( search forums )
Duel Mode! <---Lookzor!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Hanz
April 28, 2005, 4:06 am
I have never heard mention of this, but I think it's a cool idea. Duel mode would be 1 vs 1 in DM style. It would last for one round, the person that wins goes on the fight the next person in the player list. It would go in the order that you join the server. The person that wins is the person that gets the most kills...of course. The kill cound could be low for this mode.

Every round you would get all of your health back, nades, etc. The people that lose go into spectate mode until it is their turn, if you keep winning, you keep playing.

It is a simple concept but I think it would rock some faces, to tell you the truth I got the idea from Duel Mode in Jedi Knight 2. It would give map makers a chance to make some nice duel maps. It could also get interesting with realism on.

Well thats my two cents, lent me know what you all think, and please keep the flaming to a minimum...lol

lastpatriot
April 28, 2005, 9:03 pm
I like that. You can have duels in the game, but not like this.

Elemental
April 28, 2005, 9:06 pm
This would be great..especially if you're trying to see how well you play against other players in 1v1!

Deleted User
April 28, 2005, 9:11 pm
this is just like in some star wars game I played.. jedi academy I think

FliesLikeABrick
April 28, 2005, 9:13 pm
search as well:
Elephant hunter made a server-side mod which sets up duels in game. He did it by using the scripting capabilities of SARJ.
I'll talk to him about posting it on here, as im sure he tweaked it by now.

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=22526
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=22030

BManx2000
April 28, 2005, 9:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psychothis is just like in some star wars game I played.. jedi academy I think

I know for sure that Jedi Outcast hat this.

EndertheXenocide
April 28, 2005, 10:16 pm
Halo2 has a game mode sort of similar to this one. But instead of waiting for two people to fight through a whole round. They switch out for a player in Spectating side. Either was would be fun. But just set the kills to how ever many you want for a player to switch in for the one who lost. (does that make any sense?) Great idea.

kwanfei
April 29, 2005, 9:21 pm
i don't think dueling will fit soldat

Captain Ben
April 29, 2005, 10:34 pm
The winner should get a party hat!

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 7:08 am
when someone wins there should be a voice goin "WE HAVE A WEENER" in a asian accent

KnOt
April 30, 2005, 3:48 pm
Can't you just go to a passworded DM server with your friends, and make your own little tourny like that? Although I suppose it wouldn't be exactly the asme

Elemental
April 30, 2005, 3:57 pm
That kind of thing takes organizing, lazy people just wanna join a server, and duel :/
Although, most of the people dueling would not exactly be pro..

Marine
May 1, 2005, 1:23 am
This would be cool, but the problem is newbs would have a field day with this.

"OMG Y RNT I SPAWNENG??"

See, I'm willing to bet the majority of people would not want to have to sit around for 5+ minutes just watching.

Still, good idea.

Hanz
May 1, 2005, 4:28 am
It would be a break from the whole run around destroy everything aspect (Although I do enjoy it quite a bit). Sometimes it would be nice to have a good one on one with a series of people. This way people won't be asking to take you on 1 vs 1 all the time, I hate that. When people think they are better, and are worse than you, they always ask for a 1 vs 1! But thats a different topic. This idea would be nice and relaxing, also it would be good to see how other people play, kind of pick up on some strategies!

STEELIX
May 1, 2005, 11:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenThe winner should get a party hat!

Pirate hat!

LazehBoi
May 1, 2005, 11:59 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000quote:Originally posted by Psychothis is just like in some star wars game I played.. jedi academy I think

I know for sure that Jedi Outcast hat this.

Jedi Academy has it too. It owns so much.
I'd like it in, would be fun. :O