( search forums )
ctf_mare - another Demonic map in making
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
DeMonIc
May 2, 2005, 12:06 pm
Well this is my latest project: a small, nuubia like ctf. I used LxS layer idea, chakapoko's blank scenery lightrays, the black scenery surrounding, and Soap's marais texture.
Screenshot:
http://img240.echo.cx/my.php?image=screenshot36eu.png
Download:
http://llsc.us/members/Demonic/uploads/ctf_marebeta.zip

Keep in mind that this is a beta. Post your opinions about it, bug notes etc. so I can perfect it before releasing.

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 1:00 pm
Looks nice, though by the size I can't tell whether its large or very very cramped.

Without an alternate path for the lower route, there's no real point in taking it, in my humble opinion.

Avarax
May 2, 2005, 2:50 pm
i love the light effects :)
but i think it has way too much jets and needs maybe some bushes for camping ;Q

.alex.oner.
May 2, 2005, 7:56 pm
the grass underneath the tunnel type things needs to be darker.. looks nice though!

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 8:08 pm
Can't even see the picture,,..can't you host at photobucket.com or something?

May 2, 2005, 8:33 pm
This map is sex. Would make a great 2 vs 2 map if it weren't riddled with polygon bugs.

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 8:42 pm
looks great!

does the bots work?

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 8:51 pm
Jises! when i grow up i want to be like uncle demonic!

DeMonIc
May 3, 2005, 3:23 pm
The map is indeed very small, and I'm working on the poly bugs. It's not waypointed, but Sticky offered to waypoint it for me, so final version will possibly have waypoints.

Michal
May 3, 2005, 10:44 pm
I like it, very unique.
I'm looking forward to the finished product :]

Vulbastick
May 4, 2005, 6:53 pm
These arena maps are a bit boring cos when you really get down to it...they are all exactly the same. make some cool, detailed, complicated and big maps.
wicked.

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 8:52 pm
i think the map looks good..but vulbastick has right :/

in some small maps it getting boring and the gameplay is more like

'First to the middle rule the whole match even they are noobs'

JiggaBlue
May 4, 2005, 10:48 pm
[IMAGE]

Add some kind of lower route, then this map would be great

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 11:06 pm
mm..but he's already made it..it will bi kind od destroyd if he try to make a tunnel there..

DeMonIc
May 5, 2005, 1:58 pm
There was a version of this map that had a lower route like that, but it simply sucked, since it killed the essence of the map. My plan was to make the alternate route a bit split: if you wish to take alt roue, you have to go low first, speed up at the little hill, and jump to the upper little part. I might update this beta today though, I changed some looks, fixed some bugs.