( search forums )
Shooting through teammates!!!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 2:40 am
NEXT VERSION LETS MAKE IT SO THAT WE CAN SHOOT THROUGH OUR TEAMMATES EXCEPT FOR Friendly Fire. IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF WHEN A TEAMMATE STNDS IN FRONT OF YOU WHEN YOUR FIRING A LAW :)

grand_diablo
April 30, 2005, 2:11 pm
NEXT VERSION WE INCLUDE A FEATURE TO MAKE YOUR CAPSLOCK KEY EXPLODE OK?????

PS: bad idea, its a matter of coordination and teamplay to not run into each other's firing line.

blackdevil0742
April 30, 2005, 2:12 pm
yeah it's not a good idea.

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 3:16 pm
Not a good idea...I've played some games like that...and they suck.

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 4:32 pm
This wouldnt be so bad idea , but the game will have less tactic ...
..atlast I like it how it is ...{ but i dont like when my mate is still spraying and i think he will finaly stop so I jump amd my mate give me a headshot from law or only from his gun ): }

FliesLikeABrick
April 30, 2005, 6:55 pm
i don't like it, it just makes no sense. itll just motivate people to stand right next to eachother with mini guns. i dont want a whole team of minigunners just standing behind eachother shooting

Michal
April 30, 2005, 8:14 pm
I think this is a good idea for these reasons...

-Mass attacks would work much better: Right now every once in a while you'll hear someone say "let's all attack at once kekeke"
if you try it, it is usually a failure because half your teams shots hit your own team. I think with this idea implemented there would be more team strategy. Support fire would also be much more effective if you could get a few players in the same spot. With effective cooperation and tactics like this I think the game would be much more interesting.

-No more annoying things: Like hitting your teammates with your gun, dumb teammates blocking your shots, selfkills with LAW/m79/nades due to teammates running in front.

-Still Makes Sense: Soldat isn't exactly true 2D, if it was, soldiers would collide with each other. I don't think it would be too strange seeing shots pass in front of or behind teammates.

I fully support this idea, if not as a complete change then as an option "[x] friendly shot collision" or something like that.

Futile
April 30, 2005, 8:44 pm
Or, how about letting the cursor/sniper line tell you when someone is in the way?!

[URL]

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 9:30 pm
yah i like that idea to futile, but it still doesnt stop someone from getting in front of ytou when shooting a LAW or m79

Marine
May 1, 2005, 1:25 am
I don't like this idea, cause imagine ten people with miniguns all standing by eachother.
Or Barretts.

m00`
May 1, 2005, 1:31 am
i like it the way it is

Keron Cyst
May 1, 2005, 1:33 am
I would like it only for the M72 LAW alone, because if you're aiming at someone almost a whole monitor away you can't tell if some moron comes up in front of you and you commit suicide/injure yourself really badly from it. But if you enable all projectiles to pass through teammates, then people will just grab Minimis and besiege the tunnels in ctf_Equinox and ctf_Laos :P

DT
May 1, 2005, 3:43 am
Search button is your friend... do you forget about your friends?
now someone should lock this and save the guy from being flamed more...plz?

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 3:26 pm
yah maybe instead of just having all the weapons go through everyone, this is just for m79 and LAW

Keron Cyst
May 2, 2005, 3:42 pm
Yes, for explosives I'd love. For others, no, because I see SPAS'-users purposely fire at teammates from behind to boost them forward more X-D

Mini Man
May 2, 2005, 4:55 pm
Bad idea, I like it the way it is.
Bullets already go threw ure teammates, altho most of the power has been stripped from it, but M79's and Laws? Nah...
(I am a law user, so its not the fact that i dont like laws, i also like the m79 :))

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 7:01 pm
what the hell are you talking about? the bullets dont go through your teammates, only barretts do that i think. It's actually not really a problem for me with LAW's but mostly with m79's.

Mini Man
May 2, 2005, 8:09 pm
Dascoo, bullets do go threw ure teammates.

Dathker
May 2, 2005, 11:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diabloNEXT VERSION WE INCLUDE A FEATURE TO MAKE YOUR CAPSLOCK KEY EXPLODE OK?????

PS: bad idea, its a matter of coordination and teamplay to not run into each other's firing line.

genious

Captain Ben
May 3, 2005, 7:46 am
Explosives should bounce of your teammate!

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 8:47 am
nononono.... let teammates be hit like usual. dont change it

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 2:02 pm
since when do bullets go through teammates?

DT
May 3, 2005, 3:26 pm
when you right next to em

Mini Man
May 3, 2005, 7:30 pm
...Dascoo go start a server put a few bots on ure team stand realitvly near them & shoot them (No FF) You will see bullets continue there path with their power stripped & lined with blood

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 9:54 pm
but it doesnt go far, very very short, it only really works with shotgun for me.

SPARTAN_III
May 4, 2005, 1:01 pm
how bout it happens randomly? like sometimes it goes PAST the teammate (not through) and sometimes...ppl flame you and say "stop teamkilling you [IMAGE]!!!!1111!"

Mini Man
May 4, 2005, 1:35 pm
Dascoo - I haven't tested this but im pretty sure it works with Deagles, Ruger & Barret, im not too sure if it works with autos, maybe you can test :)

i am ahab
May 5, 2005, 10:50 am
how about being able to wear a red bandana, put the m79 in your mouth and run around screaming
LALALALALALALALALALALALALA
straight into the enemy base before exploding into a shower of guts taking out anyone whose name has an 7 or 33 in it...
no,
wait.
thats a silly idea.
i thought this was a thread for silly ideas.
my bad.

Captain Ben
May 5, 2005, 12:06 pm
Just remember:
It's all about the curves.

i am ahab
May 5, 2005, 3:21 pm
curves?
what curves?

wunderbear
May 5, 2005, 8:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabhow about being able to wear a red bandana, put the m79 in your mouth and run around screaming
LALALALALALALALALALALALALA
straight into the enemy base before exploding into a shower of guts taking out anyone whose name has an 7 or 33 in it...

Good idea.

Also, the "10 people with miniguns" thing would be annoying, but cool just to see that much power.

MWAHAHAHAHA.

but the idea to make it an option is an OK idea.

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 10:27 pm
The curves.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 1:44 am
lets stop posting

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 2:05 am
make it an option.. and so ppl can choose for their own.

Serpent_
May 6, 2005, 12:20 pm
Keep it the same way it is now as you need to actually know how to shoot so that would take like 5% of skills out of it.

Captain Ben
May 6, 2005, 1:52 pm
CURVES IS THE ANSWER!!

i am ahab
May 6, 2005, 2:50 pm
BUT DAMMIT WHAT ARE THEY?!!!

SPARTAN_III
May 6, 2005, 3:26 pm
THEY ARE THE BLOODY BULLET ARCS GOD DAMN IT!!!! BULLETS DONT GO STRAIGHT THEY fall in CURVES!!!

i am ahab
May 6, 2005, 4:57 pm
oooooh.
so,
but why is that the answer to shooting through players? sorry it was too much for me to do soldat physics engine + shooting through players = the answer

SPARTAN_III
May 9, 2005, 12:27 pm
i may be about to lose my temper....

because-it-lets-you-shoot-over-your-teammates.

come on now spartan, keep calm. breathe.

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 2:31 pm
it would be great as an option..

like "Shoot Through Teammates ON\OFF"

real cool..Huh?:D

Deleted User
May 10, 2005, 2:18 am
curves?

SPARTAN_III
May 10, 2005, 2:31 am
Why do you hate me god???????? scroll up and read plese or i will suffer a nervous breakdown

Keron Cyst
May 10, 2005, 5:38 am
What about curves? Then the quintuplet of Minigunners will just camp closer to the entrance to the lower area of ctf_Laos so curves will be nullified, that's all.