( search forums )
set servers ip address
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
kib
May 6, 2005, 2:09 am
on a system that have multiple IP addresses how do I tell soldat to only listen on one certain IP? I see nothign in soldats.ini that has any affect on telling the server to use a certain IP. My server has /29 block of IPS and it keeps wanting to use the first IP which is the only IP cant allow it to use since its reserved for the servers own use.

also a side question
why in the world does the linux version of the server come in winzip format?
thats eems pretty counter productive

FliesLikeABrick
May 6, 2005, 4:07 am
currently you cannot set which IP/NIC to use, unless maybe there is a third party program that can do it.

as for the side question, i suppose that is because 1) that is the same download windows users use, and also 2) most people who run linux servers download the install to their home computer, unzip it, then upload it to a rented server somewhere. cant linux unzip the "winzip format"? I was under the impression it was the standard zip format, but maybe that just isnt used on linux at all

kib
May 6, 2005, 9:58 am
we have gzip and bzip2
neither are at all compatable with winzip or winrar

I did however find something called pkzip which has open source so I was able to compile it and get at these files. Unfortunately winzip and winrar are not al that opern when it comes to their source not to mention they want to charge peope for the use of their not so compatable software. Only a windows user would be dumb enough to pay for such things. ( no offense to any of you who use windows)

The first IP on the system is used for the VPN/IPSEC and its a 10/8 address which also requires encryption. I have racoon running on it and it links all my servers together in a secure encrypted environment from each location where I host servers acorss the internet. So maybe I can make a work around or write a patch if I can check go download the source I can probably figure something out. Or maybe I can isntall pf/altq to redirct these packets tot he VON address and encrypt them.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 10:00 am
you cannot assign a static IP address to your Dynamic IP server.

Only solution is http://no-ip.com

FliesLikeABrick
May 6, 2005, 5:16 pm
enesce, he was asking if you could tell soldat which IP to use, say, if a server has two NICs or some other means of having other addresses.

n00bface
May 6, 2005, 5:59 pm
I know linux (At least Fedora Core 2) comes with an 'unzip' command by default.