( search forums )
ANOTHER jet idea..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
XWhyX
April 28, 2005, 10:38 pm
I don't know if this has been suggested, but what if you could shoot peoples jets off? I mean make it a little hard but what if you could, and one would fall off and spark a little and it'd be harder flying for your enemy? And then if hey could find it and it wasn't sparking, he could pick it up.

The Geologist
April 29, 2005, 7:56 pm
What does this accomplish aside from slowing the game down and making things more frustrating?

peemonkey
April 29, 2005, 8:03 pm
i dont know why people keep wanting to disable people's abilities. just feggin kill them. the game's too fast for this

Deleted User
April 29, 2005, 8:09 pm
Maybe you could be able to drop your jets and kill someone with an explosion

Deleted User
April 29, 2005, 9:31 pm
lol cleric achilles

EndertheXenocide
April 29, 2005, 9:43 pm
Yeah, Soldat is really to fast paced for something like this. But say you did weaken the player where his jets wouldn't work? Then if he stole your flag he couldn't get away as fast. He would have to run as you can speed up faster with your jets. It is a pointless idea, but might have some sort of positive side. But by the time the player did loose his jet ability he would be dead.

BManx2000
April 29, 2005, 9:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cleric AchillesMaybe you could be able to drop your jets and kill someone with an explosion

Been playing stick soldiers, have you?

Captain Ben
April 29, 2005, 10:31 pm
If you're not sure of the consequences, put it in realistic :D

XWhyX
April 30, 2005, 12:19 am
Hey guys. Don't be so rough. :P It's just an idea! I thought it was pretty neat.

KnOt
April 30, 2005, 1:00 am
You call that rough, XWHYX ? .. You aint seen nothin yet..

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 7:06 am
GOD ROUGH thats nothing when i did my first post i was crucified, with a cross and everything.

Captain Ben
April 30, 2005, 9:07 am
I feel your pain. Though, it's retty stupid. Why aim at their feet when their whole body is in view?

dv297
May 3, 2005, 11:47 am
I guess some sucky player could acciedentally shoot off the other players jets. Then the sucky player has more of a chance!

idk...

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 1:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenI feel your pain. Though, it's retty stupid. Why aim at their feet when their whole body is in view?

when the enemy is above you, he has normally the advantage.. if u could shoot his jets off, he might loose a little control and it would be more balanced.

CardBoardWarrior
May 3, 2005, 11:09 pm
mmm no this seems like a pointless idea to me, cus if ur shooting someone most likely they are gonna die anyway

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 11:06 am
it would be cool, yes.. but i can't see the point.
people will just get tired of not being able to fly, and then we will only hear more complaints..

SPARTAN_III
May 4, 2005, 12:56 pm
let me think.....

me with AK
guy with weapon

I fire at his feet while he's directly above
i break his jets
he comes rocketing down yelling "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
i continue firing
he dies
his body falls on the ground
i corpse hump his body

but....maybe in real, it would kill someone, and you would use less bullets. it needs to be refined, but i think it might work. only for real mode tho

i am ahab
May 4, 2005, 2:17 pm
lol or if he lands near an explosion or a recently exploding nade his jet fuel catches fire and his burning corpse explodes into the sky o0

XWhyX
May 4, 2005, 10:49 pm
or you shoot the guys jet, shrapnel shoots into his nuts and he falls to the ground in pain and dies from falling so high.

Something like that. :P

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 10:58 pm
or.. we leave the jets like they are ^^ whos with me ppl