( search forums )
realistic grenade
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
idioto3
May 7, 2005, 9:53 pm
on realistic mode, it would be cool if the grenades did not blow up when you throw it against a player/barrier. Instead, it will bounce off a little or something like that, then blow up depending on the time limit, like a real grenade. Yes, its harder, but hey its more challenging.

Mini Man
May 8, 2005, 6:28 pm
But...this has been like this in soldat for ages, i doubt it'll ever change.

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 6:30 pm
Hmm ...interesting , harder and challenging but I dont like it ...
and against BARRIERS ??? that should stop ...no fly through it :\

Michal
May 8, 2005, 7:57 pm
Actually, I would like to see this in realistic. Grenades on a timer makes sense.

Keron Cyst
May 8, 2005, 9:20 pm
The grenades are already on a timer. It's that they blow up when they just touch a soldat which is what's unrealistic. I mean, I can understand if a soldat steps on a grenade and it detonates, but just conking his head and it exploding from that... :-P

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 9:52 pm
not a bad idea.. but duno.. the hit player and explode thing I want to keep, but mabe not exploding when it hits colliders. then it could bounce off

SPARTAN_III
May 9, 2005, 2:39 am
in real we should be able to hold E and cook the grenade before throwing.....now ppl will overcook to suicide lol

Keron Cyst
May 9, 2005, 2:53 am
But you wouldn't be able to tell when the timer starts ticking since it doesn't go off if you just tap the Throw Grenade key...

Cookie`
May 9, 2005, 3:27 am
say above your soldat it could display a timer or in the interface like 3.0000 and have it go down --->

SPARTAN_III
May 9, 2005, 12:01 pm
standard frags have a 5-second fuse. it goes off once you hit throw grenade

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 12:06 pm
no there 3 seconds i think...... make it like a halo 2 grenade, when it hits something it'll explode 2 seconds after or something because of accidental detonation.(i was reading from the manual)

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 12:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIin real we should be able to hold E and cook the grenade before throwing.....now ppl will overcook to suicide lol

I know I would. :)

SPARTAN_III
May 9, 2005, 1:45 pm
as would i, cow. as would i.

its 5 secs not 3! i dont rely like halo ideas

R0L4ND
May 9, 2005, 2:32 pm
5 second fuse is standard. Although you've got your regular 1-2 second deviations on the fuse.

i am ahab
May 9, 2005, 2:43 pm
that sounds like a good idea.
in fact hows about mines? to make up for the fact that grenades no longer explode when you walk on them an alt could be mines. i mean this as a complementary thing to the grenades fuses not a stand alone secondary weap....

papasurf31
May 9, 2005, 2:57 pm
Yeah, like the counterstrike methdd. Hold E to pull the pin, then release to throw, so you can "cook" the nade and throw just so that it explodes right when you want it to. A timer shouldn't be included though, to make it more skill-based. Currently, the fuse on the nades is way to short if they are left untouched. Using this method, grenades can still be useful and lethal evemn without a a direct hit.