( search forums )
North by North Quahog.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
reckon
April 26, 2005, 4:04 am
Oooooooooooh man, the premiere episode of the new family guy is hands down the funniest thing ive seen in a while.
And Ive seen some funny things, believe you me.

Deleted User
April 26, 2005, 4:07 am
Can't wait.

The Geologist
April 26, 2005, 4:07 am
If you spoil this you suck. If you've seen something keep your mouth shut.

peemonkey
April 26, 2005, 4:17 am
man, they shutdown carton-fridge. some other lame fecks took over the forums to, and i was the only one who seemed to care. which is better, family guy, or mcgyver?? (seriously.)

FliesLikeABrick
April 26, 2005, 4:30 am
quote:Originally posted by SwazoCan't wait.

it got leaked out on the internets, don't have to look hard to find it

reckon
April 26, 2005, 4:33 am
Yeah I found it through a torrent site, its not hard to find at all.

n00bface
April 26, 2005, 5:29 am
if you guys substitute watching it on television for downloading it via torrent, then they will cancel the show like they did last time.

FliesLikeABrick
April 26, 2005, 6:33 am
n00bface does have a point, although worded backwards

The Geologist
April 26, 2005, 6:34 am
So watch the show when it comes out and don't rip them off via torrent sites.

n00bface
April 26, 2005, 6:39 am
yes i meant it the other way around. i just woke up.

i mean went to sleep then woke back up

Vijchtidoodah
April 26, 2005, 6:41 am
People who ropped off the show got what they deserved: bad quality fuzz that they had to wait in line to download.

peemonkey
April 26, 2005, 6:42 am
yea. perhaps i should get a new TV (i gave it away today)
1:14 till by birday :D

reckon
April 26, 2005, 7:06 am
Bad quality fuzz?
Mine is near dvd quality.
As for ripping them off, its someone elses fault for leaking it to the net.
Oh and as for the show being cancelled in the first place, that was soley due to the risque jokes, fox couldnt take a chance so they dropped it. After the success on adult swim, and now that we're more open to raunchy humor, they decided to bring it back

The Geologist
April 26, 2005, 7:13 am
To which you give a cause by downloading and supporting their ropping off.

Edit: The jokes weren't the sole reason for the show being cancled. Fox killed it. They moved it around between time slots and never gave it a chance as well. Bloody morons.

reckon
April 26, 2005, 7:29 am
Im not ripping anyone off here.
I just had an oppurtunity to see it before the others.
Like seeing ong-bak before it hit the states, I still paid to see that movie three times.
Im still gonna watch it on the first, im still gonna support the dvd's when they come out. Hell Ive purchased the others.

Captain Ben
April 26, 2005, 8:32 am
But then why'd you watch it on Torrent? If you love the show so much, then why steal?
I mean, ropping off ratings from the channels...

b00stA
April 26, 2005, 3:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by reckonIm still gonna watch it on the first, im still gonna support the dvd's when they come out.

quote:Originally posted by Captain BenIf you love the show so much, then why steal?

Anyway, there was an online petition to bring back Family Guy. It was so successful that it actually worked, unlike other petitions.

Family Guy rocks

reckon
April 26, 2005, 4:43 pm
Oh hey ben I see you didnt read the last sentence in my post.

enjoyincubus
April 26, 2005, 10:48 pm
Lovely how, at least around my region, it became wildly popular AFTER its removal from Fox.

The same principle underlying the musical successes of Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, Jeff Buckley, Dimebag Darrell, Tupac Shakur, B.I.G., Elliot Smith, etc. Granted, the guys were already successes, but the abrupt endings to their careers added to their marketability.

Kill yourself or die a strange death, and people will love you that much more! Something stimulating about listening to music/watching shows from mysterious 'gone-out-for-a-break' entities.