( search forums )
Recommend some music
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
R0L4ND
May 8, 2005, 8:31 pm
Hey everyone. I'd like to recommend and request recommendations from you.

First off, anyone who likes metal should definately check out Plug-In (Free tracks at http://stage.vitaminic.com/main/plug_in/) and Meshuggah (http://www.meshuggah.net)
Plug-In's a progressive metal group that sports many different sources of inspiration. Meshuggah's a balls-to-the-walls metal band that has got to be checked out if you like heavy/extreme/experimental metal.

Second off, anyone who likes jazz, funk and soul should definately check out Fun Lovin Criminals (http://www.fun-lovin-criminals.co.uk/indexflash.html - old site, but they've got some samples of their songs. Should be enough to get you hooked) and Jamiroquai. Most of you are assumable acquainted with Jamiroquai already, but go ahead and buy some of their CD's if you found atleast something to enjoy in their singles - they've got some real quality musical craftsmanship in there. FLC is in the same league, albeit a bit more special. They mix jazz, funk, a bit of soul with a pinch of hip-hop. Yet again, definately worth checking out if you're into that kind of music.

Now - I'm wondering if anyone of you have some tips of good club/dance/trance? Lately, I've been getting totally hooked. The music I'm looking for should be in the likes of Chemical Brothers "Hey boy hey girl" and "The boxer", as well as Prodigy's "Firestarter" and "Breathe".

Maxx
May 8, 2005, 9:01 pm
Sandstorm by Darude.

Elemental
May 8, 2005, 9:01 pm
For the last part, check out.......Juno Reactor:Pistolero...
I think its the greatest song for Soldat..it has a techno-ish, a lil shooting in it, and a lil spanish xD..
But ya, any songs from juno reactor..most of his music is featured in the Matrix 1/2/3

Melba
May 8, 2005, 11:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by MaxxSandstorm by Darude.

OLD.

n00bface
May 8, 2005, 11:59 pm
First page of recommendations
Second page of recommendations
Third page of recommendations
Fourth page of recommendations

It's a screenshot of the super secret illegal piracy FTP server that I run for only the leetest of the leet. That is why there is a little bit of crap like Immortal Technique on it that somebody else uploaded. *cough* mister "tr00 viking".

And also sorry if it's hard to read, or stuff is out of place. I tell these damn people to upload in a format and rename their folders in a specific format and they don't [IMAGE]ing do it!!! Also sorry for stuff like Danzig and Misfits..I don't recommend those either..Dan is just obsessed with that Black Opera, punk and metalcore stuff.

As for Dance/Trance stuff, there is a good winamp streaming station (Digitally Imported) usually on the front of page of ShoutCast. They have a server for almost every genre, and multiple for Dance / Trance. The best way to find new music is to first hear it somewhere else.

Maxx
May 9, 2005, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Melbaquote:Originally posted by MaxxSandstorm by Darude.

OLD.

But good.

Milkman Dan
May 9, 2005, 5:27 am
AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA look on the 2nd page of recommendations, it has the "death cab for cutie" empty folder i put up there yarhahahaha

DeafBox
May 9, 2005, 6:50 am
nice collection n00bface (Y)

reckon
May 9, 2005, 7:12 am
Twelve Gauge Valentine.

b00stA
May 9, 2005, 4:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by R0L4NDThe music I'm looking for should be in the likes of Chemical Brothers "Hey boy hey girl" and "The boxer", as well as Prodigy's "Firestarter" and "Breathe".
You're looking for "Big Beat" / "Funky breaks"

Might want to check out those artists, along with the Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy:
Fatboy Slim
The Crystal Method
and perhaps Orbital or Plaid, although they're probably a bit different (much better imho.)

R0L4ND
May 9, 2005, 7:44 pm
I just stumbled upon what I presently think is the best club/dance-radio station ever. blendRadio! It's wonderful!

Outcast
May 9, 2005, 8:11 pm
Weichentehnikk - [IMAGE] you - Schranz( i luv it)
Global Deejays - San Francisco - Club/House
Global Deejays - What a feeling - Club/House
Benni Bennasi - Satisfaction - Club/House
Public Domain - Operation Blade(club remix) - somewhat melodic Techno
can't think of any more atm.

Lt. Sneezy
May 9, 2005, 8:29 pm
The Mars Volta--De-loused in the Comatorium
Get stoned, put on that album, and play Soldat.
Cream dream.

Maxx
May 9, 2005, 9:43 pm
DJ Icey and DJ Baby Anne are also good for breakbeats.

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 6:19 am
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
AFI
DFB
DJ Tiesto
DJ Adolf
Aphex Twin
KMFDM
Mindless Self Inludgence
Misfits
Pixies
Queen
Rammstein
Rob Zombie
White Zombie
Run DMC
Skinny Puppy
Zeromancer

Fight Club Soundtrack
Boondock Saints Soundtrack
those are better when your playing Soldat

hope that helps

R0L4ND
May 12, 2005, 1:15 pm
I've never really checked out Aphex Twin. I'll probably swing around and do it. Thanks!

mar77a
May 12, 2005, 10:07 pm
Pink Floyd - Live in Pompeii DVD

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 10:47 pm
Interphase - Dr feelgood. thats the kind of music I like.. no heavy metal crap

that fuking sniper
May 12, 2005, 11:53 pm
Prodigy - Smack My [IMAGE] Up; Jericho; One Man Army.

Famine
May 13, 2005, 12:08 am
My CD will kick ass, I recommend that.

enjoyincubus
May 13, 2005, 5:07 pm
quote: I've never really checked out Aphex Twin. I'll probably swing around and do it. Thanks!

While you're at it, check out anything else Richard James has ever touched. Simply amazing.

quote: The Mars Volta--De-loused in the Comatorium
Get stoned, put on that album, and play Soldat.
Cream dream.

I'm willing to bet you're right. Just promise me you'll never see them live. It doesn't matter if you do, but I just want to save you the boredom you'll suffer. They're by far one of the worst live bands of prog rock, if there's such a thing as a good live prog rock band. It's just too hard to recapture all the emotion live, I guess.

Deleted User
May 14, 2005, 4:56 pm
James Blunt - Back To Bedlam

My favouritest album atm.