( search forums )
Good MMORPGs
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
lastpatriot
May 4, 2005, 9:11 pm
I did a search for this, and nothing came up, and yes, I know this is a Soldat forum, but I used to play MMORPGs before Soldat, and I'm thinking of getting into them again. Does anyone know any good shareware/freeware MMORPGs, that are downloaded or played on the browser?

Do not tell me Runescape, because I have gone through a long tour of duty on that game(which, coincidentally, is half that of an army tour of duty).

Does anyone know any?

Liber_Lupus
May 4, 2005, 9:24 pm
Well I used to play Conquer Online (One of the very few good mmorpg's that worked). I only liked the people in the game and the magic/armor. But those morons called developers decided not to let people with ati cards play. My friend playes Kal Online atm. It lagged on my comp, but it didn't seem that bad. Both games are korean hack&slash..like most of the mmorpgs are.
But if you got money check out www.mmorpg.com game list and try out those famous top ten games (http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/sort/rating/gameID/0).

lastpatriot
May 4, 2005, 9:37 pm
Well, those are nice, but does anyone know others?

Droopy
May 4, 2005, 10:08 pm
Anything exept Tibia. The Soldat community is in seventh heaven compared to the Tibia community. I think MU onilne is still free. it's 3D, and actualy looks like Warcraft. And Lineage 1 still has the 1 month trial avaliable I think.

SuperKill
May 4, 2005, 10:29 pm
tibia is just crap now, used to be fun when so many idiots werent there.

Meandor
May 4, 2005, 10:42 pm
.. good .. mmorpg
How do those two words relate?

lastpatriot
May 4, 2005, 11:46 pm
One that can grab me within the first 5 minutes. Meaning, with a decent amount of action, and without over-complicated commands and/or +#/+#. I can't stand that.

Cookie`
May 5, 2005, 12:09 am
go buy guild wars >.<
it was only 40 bucks canadian so it must be cheap in us

Aegis
May 5, 2005, 2:02 am
I play MxO - The Matrix Online. It's quite awesome, unfortunately I've fallen behind my faction in levels. I need to get busy on that game again. :) One of the funnest things about it is the Live Events.. dynamic story line direct from the creators of The Matrix that happens live. Many characters from the movies are in play by real people, and are quite convincing. I have screenshots of Morpheus fighting agents infact... :)
MxO takes a damn nice machine to play though. Im running 1 and a half gigs of RAM with a 128 mb Radeon on the side.

Unfortunately... MxO is commercial, so I suppose I'm really not helping you with your freeware quest.
I did play Mu Online briefly, the graphics are a little dated, and they plan on going commercial in the future but its proably still avalible.
RYL - Risk your life. This one is very good but it will also become fully commercial at some point. You can get a beta account now. www.ryl.my I think (Malaysian game I think.. and Mu is Korean? dunno)

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 2:46 am
InternationalRagnarok Online Client (Not recommended, glitchy, neglected, and slow)

Follow the guide here to download the korean version of the Ragnarok Client

Private/Free Ragnarok Online Servers

Ragnarok Online is very neat, and if you find a good private server, its the most fun you'll have with an MMORPG. Try to find a server with low rates, as they're closer to the original game experience (something around 3/3/3 or similar). If you're curious, 3/3/3 means 3 times the base xp, 3 times the job xp, and 3 times the loot from monsters. Sounds like a lot, but its not, really.

In Ragnarok your character progresses through a series of classes, or Jobs. Everyone starts out as a novice, however after your 10th Novice level you're able to change your Job into one of the many other classes. These expand like branches of a tree, so for example, you could go from Novice to Acolyte, and from Acolyte you can go Priest or Monk, and so on.

Its very fun, and if you find a good server, you will lose a lot of hours of your life. If you happen to find Quality RO and decide to join, I'll be glad to set you guys up with some uber equipments.

wormdundee
May 5, 2005, 3:35 am
i play R.O.S.E. Online, its probably one of those Korean MMORPGS because it is absolutely horribly translated on the website and ingame.

It kinda sucks but then it is only in beta. Worth playing anyways. After I get bored of it I'll probably get Ragnarok.

Cookie`
May 5, 2005, 4:13 am
Wormy i sold my rose account on ebay for 60 bucks ^^
Lvl 72 Scouter

Ragnarok is good but if you gunna play make sure u get the korean ragnarok client because otherwise you get full of bugs

Plus Wizards are overpowered in that game

Transit
May 5, 2005, 4:17 am
FINAL FANTASY ROFL OMG!

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 5:01 am
R.O.S.E. = Ragnarok Online Second Edition. Stay away from that evil!

Also, Hunters are overpowered as well.

Aegis
May 6, 2005, 12:55 am
I hope you know however that Private RO servers are Illegal because Ragnarok is P2P.

Cookie`
May 6, 2005, 1:26 am
No they are not all illegal actually only a slim few are illegal get your facts straight before making posts like that

Green Barret
May 6, 2005, 1:38 am
Yay for Korean MMORPGs! Although there are a huge amount of free RPGs availible in Korea, I don't know about any in the western hemisphere.

Anyways, someone said MU is free, but it isn't. As with other pay-to-play RPGs here in Korea, it are about $26 a month(pretty expensive). The Linage series cost about the same too. If only you knew Korean well i could show you alot of free ones... I myself play 3 completely free MMORPGs.

lastpatriot
May 6, 2005, 2:38 am
Since I don't feel like buying anything new, I'll be trying Conquer Online.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 3:02 am
the new Runescape is alright... for a free 3d java mmorpg... and no downloads at all... tons of people and servers... but after a while it got kind of repetative... but for only $5 a month you can be a member and have access to the greater part of the world, members are treated to awesomely massive updates starting last month (April) and they have already begun adding the new underground features to the world, last month was deemed Desert Month and they added a whole ton of stuff to the desert and this month iss Underground Month, already they have a new quest available in the underground, and later this month they will have a huge underground city, railroad system, and a ton of new items and side quests! also they have relelased a new minigame in the new underground area!... Runescape is a great game for only $5 a month... but if your just starting i would stick with the free servers and dont even worry about the rest of the world untill you know what you are doing. :) check it out at www.runescape.com

BManx2000
May 6, 2005, 3:05 am
UGLILY MASSIVE HUGE SIG REMOVAGE NOW!!!!

Kazuki
May 6, 2005, 3:08 am
Sorry to interrupt this riveting discussion, and sorry to break your bubble, Slipnaughtica, but your signature is breaking the forum rules. Your signature needs to be no larger than 300 x 125 pixels and the size should be under 20kb, plus it can't be animated. Yours is 100 x 500 and is almost 300kb. :P I must say, it's a gorgeous signature, but it breaks the rules. I would suggest taking the moving green strip out and making it a normal .JPG file. It would be almost as good that way. :)

Hehe, sorry. Continue ...

Edit: Nice post you got there, Bman. How long did that take you, 3 seconds? ;D

vash763
May 6, 2005, 3:13 am
im suprised it wasnt

BANBANBANBANBANBANA

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 3:16 am
another really GOOD game is The 4th Coming! there are alot of servers out there that charge alot to play it but I know of a free one, i used to play on another server but it went to P2P so i quit... but this new server is free now! this game isnt 3d, but more like diablo 2 style... but with massive quests, maps, dungeons, and a really good story behind the quests this game is one wicked MMORPG!... its a must try! the free server's web site is http://t4c.xavus.com/
and for all there is to know about T4C visit www.t4cbible.com its an awesome site with tons of screen shots! here is one... http://www.t4cbible.com/shots/apr05/3rd-fun.jpg most of these screen shots are edited or ment to be funny, but that ont shows you the games graphics.. the girl is casting a heal spell (the sparkles) lol

Kazuki
May 6, 2005, 3:16 am
To BManX:

quote:Taken from the Forum Rules:No YELLING

For those that don't know, this is posting IN ALL CAPS. It's rude and annoying, and if you do it, your post will be removed. - Posting in an extremely large font may also result in your message being edited, and/or removed.

'Kay, thanks. ;D You once made a thread about people who weren't obeying the signature rules, correct, BMan? Hehehe.

I know this is a bit hypocritic because my signature is breaking the 'no-larger-font-than-size-1' rule, but I would like to oppose that rule with the fact that the way I used the text in is much more efficient than making an image, both for my benefit and the server's.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 2:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Meandor.. good .. mmorpg
How do those two words relate?

y0da
May 6, 2005, 2:12 pm
www.urbansquall.com
www.hobowars.com

DT
May 6, 2005, 3:37 pm
heh hobowars...i use to play that but...

SP (E-Games)
Soldat (MM productions)
Space staion 13 (byond)
Gunbound (E-Games)
Check the E-Games website its got good games there
there are others but i don't fell like looking for em now...

Liber_Lupus
May 6, 2005, 4:12 pm
Soldat isn't a mmorpg silly..

BManx2000
May 6, 2005, 6:16 pm
Or gunbound :P

DT
May 6, 2005, 8:46 pm
sorry just posting out random games that kick bananas

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 9:32 pm
Anarchy Online is pretty good, and it's FREE. You should check it out if you like MMORPGs. Go to www.anarchy-online.com

Droopy
May 6, 2005, 9:50 pm
Good MMORPG = World Of Warcraft

Though it's not free, it's worth the money. The other reason for buyingis that the emulated (hax) servers are crap; in the right meaning of the word.

I wish I had more time and money(or just more money, thats good too).

?
May 7, 2005, 4:20 pm
www.uogamer.com www.uogateway.com
(server I play on^) (^actual game and list of server)

lastpatriot
May 8, 2005, 1:33 am
Thanks, I'll try some of these P.S., I said do not tell me Runescape. I played until I was level 60 on a free server.