( search forums )
easier taunt
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
April 26, 2005, 7:32 am
I dont like that the taunt button is Alt... I keep pressing the windows button and minimizing the game. I think it you should be able to select yourself where u want the taunt button...
:)

Elemental
April 26, 2005, 8:42 pm
I haven't had this problem before, but I guess it's a valid point

Keron Cyst
April 26, 2005, 9:00 pm
I don't have a problem with it, but just for kicks, you should be able to customize the taunt shortcut key to whatever you want under the Players tab, just like the other buttons.

Michal
April 26, 2005, 9:05 pm
Sure, why not. I would like this.

lastpatriot
April 26, 2005, 9:45 pm
I don't have the problem, but it may affect other computers. You have my support.

Deleted User
April 26, 2005, 9:47 pm
thx for positive replys.. perhaps its just on my keyboard that the windows buttn is in the way.. well.. im sure someone out there, forum member or not, has the same prob as me ;)

Futile
April 26, 2005, 10:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psycho[...] I think it you should be able to select yourself where u want the taunt button...
:)

Definetly.

zyxstand
April 26, 2005, 11:11 pm
yea - and you'd be able to type the messages right in a text box in program itself so that you don't have to do it outside the game............

Deleted User
April 27, 2005, 1:07 am
yea i have had the problem of hitting the windows key also

it would be really nice if you could change all of the keys such as demo, screenshot, and scoreboard.

SPARTAN_III
April 27, 2005, 2:43 am
yes i agree alt is a bit fiddly with windows key...then again i disabled the windows key with a reg. crack so i dont really need to worry

Gen0cide
April 27, 2005, 3:28 am
I would like advanced button editing in the setup program.
Like screenshot,taunt,demo ect

Deleted User
April 27, 2005, 11:25 am
yes.. this should be editable..

Deleted User
April 27, 2005, 11:35 am
I don't have this problem, but, I give my support to it.

Yukwunhang
April 27, 2005, 2:19 pm
Left Shift will be the best button for the taunt IMO.

Deleted User
April 27, 2005, 2:38 pm
Pfft..Stop being lazy and type your taunts

Keron Cyst
April 27, 2005, 3:48 pm
There should also be a Text Cancel button which removes anything you're typing instantly. I hate having to type something, almost finish, see a soldat approaching me, and hold Backspace, finishing when I'm already under fire :(

Sam
April 27, 2005, 4:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThere should also be a Text Cancel button which removes anything you're typing instantly. I hate having to type something, almost finish, see a soldat approaching me, and hold Backspace, finishing when I'm already under fire :(

Have a taunt with nothing in it?

I give my support fully, although i never really have this problem. I think the best replacement would be right alt, because i can reach all the keys without having to take my hand off the mouse. Left shift is too far left.

Deleted User
April 27, 2005, 4:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThere should also be a Text Cancel button which removes anything you're typing instantly. I hate having to type something, almost finish, see a soldat approaching me, and hold Backspace, finishing when I'm already under fire :(

Keron.. just press the fire button and the text box goes away immediatly.. and I would also like the taunt button to be left shift.

Sam
April 27, 2005, 5:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psychoquote:Originally posted by Keron CystThere should also be a Text Cancel button which removes anything you're typing instantly. I hate having to type something, almost finish, see a soldat approaching me, and hold Backspace, finishing when I'm already under fire :(

Keron.. just press the fire button and the text box goes away immediatly.. and I would also like the taunt button to be left shift.

Yes, but then the next time you come to type something you press your chat button and the text you were previously typing appears again. Also, maybe you are holding a weapon like barrett or M79 and pressing fire would waste alot of time.

DeMonIc
April 27, 2005, 5:37 pm
Make it customizable. Please.

Deleted User
April 27, 2005, 7:33 pm
ok I will... :P

Valcorr
April 27, 2005, 8:07 pm
Yall could just grab a knife and pop the key out, if your ghetto like me :P

Deleted User
April 28, 2005, 4:46 am
haha *pops key out* "AHHHHHH" *cuts finger*

Deleted User
April 28, 2005, 11:40 am
quote:Originally posted by ValcorrYall could just grab a knife and pop the key out, if your ghetto like me :P

I actually did that.. but I still think alt button lies uncomfortable