( search forums )
Hey, Lapis Lazuli... (OR: Cave Story is Good)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Zero72
May 3, 2005, 5:01 am
...Did I spell your name right? Well, I'm not about to go look for it again to double check.

I just wanted to say that your avatar rules.

And everybody who doesn't know where it comes from should.

Ok, that's all.

peemonkey
May 3, 2005, 5:15 am
PM him next time [IMAGE]ing retard :D

Zero72
May 3, 2005, 5:18 am
Well, in addition to complementing the avatar, I also figured it wouldn't hurt to draw a little extra attention to Cave Story. =P

...Ironically, I don't have a link to check out. A friend of mine sent it to me.

Zero72
May 3, 2005, 5:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72Well, in addition to complementing the avatar, I also figured it wouldn't hurt to draw a little extra attention to Cave Story. =P

...Ironically, I don't have a link to check out. A friend of mine sent it to me.

Edit: Ok, here we go.

http://agtp.romhack.net/doukutsu.html

Best freeware game ever. Seriously. Check it out. And it's barely over a megabyte.

Edit: D'OH, wrong button. UGH.

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 8:13 am
Isn't that sweet. You double posted just for me.

eagleclaw364
May 3, 2005, 8:52 am
Hah zero. I like your siggy :>

Captain Ben
May 3, 2005, 8:54 am
That's strange. My lol turned was pink.

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 10:10 am
Cave Story is a very good game. I suggest you all at least try it out. The story is still very moving.

Zero72
May 3, 2005, 5:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliIsn't that sweet. You double posted just for me.
Well I didn't MEAN to. =/

Edit: Anyway, I remember somebody else with a Cave Story avatar. I'm pretty sure Ville had a Night Spirit in his for a while. Or somebody did.

And the story really is epic. Well, not epic, but really good.

MonkeyHead79
May 3, 2005, 10:16 pm
Huzzah!

Famine
May 4, 2005, 1:08 am
I hate cave story.

Zero72
May 4, 2005, 1:46 am
Any particular reason?

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 2:35 am
I made Ville's Night Spirit avatar. I also made a few others. They're somewhere in the archives of the test area.

Famine
May 4, 2005, 2:42 am
because it sucks.

BManx2000
May 4, 2005, 2:45 am
quote:Originally posted by FamineI hate cave story.

Die please now please.

Famine
May 4, 2005, 2:55 am
It is so boring

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 3:31 am
You didn't play it far enough. Therefore, applying your logic, you suck.

Famine
May 4, 2005, 3:41 am
I did play far enough to know it sucks

The Geologist
May 4, 2005, 3:48 am
You don't like it. Great. You're one person. Doesn't mean it sucks, nor does it mean that you need to turn other people off to the game.

BManx2000
May 4, 2005, 3:49 am
quote:Originally posted by FamineI did play far enough to know it sucks

INCREDIBLE FIREBALL NUCLEAR EXPLOSION OF DIE
[IMAGE]

Cookie`
May 4, 2005, 5:45 am
Ahhh o noz my bandwidth has been destr0yed by 1/3 mb :'(

/me keeps that image lol

Zero72
May 4, 2005, 6:51 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000quote:Originally posted by FamineI did play far enough to know it sucks

INCREDIBLE FIREBALL NUCLEAR EXPLOSION OF DIE
[IMAGE]
That is the freaking hardest I have laughed in MONTHS.

Captain Ben
May 4, 2005, 6:53 am
I dunno, I'll try it later, though I like that Blockland game...
Here we go!

Zero72
May 4, 2005, 7:04 am
So... Time to compare best times for the best ending! =P

Mine's 10'07"7.

Edit: That was my first attempt, anyway, with the best weapon. I've now been through it several times with the machine gun and haven't lost in quite a long time, so I bet if I got the best weapon and gave it another shot, I could just beat the hell out of that time. First, though, I'm gonna try it with Snake. Apparently that's supposed to be pretty useful against the final final boss... I haven't used it yet, though.

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 10:14 am
You can't use Snake against the final final boss. You have to have the Polar Star's.. second form.. to even consider fighting him.

My best time is 8~ something. I cannot get to and beat the final final boss in under 4 minutes (on the nikamaru(sp?) counter). Supposedly, if you do, you get some sort of awesome super secret ending/surprise/new title screen junk.

Zero72
May 4, 2005, 6:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliYou can't use Snake against the final final boss. You have to have the Polar Star's.. second form.. to even consider fighting him.False. I've beaten him with the machine gun. 3 times in a row without losing to him. =P He's really not so tough once you've done it a few times.

Granted, I also tend to switch to Nemesis once in a while when I have the machine gun. Adds a little bit of strategy to the whole thing. And my best time with the machine gun is just over 13 minutes.

Edit: And if I'm not mistaken, the only confirmed secret is that you earn a new theme for the title screen or something like that if you beat 6:30.

Edit once afriggin'gain: Just to show it's possible:

(WARNING: All of these pictures are basically big fat SPOILERS)

http://img248.echo.cx/img248/5695/balloswithmachinegun15ab.png
http://img248.echo.cx/img248/5083/balloswithmachinegun24gx.png
http://img248.echo.cx/img248/8903/balloswithmachinegun32qv.png
http://img224.echo.cx/img224/2528/balloswithmachinegun44dw.png

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting, blah blah blah.

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 7:44 pm
From what I've heard the rocket launcher on level 3 is really the fastest gun to beat hell with. I haven't played for quite a while because I forgot to pick the counter with me. :(

STEELIX
May 4, 2005, 9:41 pm
Baaa, I played it the entire evening until I got through some spike maze with 3 hitpoints left, and then met up with an unfriendly fish boss... I am now very unmotivated to continue playing, and shall start with soldat again...

=(

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 9:53 pm
I play soldat and blockland 50/50 (my hotel is gettin sweeter and sweeter :D )

Famine
May 4, 2005, 10:33 pm
Bah, I am always correct.

BManx2000
May 4, 2005, 11:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by FamineBah, I am always correct.

DEATH EXPLODING STAR SUPERNOVA DEATH
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 11:41 pm
ohes noes

Famine
May 5, 2005, 12:03 am
REPEATING JOKE OF UNFUNNINESS!

BManx2000
May 5, 2005, 2:18 am
quote:Originally posted by FamineREPEATING JOKE OF UNFUNNINESS!

DEATH TO THE INFIDEL!

NO IMAGE!

Zero72
May 5, 2005, 2:59 am
quote:Originally posted by FamineREPEATING JOKE OF UNFUNNINESS!
DISAGREE'D

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 3:09 am
Ballos is such a turd. I mean really, why does he have to hit so hard?

Also note; You know the ending you get by defeating Ballos. I won't say what it is here, and this is just personal opinion.. but didn't it leave you a little.. wanting? I just felt so unfinished when the game ended just like that.

Zero72
May 5, 2005, 3:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliAlso note; You know the ending you get by defeating Ballos. I won't say what it is here, and this is just personal opinion.. but didn't it leave you a little.. wanting? I just felt so unfinished when the game ended just like that.
Not really. I guess a little more elaboration on what happened to everybody would've been good (especially Sue and company) but I think the best ending really was the best.

Look at it from a casualty rate point of view.
Worst ending: ALMOST EVERYBODY DIES
Good ending: MOST PEOPLE DIE
Best ending: VERY FEW PEOPLE DIE