then why are you bothering to post on these forums at all?

And yes, Psycho, i do believe fresh air is overrated.

Because I still want to be involved in the community, this game is one of the easiest to make mods for, and I love making mods and such.

Deleted User
May 14, 2005, 7:49 pm
just cause someone doesnt like to play the game as much as the other person is no reason to shun them from the soldat community.

when i get a better computer ill be right beside Iowa and be playing all the Valve games. I will still play Sodlat just not as much more of a social thing.

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 8:57 pm
I'll die in grand pain if for some insane reason, i couldn't play soldat!