( search forums )
mp5 tips, hurrr
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
April 30, 2005, 6:54 pm
Since there seems to be an outburst of weapon help threads, i may as well post one of my own.
It's been a while since a played soldat, and I'm getting into use of the mp5, with the law as a secondary.
I'm a very aggressive player, and in most situations I'll charge straight into enemies from above and get several headshots, and throw a few nades for people to walk into if they try and run. However, there are some situations where this method doesnt really go to plan, and I want to know what I should do in special circumstances (shotgun). I always ditch my law in favour of an m79 whenever possible, if that's any use to anyone.

Michal
April 30, 2005, 8:00 pm
With the Mp5 crouch for a bullet hose :)
Quick kills, perfect accuracy. Once you get used to the bullet arc you can effectively use the Mp5 for long range.

blackdevil0742
April 30, 2005, 8:50 pm
The best thing about the mp5(my fav) is its bullet arc if you master it you can easy kill ppl behind hills and use it for long range. Also it has much ammo and with fast reloads which makes it flexible in closecombat.

lastpatriot
April 30, 2005, 10:11 pm
I love the HK. It's great in close-medium range, okay at long, as I am sure you know. It is the best binking weapon, in my opinion, so use it when fighting long-range gunners(the "roll 'n prone" works well). It still is sort of weak, so use grenades to back it up when at range.

Green Barret
May 1, 2005, 12:14 am
- Get used to the arc: MP5 rounds don't go far, but if you get used to the arc it makes, you can easily hit mid to even long range targets. You can shoot over small hills accuratly this way(and better crouching).

- Always reload: MP5 spits fast and its reload time isn't that long so if there's a pause in combat reload.

- Master the grenades: Grenades are the answer when you run out of ammo or meet a player with a powerful weapon. They help you kill any player in a hurry.

- Choose a sidearm: Because of the MP5's fast rate of fire, you might find yourself nearly killing your enemy but letting him get away due to having to reload. The way to solve this is by using a sidearm that fits you. The law, knife, and socom(my favorite) are all useful at doing this.
The law and knife are great at killing targets with full health, while the socom is best for picking off targets with low health.

Kazuki
May 1, 2005, 1:09 am
I really don't understand why these topics are here. It's just as easy to learn all of this info in about 10 minutes if you used the HK MP5 yourself, and it would be more effective.

That's my two cents anyway.

Hanz
May 1, 2005, 4:34 am
Well said Kazuki, well said.

True skill cannot be taught, experience is the key to perfection...

Kazuki
May 1, 2005, 5:05 am
Thanks, and I'm not bashing these topics in any way; sometimes it's good to get some tips from fellow players. However, I'd think that playing without any specific thoughts in mind, such as that of having to use the HK MP5 in the way that you were advised to, is much easier and probably more effective. But once again, like I said, I advise you to learn how to use the weapon yourself, rather than to use others' word for help.

Deleted User
May 1, 2005, 5:06 am
Unless of course you're Neo..

"Tank...I need to learn how make a gourmet brazlian turkey pie"
*beep* *boop* *boop* *beep*
"Done"

Deleted User
May 1, 2005, 6:50 pm
I like the mp5... it sprays a bit, making it hard to hit with all shots even if u aim at them.. they shoot fast, reload fast and have a fair damage. my tip is.. master the arc and ull be great =D

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 10:50 am
Hehe... Swazo, you're sick..!!

lastpatriot
May 2, 2005, 11:48 am
Mmmm... Turkey Pie.

"You sunk my battleship!"
"EXCELLENT!"

Should have had that in Matrix Reloaded, to make up for the suckiness.

Keron Cyst
May 2, 2005, 3:34 pm
Uh, yeah...

As for me, I ditch the HK MP5 for the Steyr AUG, which is just more appealing to me. It doesn't spit out & waste its ammo so fast, and although its reload rate may be slightly higher, each bullet does more damage :)

Judge_Man
May 2, 2005, 4:14 pm
quote:from Soldat manual
2. HK MP5
Bullet start power = 22.8

4. Steyr AUG
Bullet start power = 20.8

owned. I don't use mp5, I use Pulse Gun! muhahaha UT Mod

May 2, 2005, 5:01 pm
"Master the arc!"
You think I haven't done that already?

EndertheXenocide
May 2, 2005, 8:53 pm
Something else to hand out. I don't think it really matters which weapon you use, but when fighting with the HK and aiming upwards. You tend to have a larger percentage of dieing than killing your opponent. I would say try to stay out of situations where you have to fire upwards with the HK. I have learned this from using the HK all the time. Also very good weapon for close range. Get close range fire directly upon your opponent, and they should die quickly.

Dathker
May 2, 2005, 11:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiThanks, and I'm not bashing these topics in any way; sometimes it's good to get some tips from fellow players. However, I'd think that playing without any specific thoughts in mind, such as that of having to use the HK MP5 in the way that you were advised to, is much easier and probably more effective. But once again, like I said, I advise you to learn how to use the weapon yourself, rather than to use others' word for help.

YES, why! its best for one to learn through experience... not by being told the secret behind everything, but developing one's own way of doing things.

Captain Ben
May 3, 2005, 9:09 am
Everything you need to know:
To use the mp5 effectively, aim with the crosshair and click.
If he's too far away, aim higher.

i am ahab
May 3, 2005, 11:58 am
me thinks sticky is causing some ruckus and standing back and laughing....
cheeky monkey just cause i sprayed u to death with the hk the other day and you took offence mr funny socks ;)

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 1:05 am
hk sprays/recoils too much on realistic (which i personally like), but the reload is fast

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 6:37 pm
when attacking jump above and shoot down ther back

CardBoardWarrior
May 5, 2005, 12:54 am
like kazuki said, its all practice practice practice.. the harder opponents the better..
with each death i learn more about myself and my skills and my weapon.
ive been playin for a long time now and ive definitely mastered the mp5.

CardBoardWarrior
May 5, 2005, 1:33 am
btw, whats up all ^.^
feels good to be back.

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 5, 2005, 7:49 pm
Well the mp5 is made for charging forward with tons of nades... if you come to someone with a spas fly in circles hehe they never get you... same if you hit some one with deagles...
mp5 just keep moving wot

SPARTAN_III
May 6, 2005, 5:57 am
mp5 is good at close range combat mainly. i have seen good players take out 2 ppl while aiming at one spot. wow skillz lol.

always remember, LAWs are your friend with ALL autos. (but not minigun)

socoms work well too

criddo
May 9, 2005, 9:11 am
Nah, AK-47s have heaps better speed and power. Much better at aiming to. You can only use the mp5 in close combat.

SPARTAN_III
May 9, 2005, 3:56 pm
ak roxxor! but mp5 isa good gun to finish a guy off

vegkl
May 16, 2005, 8:54 pm
It deals a lot of damage in short time if sprayed. The best close-up weapon after knife and chainsaw.

May 16, 2005, 9:38 pm
"RAAARGHAGWAAGHH!"

Did you hear that? That's the sound of a thread being raised from the dead.

i am ahab
May 17, 2005, 10:03 am
*reaches for spade*
IAH SHALL SMITE THEE UNDEAD TROGSPAWN!111