( search forums )
Questions about modding
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Deleted User
April 25, 2005, 10:54 pm
I've got a big interest in soldat, and i was just curious to know how modding works. I have a few questions about mods. First, do mods just affect how everything looks, or can you edit the speed and power of guns? What is a Gostek? are mods enabled and disabled at will? do you have to be registered to use them.... oh, i have so many questions...

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 26, 2005, 3:14 am
http://soldatforums.com/forum.asp?forum_id=58

Try this my friend. If you have anymore questions just ask(after you read the faqs).

Sam
April 27, 2005, 5:20 pm
Basically, mods just edit the gfx (graphics) and sfx (sounds) no additional coding, edited physics or anything can be done apart from editing the animations which makes your game unable to play online.

To start making your own mod simply open up your soldat folder and edit the graphics, thats it.

When it comes to how to install mods i usually just keep a zip file of every mod and a zip file of the original graphics and sounds. When i want to change mods i unzip the original stuff into the soldat folder then the mod i want. Although some people use the mod changer although i cant seem to get it to work.