( search forums )
US Carbine Rifle ( Ruger Replacement )
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Kyklis
May 7, 2005, 12:51 am
This is my first mod ever. It replaces ruger, and does have a new firing sound and for the heck of it the weapon name is changed too. The files are all in one folder, so you'll have to put them where they each belong. They go in the following folders:
6.bmp = Interface-GFX/Guns
ruger77-2.bmp + ruger77 = Weapons GFX
ruger77-fire.wav = SFX
weaponnames.txt = Txt
Most people know where those all are, I know, but I figured I might as well. Of course, a screenie.
[IMAGE]
And the file.
[URL]
Please leave comments, but tell me how to improve as well. Also tell me what you think of the weapon firing sound.

EDIT: I fixed up the Interface GFX a bit. Also, before you ask. the mp5 looks real messed up because I was doing a WH40K mod then quit halfway through :P.

Krios
May 7, 2005, 12:55 am
looks a bit retarded?? but it's good. cools

Kyklis
May 7, 2005, 12:59 am
Im not sure i understand you. It looks retarded...but its good and cool? Explain your faulty logic :P.

Deleted User
May 7, 2005, 1:50 am
Looks somewhat deformed for a rifle, at least with the stock portion of the gun. Other than that, the graphics are good. Nice work.

Krios
May 7, 2005, 2:07 am
excactly what Lapis said...now i don't have to explain.

_Mancer_
May 7, 2005, 2:47 am
Fix the ass of it. (The brown part that looks like a box, if you didn't catch on)

Famine
May 7, 2005, 3:05 am
stop being an attention whore (you mancer, if you didn't catch on)

Iowa.
May 7, 2005, 3:35 am
What is up with your MP5 too? The thing is too square. All of it.

Deleted User
May 7, 2005, 3:42 am
its weird shape hit me immediatly.. :P

Deleted User
May 7, 2005, 5:24 am
make the butt thinner

and hk mp5...? lol...

SPARTAN_III
May 7, 2005, 5:49 pm
it looks abit.....crap?

but do what mancer said, make the ass of it thinner and make the front of it thicker

wtf is with ur mp5?

caliber
May 7, 2005, 6:25 pm
ROFLMFAO AT THE MP5. AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Serpent_
May 7, 2005, 7:08 pm
pretty nice.

Kyklis
May 8, 2005, 12:25 am
Oh. XD. The MP5 is because I was working on a WH40K mod. But then I gave up :P. I need to change it back to original lol.

reckon
May 8, 2005, 12:28 am
It looks unproportional, other than that, nice job at shading and whatnot.

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 12:36 am
the soldier who was carrying that must have dropped it a few times to attempt a barret pickup or something cause it looks like a sweeping broom..
that's the hard truth, man :|

but it looks nice ingame.

Kyklis
May 8, 2005, 1:06 am
Alright. I worked on the interface picture a bit more, considering that was the main problem. I made 3 more. Tell me which one is the best, and then how good it even is :P. And if you could give a few more tips on how to improve it, that would be great.
[IMAGE]
The third one looks terrible, I know. But its not like i'll end up using it :P. Oh, and has anyone even heard the firing sound? I thought it was good.

.alex.oner.
May 8, 2005, 2:36 am
2nd one looks nice..

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 2:58 am
[IMAGE]

I like this one more.

Kyklis
May 8, 2005, 4:10 am
Lapis, it looks good yea. Sorta like a shotgun, but the point is this is a Carbine Rifle. The more it gets changed the less it looks like the real thing.

Elemental
May 8, 2005, 4:30 am
from the choices, i like the 1st one best

Kyklis
May 8, 2005, 4:53 am
I finished fixing it up .The changes are in the first post, i ended up using the second of the choices.

_Mancer_
May 8, 2005, 6:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Faminestop being an attention whore (you mancer, if you didn't catch on)

What are you talking about? Take you're 'internet bully' status and shove it out you're ass, because you sound like a total moron.

Kyklis
May 8, 2005, 7:11 am
Well said mancer. Does the ass look better? Or still like sh*t. ( Excuse the pun )

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 8:48 am
the third one looks real cool cause it looks like a shotgun..:)

Kyklis
May 8, 2005, 10:34 pm
Maybe HHH...but Its a US Carbine remember :P.

SPARTAN_III
May 9, 2005, 12:12 pm
omfg....lol i use the 3rd one as a knife!

lapis's one is nice.

Kyklis
May 9, 2005, 3:59 pm
OMG! It does look like a knife XD. Lapis's does look nice, but it sorta looks less like a Carbine Rifle :P.