( search forums )
SWAT vs Terrorist mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
XWhyX
April 27, 2005, 11:54 pm
I came up with a mode for soldat called SWAT vs Terrorists. Me and some friends play it all the time. It's great. We're still working on the rules a little. We were wondering if you could maybe make it a mode sometime. Or if we could get, say, 1000 people to sign a petition for you to make this a mode on soldat. Here are the rules: :: Swat Vs. Terrorists ::

--Game Rules--

Game Style: CTF
Survival Mode: Off
Maps: CTF Maps
Realistic Mode: On
Advance Mode: Off
Maximum Grenades: 2
Bonuses: Off
Friendly Fire: On
Bullet Time: Off
Player Indicator: On
Sniper Line: On
Respawn Time: 1000 Seconds

- Terrorists holds the hostage hostage; SWAT tries to rescue the hostage. This changes as the hostage team alternates every round.

- At the beginning, no one moves until the hostage is placed where the Terrorists want him.

- The hostage most follow

- After the Terrorists have recieved their hostage the game may begin. The objective is for the SWAT to rescue the hostage without shooting him.

- The hostage must stand still in the place the Terrorists have told him to
stand at.

- The terrorists may hide behind him while shooting the SWAT.

- If the SWAT shoots the hostage, the terrorists win.

- If the Terrorist shoot the hostage, the SWAT wins.

- If the Terrorists are not around the hostage, the SWAT can tag him and he can run. The only possible way to get him back is for the Terrorists to tag him. Then the hostage must follow him.

- The hostage is on the Yellow team for the Red team and Green team for the Blue team.

- The hostage must first grab the flag of the opposite team of the team he's being hostage for.

- When tagged, the hostage follows his teamate to their home flag. When green team scores a point (flag capture), the game finishes and a new round begins.
- If battle engages at this point, the hostage must stop moving. The victor of the battle takes control of the hostage.

- The hostage cannot fire or throw grenades under any circumstances.

Like I said before, we're still working on the rules to try and make it as good as possible.

lastpatriot
April 28, 2005, 9:03 pm
It's a good idea, but, I'll be honest with you, when you make or suggest a CS style game mode, you will get flamed.

Deleted User
April 28, 2005, 9:14 pm
this is not EXACTLY cs.. sounds fun, but how can the terrorist tag the hostage while hes running and jetting like crazy? or u mean like shoot him once?

XWhyX
April 28, 2005, 10:29 pm
Well, I've caught a run away hostage when I was a terrorist before. :P Some times it's not that hard, and no I don't mean shooting him, I mean touching him.

Deleted User
April 28, 2005, 10:48 pm
well.. that seems very hard. Im not guessing many ppl could tag me if I was hostage and running...

XWhyX
April 28, 2005, 10:50 pm
Well, I'll say this. Those terrorists aren't very good terrorists if they walked off from the hostage. They should be gaurding you.

Deleted User
April 28, 2005, 11:39 pm
well it shouldn't be a hostage but some kinda object, like those black soldat glitch when this black soldier appears and he doesn't move. it would not move cus that would be kinda gay. i like this idea even though its like cs

XWhyX
April 29, 2005, 12:59 am
Yea, those black soldier guys that appear.. That would be an example of how the hostage should act.. until he is tagged however.

Rhombus
April 29, 2005, 6:55 am
since when are there 4 teams on ctf? u should make it team deathmatch...

Captain Ben
April 29, 2005, 12:15 pm
How about an EMP burst? That could be a way of tagging them.

XWhyX
April 30, 2005, 12:17 am
Obviously, Rhombus, you don't know how to play team match games on a ctf map.

KnOt
April 30, 2005, 12:58 am
It's a bit like infiltration, only harder, and more fun I suppose.. I love realistic mode inf, with FF on.. I'd deffinately love this :Q

XWhyX
April 30, 2005, 3:58 am
;o its fun.

Green Barret
April 30, 2005, 5:10 am
Sounds ok, but there are problems in this mode that would give the terrorists too much of an advantage. There are reasons why the Hostage Rescue mode is not used in the offical Counter Strike League.

The terrorists can camp all day, using 1 shot 1 kill weapons(AWP in CS, Barret or M79 in Soldat) to guard all exits, making it near impossible to enter the area where the hostage is. This would happen if this mode is put into Soldat too.

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 5:45 am
Wouldnt it better with survival mode ON ???
anyway I like it...because im playing something like this 2 weeks, it's like :
CTF , FF , REAL , SURVIVAL ...server names RS CTF ...

Captain Ben
April 30, 2005, 9:09 am
It'd be boring for the 'hostage'... Perhaps a bot instead?

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 9:10 am
even if i like this idea.. i think you should go and play swat4 or cs.

XWhyX
May 1, 2005, 4:35 am
For Green: Actually we played this 7 vs 7 with an extra hostage. It was pretty fair. The swat ended up getting the hostage back about 3 times. Terrorists won about 2. :P

For Ben: Some of us actually enjoyed being the hostage

For HHH: I already do. I like playing it on soldat though. :P

For Dairy: If you use survival, it doesnt show who killed who. We just rejoin if the game ends and someone wins. That's why we use 1000 sec.

Captain Ben
May 2, 2005, 6:31 am
quote:Originally posted by XWhyX
For Ben: Some of us actually enjoyed being the hostage.

You like it rough, eh? :P
Anyway, I didn't say what I meant. Some people seem determined to break game rules. What's stopping a randomly chosen hostage from not running away or causing trouble.

XWhyX
May 4, 2005, 10:51 pm
The Gun. XD
If they continue to keep disobeying BLAST THEIR BRAINS OUT!

Avarax
May 4, 2005, 11:21 pm
i want a mech mode!!!

giant uber mechs with giant uber rocket launchers and 1337 laser cannons!!!11!
[/posthunt]

hm...
as you see, this idea is too complicated for me ;Q

CardBoardWarrior
May 5, 2005, 12:49 am
this sounds like a pretty neat idea i guess id like to have it
only thing i wanna say is..
about this
If the Terrorist shoot the hostage, the SWAT wins.
well lol that of course is not true in real life i guess u gotta play it like that tho in soldat
anyway
good thinking

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 1:03 am
how about: when one of the teams are gonna set loose the hostage, can they like give him a socom or somthing? or is he just a running dude who will stand on one place for 90% of the time? then the job as hostage must be bOOring

CardBoardWarrior
May 5, 2005, 1:32 am
yeah tru dat..
maybe just a knife.

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 2:28 am
there was once something like this suggested. it was like a hostage mode where the hostage was being held and the SWAT team had like snipers out and the had to snipe the hostage taker out. but then there were terrorist everywhere and you woule be taken hostage too