( search forums )
A great bot idea!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Camkill
May 7, 2005, 7:05 pm
im sorry if this has been posted already since I do not know how to search i am sincerley sorry, but my idea HAS to get out!

just like ALT + 0-9 is taunts,
CTRL + 0-9 Should be preset and programmed UNCHANGABLE bot commands, with differences between the sets of commands for CTF TDM INF etc.
like in CTF u can tell bots say CTRL + 4 (Guard Base) or have like bot specific commanding as well like u can type /Blake C4
(C4 standing for Command 4 or CTRL + 4) and then only "Blake" will carry out these orders! aside from telling me that this has already been posted please just let me know what you think..... :DThanks

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 5:07 pm
man that sounds really cool
although i never play with bots unless its like a crap load of zombies but i know friends who do

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 6:27 pm
This sounds very interesting and very cool , this could make play with bots even more interesting and funneh :D

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 8:19 pm
that would mean that maps and map maker would have to have a function to tell where is a base and so on..
(i think i saw that somewhere maybie in quake3)

I'm for the idea!

Keron Cyst
May 8, 2005, 9:19 pm
Yea, I think it'd be better as / commands; e.g.
/Kruger gb (Guard Base)
/John a (Attack)
/Billy cm (Cover Me)
/Boogieman f (Freelance)

And so on. I like this idea :)

Avarax
May 8, 2005, 10:20 pm
i support that idea!

Gen0cide
May 8, 2005, 10:23 pm
Why not guard flag instead of guard base,then theres a set perimeter ,so that way you dont have to set anything on mapmaker?

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 11:56 pm
sounds like a cool idea :D

SPARTAN_III
May 9, 2005, 2:38 am
hell yes.

kwanfei
May 9, 2005, 9:22 pm
Good idea, but this has been suggested already

zyxstand
May 9, 2005, 11:31 pm
some problems:
who gets control over these bots? every player? admin only? or admin gives rights to certain ppl over certain bots who in turn get rights to give other ppl rights to get these rights but only for the bots that the player was originally given rights for? lol

anyways - cool idea! also another add-on: when u have rights over certain bots, they should get numbers above their heads (where playa indicator would be) to use numbers instead of bot names; ie: "/1 C4" as in bot numbered 1 defends base or ie: "/1-3 C7" meaning bots numbered 1 through 3 do command 7 (w.e that is)

and perhaps ppl can just type commands such as "/2 C3" if they have no rights and a message to current right-haver says "allow player.name to command bot 2 for C3" (but only in your console) and you can use vote-buttons F12 / F11 to say yes / no, respectively.

...just some ideas...

Deleted User
May 10, 2005, 12:22 am
I like the idea, it would just have the problems people have already pointed out, as well as major remapping of all waypoints in maps, probably. (Not likely though).

kwanfei
May 10, 2005, 8:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandsome problems:
who gets control over these bots? every player? admin only? or admin gives rights to certain ppl over certain bots who in turn get rights to give other ppl rights to get these rights but only for the bots that the player was originally given rights for? lol

the solution in the last post is simple play only,which is the way to do it

Hanz
May 10, 2005, 10:59 pm
I posted this idea before, and I still belive it is a great idea, Im all for it!

Captain Ben
May 10, 2005, 11:54 pm
Would there be /gs? A groups suicide option?

EspaceeMegadeth
May 15, 2005, 11:55 am
Wonderful idea.Really liked it ;)

Rhombus
May 15, 2005, 5:23 pm
oh my, It will create a new game mode: Siege
Everybody has his own team of bots, all with knives (being medieval 'n [IMAGE], probably modded into swords, or even bare handed, like zombies) you play in maps like bridge, where the 2 players (the kings) stand on top of the pillars. The army of bots stand under you, and then, you both press Alt+1 (what you have modded into the taunt: charge!) and then press ctrl+1 (attack command) And the armies storm at eachother. Of course you need bigger maps than bridge, and you need to play in survival, so the ground will be filled with bodies, and the remaining army can go up and kill the king. better map in ascii:

castle+red king.......red army+blue army.......Blue king+castle
red army kills blue army, and marches on to the blue king, kills him, and another game commences. Sounds cool.

Or even one city (troy perhaps) and the trojans stay there, and kill any incoming greeks, while the greeks have to take down the city.

Deleted User
May 15, 2005, 7:23 pm
you would probably put your cursor over them then do the crtl+4 to guard the base.

Deleted User
May 15, 2005, 8:43 pm
That would be really cool if we could...

Jamesmax0
May 23, 2005, 1:27 am
Ill have to support this idea, then maybe we could use bots in the most funny situations (ie, use them to rush a camper). It'd make movies eaiser also

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 8:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rhombusoh my, It will create a new game mode: Siege
Everybody has his own team of bots, all with knives (being medieval 'n [IMAGE], probably modded into swords, or even bare handed, like zombies) you play in maps like bridge, where the 2 players (the kings) stand on top of the pillars. The army of bots stand under you, and then, you both press Alt+1 (what you have modded into the taunt: charge!) and then press ctrl+1 (attack command) And the armies storm at eachother. Of course you need bigger maps than bridge, and you need to play in survival, so the ground will be filled with bodies, and the remaining army can go up and kill the king. better map in ascii:

castle+red king.......red army+blue army.......Blue king+castle
red army kills blue army, and marches on to the blue king, kills him, and another game commences. Sounds cool.

Or even one city (troy perhaps) and the trojans stay there, and kill any incoming greeks, while the greeks have to take down the city.

Quite good idea, though the 'kings' should have some last resort weapons, like nades or something.