( search forums )
Problem with Image
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 7:00 pm
I have fixed the error with the 3d compatibility on my computer, and it turned out that my driver was fine. I had my desktop in 24 bit high quality, and I had to have it in 16 bit quality. But... If I make it into the game and attempt a single player OR multiplayer game, it loads, but the whole window that Soldat is in goes black and I cannot see anything. I still hear sounds, like the shots im firing wildly at nothing, but I cannot see the screen, and cannot tell what is happening. If I use the Esc button on the keyboard to escape to the menu, I cannot tell, for the game remains blacked out. I do not get a pop-up error that tells me I have a problem. As far as I can tell, it should work. But it don't. And then my Graphics card should be compatible, because it originally came on a windows ME computer. Any suggestions on how to rectify this problem?

b00stA
April 30, 2005, 9:54 pm
Try disabling anti-aliasing or changing the fullscreen option.

Or simply read the official Soldat FAQ from www.Soldat.pl

quote:It's a hardware compatibility error:
- Make sure you have the latest DirectX drivers
- Try to run the game in window-mode
- Change the Windows desktop colors from 32-bit to 16-bit
- Try to change some Soldat Config settings (turn off Antialiasing, check 16-bit)
- Install the latest or different video drivers
- Try changing the windows desktop resolution and bit-rate
- Try turning down or up the graphics hardware acceleration (My Computer/Properties/Performance/Graphics)
- Try updating your motherboard drivers
- If you have Windows NT/2000 install the latest service pack

If you don't know how to do something from this list don't contact me. Contact me if you fixed your problem and tell me how you did it.

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 10:03 pm
I've read the faq. I have the required level of Graphics card. I dont have full screen enabled. Ive tried every single combination of options from the setup configuration. Antialiasing is disabled. Dithering is disabled. The only things enabled are the minimums of everything (I have the correct drivers selected and I have the correct card capabilities. I do not know what is wrong with it.

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 10:34 pm
I have now uninstalled my directX 9.0 and have reverted to my card's original driver which is kinda like directx 8.1
And now, when im offline and attempt to play a single player game, It has an actual error box pop up saying host lookup canceled. Now I have to figure out how to get it working. Could it be that Im using an old graphics card? I know its capable of running high resolution 3d games such as The Sims: Hot Date, and Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition.

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 10:48 pm
I have solved my problem. I changed the options more, and the force software is off, and now it works perfectly

Keron Cyst
May 1, 2005, 5:47 am
You can edit your posts ([IMAGE]) instead of triple-posting, you know... And yea, Force Software basically butchers gameplay :P