( search forums )
Goodbye for now, Soldat.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
lieroguy
May 5, 2005, 5:14 am
Soldat has been a game that I have not tired of for the past two and a half years. Through high school, college, and now the Army, it has provided piles of entertainment for me.

I have posted to these forums for a long time, though not very frequently (I like to read more than I like to type). I have gotten to know many of you guys and have made many friends here. And, I hope, no enemies.

Sure, I've pissed off a few. Particularly with my rants against the evils of gun control and my highly controversial political views regarding war, but, hey, we're all here because we love Soldat.

But now I must leave, and I will not be returning to this forum for almost a year, if ever. You see, for those of you who have not been reading, I enlisted into the Army under Special Forces Candidate. That's right, I'm becoming a SpecOps Green Beret. This came about for a multitude of reasons. First, I do not have enough money to live on my own and continue going to college. I am ready to get a career rolling, and this is a career in my personal hobby: small unit tactics and defensive marksmanship. Granted, I'll be training to learn how to (and will most likely eventuall have to use the training) kill people. The Army pays for college, gives you three meals a day, and gives you a roof over your head. I'll certainly never go hungry.

I'll spend the first 9 weeks in Basic Combat Training (boot camp). Then the next 5 in Infantry AIT. Then another 3 in Airborne Jump School. Another 2 in Special Forces Conditioning, another 2 in Special Forces Qualification, 4 in Survival, Escape, Evasion, and Resistance, and about 20 weeks in language school.

I leave to spend my last week with my Parents on the morning of the 7th. I will go to Fort Benning for Basic on the 12th. After the afternoon of the 6th, you will not be hearing from me in a long, long time.

Soldat has become more than just a game to me. It's more like a sport. Olympic, almost. The clans (some of them) are friendly and competitive, and the people (when you know the right ones) and informative and helpful. The game, for as awesome as it is, does not limit your gameplay for not registering. I am very grateful for this, since I am a poor guy and still have not been able to afford to register Soldat. I appreciate your patience with my Michael :D ...and soldat, through all of it's faults, it still more than a person can ask for in a free game. I love it so much. I have never taken it for granted, and have tried to bring as many people to know it as I could.

But in two days it's going to end. I'll be doing things in real life that you guys do in Soldat (except there is no respawning). I am not afraid. In fact, I'm rather looking forward to it. But soldat is one of the things I'll miss the most, as well as my friends here on the forums.

For the next two days I can post on the forums, but I thought I'd give you enough time to ask me questions and reflect on the past couple years of fun that Soldat has given us. You might even see me playing on servers like U13 before I leave.

Goodbye Soldat. May we meet again in the future. Don't change too much. ;)

Vijchtidoodah
May 5, 2005, 5:32 am
I've been waiting for this last post of yours for a while, and I'm sad to see you go.

Have a great time in training and in the career that ensues. I'm a bit envious: you know exactly what you want and you're striving for it. That, and you're learning valuable skills, a new language, strict discipline, and you'll be making some of the closest friends of your life.

I wish you luck (not that you'll need it), and I hope to see you around in the servers before you go.

Have fun!

peemonkey
May 5, 2005, 5:43 am
ill keep your seat warm. see you then, as ill likely still be here :)

FliesLikeABrick
May 5, 2005, 5:54 am
a nice warm spot will always be available for you in U13

lieroguy
May 5, 2005, 6:02 am
Thanks, Brick. I'll certainly pop in a few times before I leave.

The Geologist
May 5, 2005, 6:11 am
Kick ass and take numers.

And if you get to travel abroad, take all the pictures you can. You'll be seeing rocks I can't see yet damnit!

reckon
May 5, 2005, 6:56 am
We might have never conversed or played in a match together Liero, but I have the upmost respect for you for joining the Armed Forces to defend our country.
I hope everything goes well and may the spirit of soldat live on in you.
Who knows, you might run into a fellow soldier who knows the joys of 'dat or convert the unknowing.
Godspeed.

JiggaBlue
May 5, 2005, 7:08 am
Glad to hear, serving your country is the greatest of honors a man can face.

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 7:20 am
Salt the fries, man. Salt the fries.

lieroguy
May 5, 2005, 7:30 am
Woot. Just got done owning a pack of newbs with VijchtiDoodah in some public server with the Minigun.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

.alex.oner.
May 5, 2005, 7:42 am
damn, sad to see you go, have fun and things in all your training, and take much care.. cya

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 5, 2005, 8:02 am
Yeah, I've seen you around the forums, you seem like a nice guy...Even though the training is going to be hard, just don't give up, and in the future, you'll be the leet (In real life too!)

Aquarius
May 5, 2005, 8:52 am
Good luck, bye.

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 10:10 am
seeya later.,

i am ahab
May 5, 2005, 10:30 am
Good luck dude. Hope yr good at press ups :s
just think: after the next push... i get to thrill gwen steffani...

Swebonny
May 5, 2005, 10:31 am
Oww even if i dont know u... So sad to see u go...:ยด(
I hope you will have a good time in the army maybe find some new mates, or even soldat players? Or...girlfriend ;)
1 year..its a long time. When u return make sure u have a soldat party. Dont forget MM, soldat, the forum, me?, and dont forget to return back home to see us again.
Bye my friend...

Have a good time.

//Bonny, Wong

Captain Ben
May 5, 2005, 11:59 am
Don't kill too many pirates.
We're an endangered species, you know.

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 2:39 pm
May the Force be with you.

Green Barret
May 5, 2005, 3:17 pm
It is sad to see you go... but on with your life! I truly wish good luck.

Meandor
May 5, 2005, 4:34 pm
Hey. Don't get killed ;P
(yeah I know, it's just training ;) )

lieroguy
May 5, 2005, 4:54 pm
Swebonny, I already have a girlfriend. :P

STEELIX
May 5, 2005, 5:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenDon't kill too many pirates.
We're an endangered species, you know.

It's true! I need to play against you sometime, cap'n :P

lieroguy
May 5, 2005, 5:40 pm
Vhijidoodah (or however you spell his name) and FliesLikeaBrick had intended to hit U13 Private tonight at 9:00 PM Central American Time (no idea what that is GMT). You could probably see me there.

DeMonIc
May 5, 2005, 7:03 pm
Nargh, I went to take a bath, and you left :(
Farewell and good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Watch yourself please!

LazehBoi
May 5, 2005, 7:06 pm
May your kills be bloody and numerous. Good luck and don't get shot. <3

Elemental
May 5, 2005, 8:50 pm
Make sure to note if soldat is realistic enough! ;)

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 8:52 pm
Never realy got to know you too well, wish I could have, but goodbye, keep safe. Serving in the army/special forces is one of the most honorable things a man can do for his country. Bye, and God bless

Kazuki
May 5, 2005, 9:07 pm
Bye, Liero. :( Good luck and try hard. I'll miss your contribution to the community. Stop in from time to time, hear?

Mini Man
May 5, 2005, 9:29 pm
:(, dont think i know you liero but i'll give my farewells anyway :)
See ya good old buddy, don't forget us on Soldat, have fun out there.

Serpent_
May 5, 2005, 9:54 pm
Adios amigo.

hock3y
May 5, 2005, 10:03 pm
I didn't really know you, but you sound like a great person. Thanks for volunteering to defend our country :), I wish you luck everywhere you go, and a safe return.

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 10:37 pm
always sad to see a soldat player leave.. GL out there

lieroguy
May 6, 2005, 12:28 am
I promised my girlfriend that I would take her to the movies today. So I so I will not be on U13 at 9:00... I'll be late. 9:30 will be more like it. Her and I are going to go see XXX: State of The Union. How appropriate...

Serpent_
May 6, 2005, 1:36 am
quote:Originally posted by lieroguyI promised my girlfriend that I would take her to the movies today. So I so I will not be on U13 at 9:00... I'll be late. 9:30 will be more like it. Her and I are going to go see XXX: State of The Union. How appropriate...
Tell me how that is and maybe I will be on at the same time as you.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 2:09 am
c yas

AerialAssault
May 6, 2005, 3:05 am
good luck and i hope you find what you are looking for in life in the military.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 6, 2005, 3:52 am
i have played with you a couple times and you are good. i know what it feels like for your family. my cousin left for basic...but hes back now. in a few more weeks he will be gone again. he is going to officers school(hes training to become a helicopter pilot). Good Luck and have fun :p

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 3:55 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixi have played with you a couple times and you are good. i know what it feels like for your family. my cousin left for basic...but hes back now. in a few more weeks he will be gone again. he is going to officers school(hes training to become a helicopter pilot). Good Luck and have fun :p

same here(well hes my stepbrother so we have the same cousin) Liero...you were a great player hope to see you in the next year. Good Luck and have fun :p

lieroguy
May 6, 2005, 4:00 am
Argh. I went to see a movie with my girl, and by the time we got back Flies was just going to bed and the server was packed. Yargh.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 4:33 am
dude my friend Eddie is going to Benning (Georia correct?)

thats great that your doing what your doing and choosing it as a career. i might go into the Marines but i havent decided upon it yet.

didnt know you personally but still sad to see you leave the forums and soldat itself

do your best little Soldat

Vijchtidoodah
May 6, 2005, 5:57 am
quote:Originally posted by lieroguyArgh. I went to see a movie with my girl, and by the time we got back Flies was just going to bed and the server was packed. Yargh.

Lol, so that's why I didn't see you in there...

m00`
May 6, 2005, 6:55 am
good bye liero

Swebonny
May 6, 2005, 8:23 am
meh..lieroguy.. i didnot know that :D :P

Teh Panda
May 6, 2005, 8:25 am
Bye liero. :)

STEELIX
May 6, 2005, 10:06 am
Ciao. Be sure to shoot some of those monkeys while you're there...

lieroguy
May 6, 2005, 4:43 pm
This is my final post, guys. I'm having a farewell celebration with my friends (we go to the firing range, blow stuff up and grill out there, then we go to my friend's house and drink till we can't remember our legs). The next morning I leave to spend a last week with my family.

I'll miss you guys. Thanks for all of your encouagement. You can, if you want to, keep in touch with me by E-mail.

lieroguy@yahoo.com <----My adresss.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 5:36 pm
:( hes gone

Swebonny
May 6, 2005, 6:44 pm
:`(( this is tha badest time in my soldat 2.5 years soldat history

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 8:30 pm
I feel bad I didn't get to know you man. Have fun, stay safe, and remember to come back to the forums Lieroguy.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 10:13 pm
a question.. if we can keep in touch with him by mail, it means he has internet acess. and if he has he can log in to soldatforums.. no?

blackdevil0742
May 6, 2005, 10:30 pm
well... I guess that he could. But when he checks his email is because his family maybe has send something and that's more important than logging in here.

Deleted User
May 7, 2005, 3:36 am
but... we are his family too.. :P

May 7, 2005, 9:35 am
I wish you good luck. take pics for us and stay alive so michal can create real life based maps! Remember, we'll always be thinking about u.

SPARTAN_III
May 7, 2005, 5:40 pm
look man, i really didn't know you at all, but good luck and hopefully, pwn.

*salutes*

Will
May 12, 2005, 11:34 am
dammit i missed liero going, that was so emotional, dont get killed out there dude.

KICK ASS SOLDAT STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who flung poo
May 13, 2005, 2:49 am
I know im to late but if you ever read this again lieroguy I wish you the best of luck and also you may not remember this but you are the man who told me Soldat is a game to play not abolished and since that time 14 months ago I have spent my time in solitude and than finally after 1 year and 2 months I am finally ready to play Soldat online but alas I have come here and found out it is to late I hope within 5 years I will see you again before I too go to college I wish you the best of luck

Good bye good friend,
Private Johnson

aprilninety
May 14, 2005, 7:36 pm
I'm proud to know you, lieroguy.

Do your country proud, please dont get fatigued by all the protests that are happening here. They only know half the story.

only drink the bottled/boiled water!

Messiah
May 15, 2005, 4:22 am
Dude, im sorry to hear this...I havent known you that long or that well, but that is really sad to hear you leave man, good luck my friend we will meet again...but not yet...not yet..

T-Money
May 17, 2005, 7:36 am
Good luck. Even though I don't know you and haven't even been here in a long time, I have the highest repect for you in that you are going to be serving your country.

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 10:59 am
Good Luck, homes..
What a sad thing.. Soldat could use more players like you..
See you in a few years, Bro'..

DT
May 17, 2005, 8:17 pm
damn i never was able to tell him that i...
faced him several times under a different name other then DT...