( search forums )
server has ping ??? in lobby
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 1:24 pm
hi there!

how can it comes that in lobbyserver my server has no ping-value???
Peolple can join and download maps from my server, all works fine, except that my ping value displays ??? in lobby.

Greetz

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 1:28 pm
WTF? Read the stickies, theres a thread regarding this just 5 rows down...

FliesLikeABrick
May 3, 2005, 2:49 pm
even i looked through the forums and didnt find a thread about this that had an answer, the only threads I found bashed people for not searching, and told them to read the stickies. The stickies do not directly address this issue.

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 5:48 pm
yes filelikeabrick! exactly enesce sucks with his stickie messages! give me a link to this topic ...
i also searched with no results!!!!

LazehBoi
May 3, 2005, 6:02 pm
EnEsCe will HAX YU0!1111 kekek
I'm not quite sure why and that's pretty weird. I usually see "???" as a ping when I can't connect due to firewall issues.

Denacke
May 3, 2005, 6:08 pm
It is indeed weird that people can play on your server when the "???" ping appears. If you made a mistake and they can't there are the following possibilities:
- You have a firewall blocking the ports you use for soldat server (default 23073 & 23083)
- You have a router not forwarding the ports to your computer
Those situations are explained in the stickie "setting up a soldat server" or something of the likes

Hope it helps,

Cake

NoRecoil
May 3, 2005, 10:35 pm
When people can join your server with ??? I think it means your ping is higher then 1000. (My friend noticed that but I dont know if he is wrong).

NoRecoil