( search forums )
Ammo Count
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Glensta
April 30, 2005, 3:00 am
Okay so this is just something that I think would be very fun for realistic mode. I really don't think there should be an ammo counter. Its easy to lose count of how many rounds you've popped off and it be exciting not knowing when your clip will run out in a firefight. Although not getting rid of ammo counting completely, you should be able to check your clip, like a quick few second pop out slap in peek at the magazine. The only worry would be that this would slow down the gameplay. I doubt this would be implemented but it would be interesting to see. Just thinking out loud right now.

grand_diablo
April 30, 2005, 2:13 pm
could be funny as optional feature for realistic mode.

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 3:15 pm
Possibly only as an extra mode...

Michal
April 30, 2005, 4:18 pm
I like this idea, it is realistic. But I'm not sure about the checking ammo feature, many of the magazines of the weapons in soldat have no view of the bullets inside except for the next one or two to be fed. The soldier could feel by the weight, but I'm not sure of a good way to indicate that.

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 4:28 pm
Hmm , I suggested this before and all BLAMED me to hell ...
I like this idea...this will make that all wouldnt SPRAY everywhere and u will not die when u wun only by one blind shot ...

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 5:45 pm
hmm yeah like it too,
it makes u to care about ur ammo...

and then i would be cool to have the possibility to collect ammo, well u have a kind of a bag with u ( maybe every kind of ammo/shell get a wight or so, and the bag can carry 100 pounds or is chooseable, hmm we can think about a 'carry/bag-menu' to manage ur ammo *lol,)
=> this woulöd have another 'subeffect' it's makes staying alive profitable, well if u stay alive u have more ammo an can fight longer

another possibility are ammo-cases ( easier i think), but not as cool as the bags *think*

what do u think?

Keron Cyst
April 30, 2005, 5:50 pm
Yeah, I like this. And since you don't know how much ammo you have left, if you're holding the Shoot button your soldat won't reload until you let go :P

blackdevil0742
April 30, 2005, 8:52 pm
I've always wanted this to be in the realistic mode.. but it ain't implended yet(hopefully it will) ;/

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 9:31 pm
this is really cool, hope its *implementes*

Green Barret
May 1, 2005, 12:17 am
Um... with the infinite ammo this is pretty useless in my opinion...

Marine
May 1, 2005, 1:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretUm... with the infinite ammo this is pretty useless in my opinion...

You do have to reload, you know. And it takes time. Sometimes reloading can cost you a death.

Deleted User
May 1, 2005, 1:51 pm
It's not a case of having infinite ammo, it's more of a case of having thousands of magazines and clips.

Rhombus
May 1, 2005, 4:04 pm
why would you check your ammo, if reloading takes the same ammount of time :s