( search forums )
Football....
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
flab
May 2, 2005, 8:26 pm
At the start of the season (last August) there was a thread on who will do well in Europe this year. I said Chelsea will do well, however I didn't predict them winning the Premiership title. As for the Champions League I said both Chelsea and Liverpool would go far. Liverpool being somewhat of a suprise considering the ammount of injuries they've had, but Rafa is a good European manager.

Who do people think will win tomorrow night and go through to the final? I reckon a score draw with Chelsea going through. (Although I'm not writing out a Liverpool win). Still think Milan will be in the final after beating PSV in the first leg?

Also, I managed to get tickets for the World Cup in Germany next June. A Team-specific-ticket following Ukraine up untill the Quarter Finals :D Anyone else got tickets? If anyone knows any Ukrainian, or anyone who is from Ukraine shove him in my direction :)

peemonkey
May 2, 2005, 9:23 pm
[IMAGE] sports.

Pulp
May 2, 2005, 9:46 pm
The most logic final is Chelsea - AC Milan, but I'm hoping for FC Liverpool vs. AC Milan though. PSV played quite a good match, in the first leg, created tons of chances but didn't managed to score. It's also quite a miracle PSV already reached the semi-final, after they sold their best players ( Robben, Kezman ... ).
For Liverpool-Chelsea , my heart is with Liverpool, but I'm afraid chelsea will go through after a draw (1-1 / 2-2) ... Although i already saw Gerrard scoring the 2-1 in the last minute in some kind of a vision...

For the WC in Germany, tickets are too expensive for 'just' a footballmatch, for me (i rather spend money on other things), especially cause our nation most likely won't make it through the qualifications...

lastpatriot
May 2, 2005, 10:04 pm
Weehee, Chelski. Uh, I personally think you were right in not ruling out Liverpool. I think it will also be Chelsea vs. Milan, but don't dismiss Liverpool yet, again.

P.S. About the "our nation most likely won't make it", welcome to the thought process of Soccer Fans of the U.S.A

flab
May 2, 2005, 10:28 pm
"but I'm afraid chelsea will go through after a draw (1-1 / 2-2) ... Although i already saw Gerrard scoring the 2-1 in the last minute in some kind of a vision..."
Aye is quite possible...

Also about PSV, they did look dangerous at the San Siro which makes me think they may score on Wednesday, but i don't think it will be enough to beat Milan. If they did I would class that as a shock, whereas if Liverpool beat Chelsea I would say that's how strong the English league is :P

Tickets wernt "that much", worked out about £40 a game, which includes a quarter final match, for a World Cup I'd say thats quite reasonable :)

Pulp
May 3, 2005, 12:19 am
Hmm, that's indeed quite cheap. :)

BManx2000
May 3, 2005, 3:38 am
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey[IMAGE] sports.

N1nj@
May 3, 2005, 3:56 am
more like [IMAGE] football

Cookie`
May 3, 2005, 4:07 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@more like [IMAGE] football

The north america football or the everywhere else in the world football? :P

AerialAssault
May 3, 2005, 4:43 am
here in america, its called "Soccer"

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 9:04 am
here in norway its called boooring.

ThaD
May 3, 2005, 9:32 am
coz u can't play it <lol>

i think Liverpool will do it, I just hate Mourinho's self confidence

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 9:37 am
I can play it... but I CANT STAND watching it...

SuperKill
May 3, 2005, 12:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaulthere in america, its called "Soccer"

here in the rest of the world, "we dont give a [IMAGE] how you call it".

i am ahab
May 3, 2005, 12:50 pm
lol superkill.

personally i love Mourinho's arrogance. and apathy towards the press. he owns them on a regular basis and never takes the bait.

i think chelsea stand a better chance against milan... remember that BORING final milan were in a few seasons back, last i want is a repeat of that. and i'd rather see chelsea win stuff to tick off alex ferguson and remind arsenal that having henry and bergkamp and then buying 19 year olds won't win you the league every year...

but fair play to rafa for getting so far too...

so i think whoever goes through is worthy, best contest ive seen in a while - its perked my interest for once.

R0L4ND
May 3, 2005, 12:57 pm
Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Juventus! Headbutted an Inter-player after multiple provocations, got unjustly suspended for 3 games! He owns! Did anyone remember the group-match between Sweden and Italy this summer? He made the dream-goal of a lifetime... A flying heel-clicker with his back turned on the goal!

Pulp
May 3, 2005, 1:45 pm
Heh, that was a nice goal, indeed, ROL4ND :)

Mostly luck, although he had the intention to score, and that's what counts, i guess. :)

R0L4ND
May 3, 2005, 2:18 pm
If it's a goal, then there's no such thing as luck! :D

Felix
May 4, 2005, 5:59 am
I can eat the ball and throw it after very fast :)

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAL

no, i don't like soccer

ThaD
May 4, 2005, 9:25 am
bye bye Chelsea

very good game

i am ahab
May 4, 2005, 9:59 am
carragher owned drogba...