( search forums )
Broken ability
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Norse
May 1, 2005, 4:28 am
Out of all of the forums (and through a forum search) I could find no material relating to this topic. I figure, what the heck, I'll bring up my idea in the suggestions bin, so...

My idea is simple:

A box has been hit numerous times(or any other scenery placed in front of the map,etc.) it has the tendency to break and lose it's defensive edge. I know that in real life, no one sits in front of a crate as a whole 100 shot belt of the Minigun rips into a crate. It's not realistic in the least. My idea is to make crates and other small objects breakable, thus adding more strategy to soldat, and preventing campers from getting the best of us. :>

Thoughts?

Keron Cyst
May 1, 2005, 5:36 pm
Breakable scenery would have to be completely revamped, as it'd need pieces to explode into and statistics for each one. And since the image would be able to move (like, from nearby explosions), it wouldn't be "scenery" any more, now would it? That'd take a heck of a lot more programming, also because it'd need to be able to respawn or else it'd only be used for the first few minutes of the match.

I like it :D

peemonkey
May 1, 2005, 6:22 pm
breakable scenery has been suggested before, some like it some dont. it's totally up to mike

Deleted User
May 1, 2005, 7:21 pm
but if he acctually would make it, then it would take several months before he told us or released anything:p

Deleted User
May 1, 2005, 8:10 pm
Ah yes, but you are forgeting- Soldat is unrealistic.

Deleted User
May 1, 2005, 9:25 pm
NO ! I totaly Disagree with that damn COW !
Never played soldat in REAL mode ? Im no-real mode are REAL things too. Soldat have REAL guns ...I know some things arent reAl ...But I must D!sAg33 aT 100% !!! and I know that 2d isnt so real :P

to-topic: I don't really know... It would be nice. But only with some things like boxes or ...um ....boxes ...I cant imagine that u shoot to a bunker and it will destroy to pieces ...:S

Deleted User
May 1, 2005, 9:39 pm
...ok. I did not understand any of your rant, unless it went like this:

You are wrong, Mr. Cow.

Keron Cyst
May 1, 2005, 9:58 pm
So you're saying soldaten with jet boots spawning out of thin air & able to run at 20 MPH, and able to accurately hit targets with bazookas put against their chests rather than shoulders is realistic?

zyxstand
May 2, 2005, 3:17 am
ight u can argue whether soldat is real/unreal - but fact of the matter is that if you want colliders that can be chizzled away after many bullets, you gotta have it regrow because in soldat, there is no permanent damage done without recycling...killing ppl - they respawn...capping flag, it reappears back to base...if permanent damages could be done (damages that last throughout the entire game and cannot be undone in any way (this excludes points and players skills)) then the game would quickly become boring - which is very most likely why there is no disappearing polygons!

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 2:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystSo you're saying soldaten with jet boots spawning out of thin air & able to run at 20 MPH, and able to accurately hit targets with bazookas put against their chests rather than shoulders is realistic?

I mean playability and I already said that 2d isnt real but it is quite real and In realistic mode is it totaly real ...
...when u dont think about 2d engine and jets ...

Hanz
May 2, 2005, 5:59 pm
Dairy, every post that you make here you are making less and less sense. I think you need to re-read some of your posts, they don't REALly make any sense...

Back to topic, this idea would be great IMO. Although it could get a bit laggy on some slower, older processors *Cries*. As long as the boxes and such would come back over time, then I don't see why not. The big M may have some trouble putting it in, so I don't think we would be seeing it any time soon...

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 8:20 pm
I think it's a pretty good idea, if it's done right. Zyxstand made a good point about everything respawning. Maybe the boxes can respawn after one or 2 caps.... It sounds dumb, but it's a suggestion.

And maybe there can be an option for it, just like there is an option for bonuses and stat guns.