( search forums )
Exploding head boxes...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain Ben
May 7, 2005, 1:45 pm
That are yellow, have a black question mark on them and either give you a bonus, or cause your head to explode. 50% chance of either.

As Chakra once said, discuss.

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 5:04 pm
idk i think it sounds about half retarded

paramud
May 8, 2005, 5:35 pm
did you even think this through before you posted?

Mini Man
May 8, 2005, 6:23 pm
urmm...sounds a bit like Mario, with the little question marks which you jump and hit, and get a mushroom or something?

My View : No.

eagleclaw364
As someone once said, wtf?

Deleted User
lol ! its not so bad idea I like it but I think it wouldnt fit to soldat :\

FliesLikeABrick
May 8, 2005, 6:30 pm
I don't really like it... it sounds like the kinda thing meant for an arcade game or something else. It would be too easy to get it by accident

quote:Originally posted by Captain Ben
As Chakra once said, discuss.

the only time that chakra said that was when Camping Carl was on his account and said "I have a british penis, discuss"

SPARTAN_III
May 9, 2005, 2:37 am
it sounds retarded. no.

Keron Cyst
May 9, 2005, 2:51 am
It wouldn't fit with Soldat :-/

Cookie`
May 9, 2005, 3:29 am
Ahahaha it would be hilarious :P Soldat needs arcade mode :P thats the only way it would fit in with insane bonuses like reverse controls and aim decreased speed/increased speed, random boxes as you said ahah me wants or a bonus that sets everything to bullet time :P

Spectral
May 9, 2005, 3:31 am
lol, it would be pretty funny. I wouldn't mind at all if it were an option.

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 12:02 pm
i like it...... SO YOU MUST LIKE IT TO!!!!

Alamo
May 10, 2005, 5:39 pm
50%? Please use them, twice or thrice, to be sure.

BManx2000
May 10, 2005, 7:44 pm
I support this idea, but only if a digitized Strong Bad head appears and says "Your Head A Splode".

DT
May 10, 2005, 8:36 pm
That was funny... but random
i don't think MM can do that...

Captain Ben
May 10, 2005, 11:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
the only time that chakra said that was when Camping Carl was on his account and said "I have a british penis, discuss"

I was poking fun :(
Anyways, seeing as everyone pretty much hates this idea (Dascoo doesn't count), I actually do like the idea of an overpowered arcade mode. The powerups could be strange and random, and EACH HAS A 50% CHANCE OF EXPLODING YOUR HEAD!!!
So it it worth it? You see your opponent running on the roof thanks to the reverse gravity box, so should you try to get the ROFL missile box, or should you risk fighting him powerup-less?
The Choice is Yours.

Deleted User
May 10, 2005, 11:32 pm
What in the world?? Uhg......no....no

Alamo
May 12, 2005, 8:38 pm
Captain Ben, excuse me, but please just shut the hell up or think about your ideas and post seriously -.-

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 9:15 pm
In a bad mood today? :p Sure its dumb but.......eek, you dont need to crush him up spit him out and step on him ;)

Captain Ben
May 13, 2005, 7:28 am
Thanks Feild Marshall :(
quote:Originally posted by AlamoCaptain Ben, excuse me, but please just shut the hell up or think about your ideas and post seriously -.-

:(
Just because I have a sense of humour and I enjoy rando events doesn't mean I don't think seriously.
i think it would be fun to take a chance in order to smite your opponent.
Continuing with the 50/50 chance thing, perhaps the box could take health or...?

Alamo
May 13, 2005, 1:20 pm
But I think you and some others agree with me that 'exploding head boxes' are not an idea that you thought about much. I didn't want to crush... etc. you, if I did, sorry.

Raptor
May 13, 2005, 4:10 pm
It would suck, we're not playing Mario Bros...

UltraMagnus
May 15, 2005, 10:18 am
no thanks, seems too much of a cartoony nintendo like idea if you ask me

Captain Ben
May 15, 2005, 10:41 am
A bit late...
I just think it would be fun to have risks taken too far, just in a separate game mode.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 15, 2005, 10:49 am
yeah it would turn into mario