( search forums )
Detailed Server Information
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 10:25 am
This has almost definitely been suggested before. But I believe it should be brought up again.

Lets take a look at Soldat's current server list function:

[IMAGE]

Not much detail, is there? We have the server name, current map, players and max players, as well as type, ping and speed, as well as system, realistic mode y/n, etc. Sounds sufficient, but ..

I'd like to see something along the lines of game modes in use, whether or not the server is paused, how many grenades you can use, what weapons are disabled, what players are in the game, etc. as well. But as you know, that'd be hard to fit all that in our current format.

So what I suggest is that Soldat have a function similar to most Quake-based games where you are able to right-click (or perhaps highlight the server and click "Server Info") to bring up a new window with an easy-to-read list of more detailed server information. It wouldn't have to be fancy or very pretty, just something that showed us what the current server variables are. Perhaps even add room for a server description/comments and a list of admins for that server, hmm?

Discuss

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 2:18 pm
I'd love to be able to see who's in the server and what weapons are available inside. I've long been waiting for MM to implement this.

Deleted User
May 4, 2005, 2:25 pm
yes... would be cool indeed.

Unlucky 13
May 5, 2005, 8:42 am
Well first of all, I think Local LAN lobby needs to be fixed, then yeah, this is a good idea.

SPARTAN_III
May 5, 2005, 8:44 am
yes yes yes. nuff said.

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 12:09 pm
yes of course we need this

Captain Ben
May 5, 2005, 12:11 pm
Awesome idea, but do you think the country could come up as well? Toomany times have polish people entered the server with names like 'Crezivkaszka' and such. I assume they're polish...

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 1:28 pm
Sounds like a neat idea. I usaly just pop into a server and play so I would'nt use it much, but it sounds cool

Michal
May 5, 2005, 10:03 pm
Sure, I'd like that.
I would definitly use it.

blackdevil0742
May 5, 2005, 10:07 pm
It would be nice to have a thing like this^^

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 10:24 pm
Ya ya.

Keron Cyst
May 6, 2005, 4:53 am
quote:Originally posted by MichalSure, I'd like that.

vash763
May 6, 2005, 5:01 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by MichalSure, I'd like that.

Gen0cide
May 6, 2005, 5:16 am
Yeah,I'd really like this too..make it easier to find friends and stuff :D
How about in server options you can choose what country your in,so people know if they'll lag,no matter what the ping is?

Green Barret
May 6, 2005, 5:54 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by MichalSure, I'd like that.

Ok...

.alex.oner.
May 6, 2005, 7:47 am
i htink this would be rather handy.. although, it isnt essential, but it would still be used alot.. great idea me thinks..

Vijchtidoodah
May 6, 2005, 8:01 am
Well, to break this relatively unconstructive sycophant agreement train, I would suggest that instead of popping open a new window or adding to the currently bulging scroll bar, there should be an options menu for what exact statistics we want displayed in the lobby. That way, each person could choose what they wanted to see without having to open up an entirely new window (and subsequently closing that window) just to see a few key pieces of information.

bond_james_bond
May 11, 2005, 12:11 am
Its an ok idea. I dont think its really necessary though. But i like the idea of the right-clicking.

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 1:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwazoI'd love to be able to see who's in the server and what weapons are available inside. I've long been waiting for MM to implement this.

Yea I love this idea !!!

EspaceeMegadeth
May 15, 2005, 11:57 am
Oh man,good idea

Jamesmax0
May 23, 2005, 1:35 am
I'd be nice to see where your friends are :)

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 5:35 am
I think thats the best suggestion I've seen in a while Lapis.
You got my vote.

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 6:38 am
this sounds excellent and quite useful