( search forums )
New gamemode idea: Escape.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Aquillion
May 8, 2005, 5:20 am
I don't think this one has been suggested before...

Anyway, in this mode, the teams are divided up into prisoners and guards. The guards want to keep the prisoners from 'escaping' by reaching a set point; the prisoners want to get past them and escape. After 'escaping' a prisoner respawns and tries to escape again.

The catch is that while the guards play as a team, the prisoners don't; each individual prisoner earns a bunch of points for reaching the escape point, but they are competing with each other as well as the guards. If one prisoner amasses enough points, he wins and the game ends. If time runs out before that, then the guards win.

It sometimes makes sense for prisoners to prevent other prisoners from escaping, shooting them in the back after they've dealt with all the guards! Likewise, prisoners can hurt each other even with friendly fire off, since they're technically not a 'team'.

It might sound hopelessly complex, but the actual gameplay is simple (guards kill prisoners and defend the escape point, prisoners try to reach the escape point alone and kill everyone as necessary.)

To help players get the idea, all the guards get the same color clothes; but prisoners get random-colored clothes (as long as it's not the guard's color.)

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 5:16 pm
that sounds kinda cool althought theres always going to be the noob that runs around just shooting his fellow prisoners

Elemental
May 8, 2005, 5:27 pm
Well, if you make it so the prisoner side has different clothes, but there's no friendly fire, then its ok, i think..but this sounds like a LOT of fun!

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 6:25 pm
Hmm ...sound quite fun :D

Mini Man
May 8, 2005, 6:26 pm
Hmmm, sounds kind of fun, but i doubt it'll be implemented into Soldat :(

Deleted User
May 8, 2005, 6:56 pm
hmm sounds like more then a lot of fun..
well as bigger the maps are as more dificult it would be..

maybe its useful if u can set places (some were at the map or at the beginning) were the prisoners can get weapons... would be very very cool..

or maybe some (more) silent weapons ( injection, bow/crossbow, teaser)
ok some doesn't fit into soldat but would be nice for this mode

ah im in hope of this in further versions

FliesLikeABrick
May 8, 2005, 7:49 pm
usually, i don't care for gamemode ideas because they are too similar to ones that are already in play, but i like this one.

Gen0cide
May 8, 2005, 9:46 pm
This would also be good if the prisoners were on a team.
And I think they should have a place near they're spawn to pickup weapons but they don't start with any,except maybe a knife....to make it more realistic :)(Prisoners cant hold barretts in they're prison...but they might find a weapon after they get out and walk around a tiny bit..like where a guard might get his weapon from.

Green Barret
May 9, 2005, 8:32 am
^I agree with him.^

If inf_invation is ruined by people m79 jumping over the top, think what would happen if the prisoners got m79s and miniguns or spas. They be surfing all over the place, making them difficult to kill before escaping.

m00`
May 9, 2005, 8:59 am
this would be good but prisoners should only be equipped with knives and they should be in a team, the guards should have ak's and Laws. when a prisoner escapes, the score goes to the whole team... that would be a little less confusing me thinks and there wouldnt be psycho prisoners killing each other

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 12:02 pm
This sounds cool.

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 12:07 pm
howabout they have no guns?

EXR3dn3ck
May 9, 2005, 1:36 pm
it sounds cool but u would have to have alot of people playing cause one on one is just like a deathmatch

.alex.oner.
May 9, 2005, 6:06 pm
hmm, i like this idea, and making maps for it would be fun fun fun!!

wunderbear
May 9, 2005, 9:08 pm
good idea!

I would play that. Then someone could make Esc_Colditz.

kwanfei
May 9, 2005, 9:21 pm
Great idea, i think this mode would be fun

what about all the guards wear the red thing on their head(the one in Rambo mode)

Deleted User
May 10, 2005, 12:18 am
Or even Esc_Wolfenstein!!!!111

lastpatriot
May 10, 2005, 1:27 am
Esc_Alcatraz.

DeMonIc
May 10, 2005, 8:10 am
I like this idea a lot. But one thing though: I don't think this could be played in public.. I mean, even Rambo and teammatch are hard to play nowadays, and those don't require too much thinking, now do they?
Hmm, maybe to make it more competitive, the prisoners should have some kind of shared point pool... I mean, if one of them reaches the goal, he takes points from the others. Like -10 from all prisoners, -5 to all guards, but he gets +10/prisoner and +5/guard. That'd be fun.

i am ahab
May 10, 2005, 5:45 pm
this is 2 thumbs fresh!

points pooling could work.

also, im not sure if its implementable, but how about some layers that the prisoner could hide behind. maybe that sounds silly but i mean like if a player lies down behind a bush that is a certain layer type then the guards cannot see him, but he can see them. then if a map has multiple exits and if there werent enough guards to properly cover them all then the escapee can bide his time till making a move.
it'd help with changing the speed of some games depending on the map.

also maybe bonus points for knife kills, as they'd be silent. and it wouldnt alert other guards as to where you are...
hang on im going all splinter cell...
:s
mmmm green goggles for my third eye....

wunderbear
May 10, 2005, 7:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriotEsc_Alcatraz.

Esc_NewYork.

EspaceeMegadeth
May 15, 2005, 12:01 pm
good idea.

Deleted User
May 15, 2005, 7:25 pm
POW and escape sound the same

Hoodlum
May 15, 2005, 8:04 pm
I like this idea.