( search forums )
DirectX
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Yaibal-
April 28, 2005, 5:23 pm
Im using DirectX 9.0 and i get the "Error initializing 3d hardware".. so does soldat work with DirectX 9.0?

b00stA
April 28, 2005, 8:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Yaibal-so does soldat work with DirectX 9.0?
Yes it does.
What's the name of your graphic card?
Have you tried disabling anti-aliasing?

Yaibal-
April 29, 2005, 12:59 pm
I changed my graphic card recently its: Matrox Millennium 2.. its pretty old

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 3:38 am
That video card seems to only have 4 MB of video ram. That may not be enough for Soldat.

Keron Cyst
April 30, 2005, 5:07 pm
Ha! My video card is 3.5 MB (yes, there's actually a decimal there), and is the Intel Graphics Controller that came with my Windows ME!! B) Want to test a game's requirements? Send it to me XD

But see, it's when I disabled Anti-Aliasing through the Config (like b00stA said) when Soldat stopped having a FPS of -5 & played normally (seriously, they were just still images that changed every ~5 seconds or so) :P

Camo
May 4, 2005, 2:16 am
ARR...I'm new here and need some help. I havent played soldat in about 3 monthes now because it sais error initializing 3d hardware. Is it my video card? dx? I just need to know cause i need to play!!!

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 2:27 am
Camo, try this here: http://soldatforums.com/faq2.asp?cat=6#FAQid54

BManx2000
May 4, 2005, 2:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystHa! My video card is 3.5 MB (yes, there's actually a decimal there), and is the Intel Graphics Controller that came with my Windows ME!! B) Want to test a game's requirements? Send it to me XD

But see, it's when I disabled Anti-Aliasing through the Config (like b00stA said) when Soldat stopped having a FPS of -5 & played normally (seriously, they were just still images that changed every ~5 seconds or so) :P

Actually, from what I could glean from the Intel website, the Intel thingy steals some RAM and pretends it's video memory. But then again, I know nothing about video cards...

Camo
May 4, 2005, 3:04 am
I think it might be my video driver but when i went into properties, settings, advanced,adapter it showed that it didnt even detect a video driver...??? This may be a bigger problem then what you guys are used to and its alrigth if noone here knows what i need to do.