( search forums )
AK Tips!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Artaures
April 27, 2005, 7:31 pm
I use the m79 waaaayy too much, and it seems that the ak is the secret pwneg gun. Any tips?

Deleted User
April 27, 2005, 7:38 pm
Aim towards the person you want to kill an click fire.

Artaures
April 27, 2005, 7:44 pm
Thanks?

peemonkey
April 27, 2005, 7:52 pm
that's actually all you really need. but to be a little more helpful:
it's great for chasing someone. always aim for head
try to avoid vertical fights, the ak isnt the best for this.
i call it the 'flagger fragger', great for taking down people reletively quickly while still having a large clip.
dont be afraid to reload often

Judge_Man
April 27, 2005, 8:16 pm
Tip: don't use it or you'll get called a noob/whore/etc.

M79 is a lot more fun.

Deleted User
April 27, 2005, 8:33 pm
step 1 learn to hit your target like 80% of all shots
step 2 learn ues nades untill you can kill 3 enemys with 4 nades
step 3 learn to find out good positions for AK
step 4 learn movement with ak and aming well same time
step 5 learn to use nades + AK same time (untill mastering that you will be one of the best)*
step 6 learn shooting nade whoring and great dodging same time
step 7 start prediktin where your enemys are moving or calculate it and learn to make good blind shots with out seeing them (some one call this spraing I call it game reading sense)
step 8 train your self for being killing machine (DO NOT MAKE MISTAKES!)
step 9 be THE AK whore! (final step!)

well those steps aren't maybe on right method (and someone don't maybe like me training tips :))
Remember next: Meny people call "blind shooting" spraing well I think spraing is just blind shooting with out any sense.
I think you should try to learn game reading sense (I mean calculating enemys position many people thinks there aren't suck think and say that is spraing or just pure luck.)

Learning all this crap I think it takes 2 - 16 mouth

*that means you can use both thinks very effectively

lastpatriot
April 27, 2005, 8:40 pm
It's a powerful weapon, and you can easily whip a minigunner, minimi-er, and maybe an MP5 user. But for an auto, it doesn't bink well, so don't go up against a Barreter.

papasurf31
April 27, 2005, 9:32 pm
In realistic, shoot by rapidly pressing the button, don't hold it down. This will decrease recoil immensely. This actually applies to all autos. also, try to keep the cursor close to you as possible. The farther it is away from you, the more recoil there is. At point blak range, there's no recoil at all. OMG!! Use sniper line, and fire in bursts, make your cursor something clearly visible even when shrunken (I suggest a big white dot). Ownage.

grand_diablo
April 27, 2005, 11:36 pm
just spray :X

vash763
April 27, 2005, 11:53 pm
i luv the ak, its great in bursts, get good with nades to, and it works good w/ the LAW, cus it reloads fairly quickly

Keron Cyst
April 28, 2005, 1:04 am
You just need to be really accurate with player movement & know in & out how much your soldat's inertia affects its bullets' pathways, since its ROF is the lowest of all the autos. I preferably like the Steyr AUG better since it empties out its clip a bit faster, is a tad more accurate, and reloads faster, but that's just me.

?
April 28, 2005, 1:06 am
Ak and m79 are the funnest guns, abnd thats what its really about fun,
tip: have fun, you will learn more that way :D

Deleted User
April 28, 2005, 1:44 am
AK is probably best for support or long-range fire, but that's my preference. Try to stick to small bursts of fire and out-maneuvering your enemy when you use the AK.

Lt. Sneezy
April 28, 2005, 1:53 am
The time in between shots with the AK is perfect, I find. It gives you just enough time to adjust your aim, so you can almost always hit, whether someone is moving or not.

Hanz
April 28, 2005, 2:52 am
The best thing about the AK is the ability to spray into a battle in more often than not, kill two or three people. I really don't care if people say "your spraying you nub!", it doesn't matter, they are dead and you have one more kill, no hair off my nuts really.

Don't be afraid of any weapon when using the AK, if accurate, you will destroy any opponent, unless you are POINT BLANK in which you should try and move back.

All in all, the AK is amazing and is my favorite auto, call it over-powered, I call you dodging-challenged...

LazehBoi
April 28, 2005, 3:57 am
Don't let go of the fire button. Ever.

April 28, 2005, 10:28 am
I find the ak bad for chasing people; the aug is better for that job.

3rd_account
April 28, 2005, 11:45 am
Guys, don't use AK. You're ruining Soldat for all non-lamers.

lastpatriot
April 28, 2005, 11:53 am
Don't you mean, "Barret"? The AK still needs 6 body shots, and 4 head shots to kill a guy. He can move. And it has the slowest rate of fire of all autos, which was said before.

April 28, 2005, 2:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by 3rd_accountGuys, don't use AK. You're ruining Soldat for all non-lamers.

Nice job fagging the thread up.

Da cHeeSeMaN
April 28, 2005, 6:03 pm
just shoot in the general direction...and hope...maybe

Deleted User
April 28, 2005, 6:18 pm
spray n' pray.. just keep ur finger on the button and run after the person while aiming at him.. mabe u will hit enough times from the 40 bullets in the mag.

Deleted User
April 28, 2005, 7:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by StickyI find the ak bad for chasing people; the aug is better for that job.

most definetly agree with Sticky. i use the aug when i chasing after the flag carrier(CTF). the AK is more a first assualt weapon in my opinion

ráz0r
April 28, 2005, 8:57 pm
Agay 47 tbh.

?
April 28, 2005, 10:02 pm
Ak is pretty good for defense also, that and LAW can guard a base pretty well.

Psyker
April 29, 2005, 2:42 am
half of these posts are so worthless, sigh

anyway, if you're looking to pursue mastery with the ak, i hope you have patience, because its easy to use and hard to master - just remembe that the ROF is very, very slow and you're going to have to use nades and learn how to trail the target properly (wouldn't help to have a really good secondary too)

SPARTAN_III
April 29, 2005, 5:55 am
ah the AK. one of the best guns IMO. i love kalashnikovs.

ok then:

if alone and theres decent cover, reload. because it reloads long enough for you to want, need a full clip all the time.

always give head(shot) this will drastically decrease number of shots needed to kill.

and always remember, LAW is your friend when using AK. socom works well too

keep in mind the AK has the most single-shot power of all the autos

Keron Cyst
April 29, 2005, 3:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III
... keep in mind the AK has the most single-shot power of all the autos
And the same RoF of the FN Minimi :P The 'LAW's pretty much good for all autos, except the 'Mini' (due to its high reload rate).

lastpatriot
April 29, 2005, 10:56 pm
Oh yeah, I know this is done for every weapon, but MOVE. If you stay still, the low Rate of Fire of the Automat Kalashnikov will kill you.

hypno
April 30, 2005, 1:26 am
shootings a good tip try it

Dustfiend
April 30, 2005, 5:42 am
just because the ak has a good clip size doesnt mean you should blow off half a clip on one guy. use the clip size for multiple targets.

knife works well with this gun because the gun is already excellent long- mid range, so having a knife will fill in for the close range.

changing your smudge color to green and ak bullet color to green in weapon-gfx( so its bullets are transparent ) is fun.

Jonih
April 30, 2005, 10:23 am
Ak is good only in voland and b2b cause of long range and accurate.

B2b: Ak or Steyr
Kampf: Deagles or Spas
Laos: Deagles or Ruger
Run: All?
Viet: Deagles or Steyr
Voland: Ak or Steyr

Aquarius
April 30, 2005, 11:04 am
Ultimate AK tips & tricks!

tip 1: Hold the fire button
tip 2: Run in the direction of the enemy base
tip 3: Pretend that spraying is not ugly gamestyle

That's all you need to know with autos, except Minigun.

Spectral
April 30, 2005, 4:57 pm
keep aiming for the head

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 9:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwazoAim towards the person you want to kill an click fire.

Bestest strategy ever. Everyone in the movies do it. Seriously.

SPARTAN_III
May 6, 2005, 3:42 pm
movies? lmao

anyway......

use a good MOD! a good AK mod can give you...ehhmmm...psychological advantages. may sound crazy but i know this n00b (not a member here), he changed to using AK just because its a plasma rifle in the halo mod (shivorken's).

also mod bullets to be tracer rounds (easily visible on all maps). red is good color

y the hell would we want transparent bullets?

practice tips:

start with black soldats (/addbot * to spawn) they are a glitch bot that doesnot move
then move on to normal boogieman(s) since they are easy to kill
then normal commando for a combat simulation
then impossible commando for good measure

and then.....drumroll......go find a server and test your ultra pwnage

Outcast
May 6, 2005, 6:59 pm
[IMAGE] that, real men play with no sound and default soldat and still kick ass. Plus, minimi does everything better, and has a larger clip. But it's a bit lame so i wen't to the aug. I'm still getting called a sprayer but hell, some people just don't know what spraying is.

Btw, always try to be in the air and keep an elevated position. See where you can jump high. And stay up there. Use nades carefully :)

Serpent_
May 6, 2005, 7:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwazoAim towards the person you want to kill an click fire.
Quoted for truth.

SPARTAN_III
May 9, 2005, 3:59 pm
outcast, are you saying that a guy who uses a mod is not a real man? come off it. a mod does nothing except change it to make it look nicer. no sounds? i like to hear a gun firing myself. it gets the adrenalin flowing

Outcast
May 9, 2005, 6:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIoutcast, are you saying that a guy who uses a mod is not a real man? come off it. a mod does nothing except change it to make it look nicer. no sounds? i like to hear a gun firing myself. it gets the adrenalin flowing

Hell yeah, real soldat is rugged and manly. Mods only make it look girly. And sometimes it makes it lame by improving certian aspects of the game, which i call cheating. And gun firing is only a distraction, it's needless for anything, plus knowing where others are via sound is stupid. Just look around and use your brains, look at taunts.
I have spoken.

that fuking sniper
May 10, 2005, 12:55 am
Shut up, Outy :P
Just because I'm in touch with my feminine side and I listen to metal while Soldatting does not make me womanish. *Runs and cries like a molested schoolgirl*

SPARTAN_III
May 10, 2005, 2:33 am
*agrees with that fuking sniper*

mods can look 100x better than normal. take the CS mod, or mecha for example

Outcast
May 10, 2005, 7:34 pm
I didn't say music is needless, i said sound is :p....allthough music is sound but i didn't mean it that way :p
No spartan, us real men like the rugged looks of the default soldat best.

lastpatriot
May 10, 2005, 8:21 pm
I like default because the other mods I downloaded infected me, and screwed up the Soldat client. I had to reinstall twice.

vegkl
May 16, 2005, 8:48 pm
don't spray. Shoot about 2 accurate shots every secound, and you will own.

SPARTAN_III
May 17, 2005, 5:48 am
agreed, never waste one clip in one burst. bullets are far too precious. but if the guy is in your face, hold it down and dont let go

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 8:52 pm
i agree with Swazo... Man, learn it suckers..! No school overgoe's experience....

You lame sons of (Please refrain from swearing)es!!!

Jamesmax0
May 25, 2005, 11:34 pm
first tip: dont suck
second tip: Find YOUR pwning gun.

Raptor
May 26, 2005, 1:28 pm
Shot 2 bullets per second...

SPARTAN_III
May 28, 2005, 2:51 am
i normaly prefer 3, but thats my choice.

papaurfs multiclick method works well, since you should be able to click as fast as thhe AK can load

but it gives you carpal tunnel syndrome.

Deleted User
May 28, 2005, 12:50 pm
AK tip : *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* ...

...now serious : noreal = spray
real = spray in 2-3 shots ...

Deleted User
June 1, 2005, 9:11 am
As AK-74 is my favourite weapon, I have developed a certain tactic with the aiming... I position the crosshair BEHIND the target, that makes the "sniper line" cross the victim and helps "calculating" the angle you need to fire at.
Also, flying in midair, crouching increases your accuracy and gives your enemy a smaller target to aim on.