( search forums )
Xbox 360 -- Live Shots!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Iowa.
May 9, 2005, 2:01 am
I know I know. Xbox 360 is going to be officially shown on MTV on May 12. But, why not get a taste of it now? I used the search function and found nothing on this. So o well.

These aren't 100% positive pictures, considering you can't always be sure on these things.
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Those are just some of them. If this has already been discussed, then please lock this topic. I don't want to spam.

Some things I noticed were:

It has one player slot.
Controllers use battery packs.
The middle button on the controller will must be likely used as a button (read it somewhere).

Cookie`
May 9, 2005, 2:25 am
Yea ive seen most of those photos before :P llooks pretty cool

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 2:29 am
Looks ugly to me.

Famine
May 9, 2005, 2:32 am
Wow, what a [IMAGE]ING SLOT! Microsoft sux...and so does mtv.

Iowa.
May 9, 2005, 2:34 am
My theory is this:

Since they are wireless right? Maybe all the controllers connect to one wireless adapter, but tuning into a frequency. Sounds like impossible for a console, but I think that is what is going to happen :).

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 2:41 am
I despise that name, it's horrible. The XBOX FS sounded better to me "F*ck Sony" hehehe.

That's just one of the "supposed" prototypes that they have devoloped.
Despite the files name, this has actually been verified as the XBOX FS
[IMAGE]

I'm still waiting for them to release the XBAK though

AerialAssault
May 9, 2005, 4:16 am
acually, the controllers are all wireless, so theres no need for controller ports. and swazo, the pictures he just showed us are real. THAT IS what its going to look like. but god...what an ugly controller.

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 4:39 am
the controllers look like sega dreamcast controllers....

Cookie`
May 9, 2005, 4:59 am
Note to trunkmonkey
You sir are retarded ^^
[IMAGE]

Norse
May 9, 2005, 5:14 am
He meant they had the same ugly colors and the same ugly design, Cookie...geez.

.alex.oner.
May 9, 2005, 7:39 am
i will stick to my computer thanks :D

reckon
May 9, 2005, 8:25 am
Ill agree it is pretty unimpressive, but its whats on the inside that counts.
Haha, that sounded so cliche.
The controllers resemble 3rd party developed quality.

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 10:09 am
arhh!! i hate white! even the old ps1 looked better..

STEELIX
May 9, 2005, 2:54 pm
Bllaaa, that looks blightingly ugly..

papasurf31
May 9, 2005, 3:24 pm
XBox 360 "We're turning our console approach a full 360 degress and we're going in a completely...same...direction..." -Sean Blackley

SuperKill
May 9, 2005, 3:47 pm
the controllers look like [IMAGE]

Deleted User
May 9, 2005, 5:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultand swazo, the pictures he just showed us are real. THAT IS what its going to look like. but god...what an ugly controller.

My mistake, I misread Xbox's statement. I hope Microsoft doesn't go with their plan to release two versions of the 360, they should just release the premium one at a lower price.

quote:While the idea that there would be several models of Xbox 360 has been floating around for months, recently one rumor has begun to gather steam. The latest scuttlebutt has there being two versions of the console: A bare-bones, $299 version that won't be backward compatible or have a hard drive. For $100 more, you'll get a backward-compatible Xbox 360 bundled with an external hard drive and a WebTV peripheral that allows users to browse the Internet on their televisions. An intriguing theory to be sure, but is there any proof? Not until E3, unfortunately.

enjoyincubus
May 9, 2005, 7:25 pm
quote: i will stick to my computer thanks :D

Iowa.
May 9, 2005, 8:38 pm
I am hoping the console looks like that, but the controllers need a new look.

Also I forgot to say: They have fake consoles out. They say it is going to be it, just to find out who the snitch is in the company. So this might just be a fake (probally is).

SuperKill
May 9, 2005, 8:46 pm
swazo, check the image name.

_Mancer_
May 9, 2005, 9:49 pm
Wow what a suprise, its STILL [IMAGE]ing huge!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 9, 2005, 10:35 pm
Look here for stuff on Xbox360: http://xbox360.ign.com/

I personally dont like the name xbox360, but the rest seems pretty cool. The game called 2 days to vegas is looks pretty awesome too. The xb360 has 9ghz processing speed. It should be pretty impressive seeing as first one had only 700megs. Heres a screen of one of the new games called 2 days to vegas:
[IMAGE]

And at last, heres some of the games that they have coming out: http://xbox360.ign.com/index/games.html

You can find other stuff on that first link

wormdundee
May 10, 2005, 12:09 am
meh, if the info on the ps3 is right, it'll blow xbox's processing speed out of the water

Deleted User
May 10, 2005, 4:23 am
Cookie, as pinted out by Norse i meant the ugly grey box look.

Cookie`
May 10, 2005, 4:35 am
" the controllers look like sega dreamcast controllers...."
"ugly grey box look."

Man wtf the controller has smooth curves nothing like a box
And you originally said like a dreamcast controller and nothing is similar to the Xbox one

Go sit in the corner you dunce

-=Edit

As "pinted" out by Norse you say " He meant they had the same ugly colors and the same ugly design, Cookie...geez."

-=Edit Edit
Also the colours arn't the same either the top is white and the bottom is a dark grey :\ Foo

Nothing there about the same box design is there?

LazehBoi
May 10, 2005, 5:08 am
Apparently it's called the "Xbox 360" so it doesn't sound behind the supposed "Playstation 3". Kinda crappy but meh.

Also, these screenshots are old. Very old.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 12, 2005, 12:53 am
Is it supposed to be cool or something to be the first to find something on the internet? Just because you have seen it you said its very old. Its old to you. Not others. Not just you Lazeh, i <3 you.

enjoyincubus
May 12, 2005, 4:18 am
I don't know, why not become innovative and think of some original name? There are plenty of cool words to mix and match. Macromedia's done it in the past, with Shockwave and ColdFusion and Dreamweaver. Even though they've no role in the world of computers.

But, Frontpage? XBox? MS Office?

Don't jump on me for mixing software and hardware in the same bottle. I'm just saying. You didn't win the first time around with the XBox. Without a Halo3 to support the release of the new system, there's very little chance this POS will survive the harsh market. The controller is bleh, the system bears some semblance to my friends' pc tower (bashed and battered in the last hurricane), and overall it's destined for failure. External hard drive? One controller port? They're really rushing this thing through production.

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 5:53 am
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.i will stick to my computer thanks :D

yea ill stick to my friends computers

Captain Ben
May 12, 2005, 7:59 am
Meh. Ugly console, still big, but I'm looking forward to it... Though, I'm looking forward to the Nintendo Revolution...

Cookie`
May 17, 2005, 3:58 am
Thread Necromanced to front page!
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050516/sfm178.html?.v=2
[code]
PLAYSTATION®3 Specifications
Product name PLAYSTATION®3
Logo PLAYSTATION®3
CPU Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for
redundancy
total floating point
performance: 218 GFLOPS
GPU RSX @550MHz
1.8 TFLOPS floating point
performance
Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2
channels
Multi-way programmable parallel
floating point shader
pipelines
Sound Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-
base processing)
Memory 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz
256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz
System Bandwidth Main RAM 25.6GB/s
VRAM 22.4GB/s
RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s
(read)
SB 2.5GB/s (write) +
2.5GB/s (read)
System Floating Point Performance 2 TFLOPS
Storage HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1
I/O USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)
Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1
SD standard/mini x 1
CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1
Communication Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)
Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g
Bluetooth Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)
Controller Bluetooth (up to 7)
USB2.0 (wired)
Wi-Fi (PSP®)
Network (over IP)
AV Output Screen size 480i, 480p, 720p,
1080i, 1080p
HDMI HDMI out x 2
Analog AV MULTI OUT x 1
Digital audio DIGITAL OUT
(OPTICAL) x 1
Disc media CD PlayStation® CD-ROM
* read only PlayStation®2 CD-ROM
CD-DA CD-DA (ROM), CD-R,
CD-RW
SACD SACD Hybrid (CD
layer), SACD HD
DualDisc DualDisc (audio
side), DualDisc
(DVD side)
DVD PlayStation®2 DVD-ROM
PLAYSTATION®3 DVD-ROM
DVD-Video DVD-ROM, DVD-R,
DVD-RW, DVD+R,
DVD+RW
Blu-ray Disc PLAYSTATION®3 BD-ROM
BD-Video BD-ROM, BD-R,
BD-RE[/code]

Discuss

CrapBomba
May 17, 2005, 4:19 am
it has a headphone jack

LazehBoi
May 17, 2005, 4:53 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixIs it supposed to be cool or something to be the first to find something on the internet? Just because you have seen it you said its very old. Its old to you. Not others. Not just you Lazeh, i <3 you.

In the world of the internets, any news that's older than 3 days is old. <3

Wait. Oh [IMAGE]. I said screenshots.

Rhombus
May 17, 2005, 7:18 am
Thank god I don't have an XBoX, I would be ashamed, very ashamed.

Captain Ben
May 17, 2005, 10:38 am
I don't know... Once you get a Nintendo product, such as a console, you seem to stay loyal to it.
For life.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 17, 2005, 12:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by enjoyincubus

Don't jump on me for mixing software and hardware in the same bottle. I'm just saying. You didn't win the first time around with the XBox. Without a Halo3 to support the release of the new system, there's very little chance this POS will survive the harsh market. The controller is bleh, the system bears some semblance to my friends' pc tower (bashed and battered in the last hurricane), and overall it's destined for failure. External hard drive? One controller port? They're really rushing this thing through production.

I dont know where you guys are getting your info from but the xbox doesnt have an external hard drive. It's internal and can be taken out so it can be taken to a friends house to share large bits of info. There are no controller ports unless you are talking about the usb port in the back, and thats just if you want to charge your controller while playing. Where did you get all of its info? Please go here for stuff: http://xbox360.ign.com/ Its the best source for info that i have found. It's also just been announced that Square Enix will be bringing Final Fantasy XI to the XB360 for xbox live.

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 8:30 pm
I'm actually looking forward to that new Tony Hawk game for XBOX 360 on Live, that'll be wicked fun.

flab
May 17, 2005, 9:55 pm
PS3 details and pictures @ http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=8719

To me it looks alot better and the processing stuff looks awesome (not that i understand any of it). I don't like the look of the controllers though...

As for xbox 360, it will be good but i still think Sony has the edge over them, even if they do release it 9 months after

(i own a ps2 and xbox so im not really biased towards either)

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 10:15 pm
Even though I love XBOX, I actually do think Sony's gonna release the better system this time. Especially since they've got that deal with Blue Light

Kazuki
May 17, 2005, 11:18 pm
Wow! I just read the specifics on the PS3. When they say it's so much more like a PC, they're not kidding. It even has the power cord. It supports not only wireless controllers, but Wi-Fi (wireless internet connection). Also, it supports up to 7 controllers at a time without a multi-tap. That is amazing, as far as I can tell. It's not so much the things that the PS3 will be able to process that I'm psyched about, it's the hardware stuff and the convenience it brings.

PS3 kicks XBox 360's ass, eh? =|

May 17, 2005, 11:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenI don't know... Once you get a Nintendo product, such as a console, you seem to stay loyal to it.
For life.

Yes.

Maxx
May 18, 2005, 12:14 am
quote:Originally posted by KazukiWow! I just read the specifics on the PS3. When they say it's so much more like a PC, they're not kidding. It even has the power cord. It supports not only wireless controllers, but Wi-Fi (wireless internet connection). Also, it supports up to 7 controllers at a time without a multi-tap. That is amazing, as far as I can tell. It's not so much the things that the PS3 will be able to process that I'm psyched about, it's the hardware stuff and the convenience it brings.

Yes.

wormdundee
May 18, 2005, 12:15 am
exactly, as i mentioned at the top of this page, the PS3 will blow the xbox 360 out of the water

anyways, as for console loyalty, i had nintendo, super nintendo, and n64, and then i saw the crapheap that is gamecube and switched to playstation, it is the best, and that is pretty evident i think

b00stA
May 18, 2005, 2:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiIt even has the power cord.
Do you mean a "bigger" one like this? http://www.planet-elektronik.de/prods/1/485.jpg

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 18, 2005, 4:56 pm
THE CONTROLLERS ARE WIRELESS

BManx2000
May 18, 2005, 10:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by wormdundeeexactly, as i mentioned at the top of this page, the PS3 will blow the xbox 360 out of the water
Actually, what I've been hearing is that the PS3's odd cell thing is difficult as buggery to program for, so chances are most games won't take advantage of it.

flab
May 18, 2005, 10:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiWow! I just read the specifics on the PS3. When they say it's so much more like a PC, they're not kidding. It even has the power cord. It supports not only wireless controllers, but Wi-Fi (wireless internet connection). Also, it supports up to 7 controllers at a time without a multi-tap. That is amazing, as far as I can tell. It's not so much the things that the PS3 will be able to process that I'm psyched about, it's the hardware stuff and the convenience it brings.

I was under the impression the WiFi was for connectiong with the PSP, does it support an internet connection too? that would be pretty cool... anyway i'll be waiting for ps3, they reckon it'll be out next spring in Japan... so expect it round about October in the States and Britain :(

papasurf31
May 18, 2005, 11:15 pm
Anyone see the design for the Nintendo revolution? Looks like a shiny black DVD player missing a corner. Discuss.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 19, 2005, 4:21 am

YEY! They finally have more than 2 controller ports w/o a multitap. But seven? How are you going to split the screen 7 ways? I think all of them have good qualities and it depends on what you like:
Xbox360: Impressive Graphics and a really good online system
PS3: Very impressive specs so far
Revolution: Umm...Notmuch on that, but it looks cool

By the way, you can hook a psp to the xbox ( and any other usb device). I wonder what sony thinks about that.

Kazuki
May 19, 2005, 4:49 am
b00sta - Yes. It's the same type of power cord that my PC uses at least.

Flab - The common logic behind it is that if I managed to hook a PSP up to my modem by using Infrastructure mode, then I should be able to do the same with the PS3, seeing as how it is supposed to connect to the PSP in the same way that a modem connects to the PSP. That being said, it should be extremely easy to wirelessly hook up the PS3 to the internet using Infrastructure WiFi.

BManX - Actually, one of the representatives of game production companies (I think it was EA Games) said that it was very easy to code for the PS3 and he proved it by running a live demo or something like that. I read about it on GameSpot.com.

Papasurf - Yes, I read about the Nintendo Revolution, and I can honestly say that I am very disappointed. It seemed as though Nintendo were able to keep up with XBox and PS2, but they've drastically fallen behind with the Revolution. The only good feature that I've heard about it is that you can download some of the NES and SNES games for free onto the Revolution's hard drive. That's kick-ass news, but it's not worth getting the console for.

Mike - Yeah, I read about that, too. I don't know how the X360 - PSP thing works. Maybe XBox had to get Sony's permission, but then again, they are free to put USB ports on the console, and the PSP just happens to use a USB cord to establish a connection. Also, the PS3 clearly outperforms the XBox 360 in terms of hardware, but there are some features that will be available with the X360 that will not be available with the PS3, such as putting your face on any game character, including online play, or something like that. There are also plenty of XBox die-hard fans out there that are not willing to switch consoles because the PS3 might turn out a better choice. Also, Microsoft signed some sort of deal with Square Enix, so SE now makes games for the X360 as well. The first SE game to be released for the X360 will be Final Fantasy XI (Online). Both consoles have tremendously good sides, so it's pretty even at the moment:

PlayStation 3

+ Online video chat
+ Image, video, file storage, etc.
+ New slots for Memory Stick Duos and new memory cards
+ 7 wireless controllers at once
+ The ability to surf the internet
+ The amazing hardware specs
+ WiFi / Ethernet connection as a standard
+ Detatchable hard drive as a standard

XBox 360

+ The almost as amazing hardware specs
+ The plenty of fans
+ The new Square Enix contract
+ Wireless controllers (4 at a time)
+ WiFi / Ethernet connection as a standard
+ Detatchable hard drive as a standard
+ Ability to put your face on game characters
+ Ability to play music while playing a game

reckon
May 19, 2005, 6:07 am
quote:Originally posted by wormdundee...then i saw the crapheap that is gamecube and switched to playstation, it is the best, and that is pretty evident i think

Why is it a crapheap in your opinion?
Graphically its better than the ps2 and has the ability to produce better visuals, if RE4 was a launch title, peoples perspective of the GC would change.
Im agreeing with Ben on this one, once you get into Nintendo, you stay with it. They never seem to fail, ever.
Oh wait Vitual boy, my bad.
The Revolution will be the pinnacle of consoles.
Ever.

Captain Ben
May 19, 2005, 7:25 am
But anyway, I'm still looking forward to the Revolution...
Wireless multipleyer, DVD, Gamecube ports and wireless Revolution ports, etc.
But what has me really excited is the 20 years worth of games. You'll be able to download any Nintendo console game spanning back from the NES to the N64. AND IT'S FREE!!!!11
I know I may sound like a geeb, but I loved the gaming way more before the bloody games came. I still enjoy the really gory ones though.

reckon
May 19, 2005, 9:08 pm
I dont think its been confirmed that the games will be free.

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 9:18 pm
Even though they should be, they won't..Most likely you'll be able to buy a ton of them for very, very cheap though. I heard somewhere that for the PS3 you'll be able to output to two different TV's in order for the seven player split screen. Can anyone here confirm or deny that?

Captain Ben
May 20, 2005, 12:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by reckonI dont think its been confirmed that the games will be free.

I checked it out. They said for free. Anyway, for something like that, I'd pay!
Swazo, if it is seven players, won't the seventh person have to be in the middle of a television screen?

Kazuki
May 20, 2005, 1:07 pm
Swazo, it was confirmed at E3. They said that it worked best for video chat. It's like an enhanced TeamSpeak. You play on one screen and conversate visually on the other.

I don't know how the 7-player thing is going to work. Somehow, I have a hunch that it will have something to do with the odd player being on a second screen.

b00stA
May 20, 2005, 2:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazukib00sta - Yes. It's the same type of power cord that my PC uses at least.
That simply means that it's going to need a certain amount of power, since the smaller cables are "missing" one line that needs to be implemented when reaching a certain power level.
I can't really explain it, but it means that the new Xbox is going to pull more power.

Deleted User
May 20, 2005, 2:45 pm
I CANT GEEV IT ENY MO POWA CAPTAN! OM GEEVEN IT AWL SHEEZ GAWT!

Kazuki
May 20, 2005, 9:53 pm
Right, b00sta, that's what I mean. The consoles now require more power to run, just as a PC requires that nearly same amount of power.

Deleted User
May 20, 2005, 10:13 pm
You are supposed to buy consoles for the games. Not for any god damn system specs.

Captain Ben
May 21, 2005, 3:10 am
Yes. I miss the good ol' days when half of a games' coding didn't go to shadows and fog effects :P

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 3:20 am
Ben I love your avatar XD

Captain Ben
May 21, 2005, 8:58 am
Thank you, kind stranger. What console do you think has (Or had) the best controls?
My vote goes to the Super Nintendo controls. Add a joystick and I'd be in heaven!

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 3:51 pm
I think the original Sega controllers were the best, I always got dents in my hand from the Nintendo ones

Gen0cide
May 21, 2005, 10:12 pm
All the info you could possibly need :
http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15016-1985-4-4-x
Also the sequel to one of the best ps2 shooters:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone2/media.html?gcst=killzone2_ot_ps3_051605.asx

b00stA
May 22, 2005, 9:07 am
quote:Originally posted by KazukiRight, b00sta, that's what I mean. The consoles now require more power to run, just as a PC requires that nearly same amount of power.

Which is kinda BS since consoles used to be embedded systems, supposed for certain special tasks (PLAYING GAMES) and not all the stuff you can do today (linux on x-box etc.). The newer consoles are just computers with some modifications ;)

Edit: Swazo is right, the Sega (Saturn) controller is good.

caliber
May 22, 2005, 3:34 pm
Nintendo is getting freaking owned right now..lol. They seem to be slacking off quite a bit, and I don't see the Nintendo Revolution as a really good console..

Kazuki
May 22, 2005, 3:57 pm
Exactly, b00sta, except they cost a lot less than a computer with such raw power would cost. The efficiency of the XBox 360 and PS3 beats most, if not all PC's out there. That's because PC's are designed for so much more than just running 15 tasks at once.

reckon
May 22, 2005, 7:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by caliberNintendo is getting freaking owned right now..lol. They seem to be slacking off quite a bit, and I don't see the Nintendo Revolution as a really good console..

System specs dont mean a thing, Nintendo has proved time after time: Quality over quanity.
Its what you do with your power, not how much you have.
With the Revolution, the big N will put the others in their place.

Famine
May 23, 2005, 9:32 pm
Yea, by bumping and fumbling around the room as they accidently knock XBOX and PS3 becuase you cannot see a thing with taht damn visor.

frogboy
May 24, 2005, 2:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Famineaccidently knock XBOX

Yeah, it's that big, it's hard NOT to knock it.

kylerlandry
May 24, 2005, 5:22 am
quote:Originally posted by SwazoI CANT GEEV IT ENY MO POWA CAPTAN! OM GEEVEN IT AWL SHEEZ GAWT!

Man I just watched furn gully.....the bat says that when they're going to stop the machine.

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 5:49 am
the ps 3 looks way better but the ps3 controller is a piece of sh*t.

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 1:16 pm
this sucks cus battlefront 2 comes out around the xbox 360 and ill have to buy an xbox 360 to play it :(

Deleted User
May 24, 2005, 1:56 pm
buy it on PC....

Liber_Lupus
May 24, 2005, 3:20 pm
Pfft...
I'm starting to collect money for the mighty Playstation 3

reckon
May 25, 2005, 4:07 am
quote:Originally posted by FamineYea, by bumping and fumbling around the room as they accidently knock XBOX and PS3 becuase you cannot see a thing with taht damn visor.

I hope you arent talking about that one video released a couple weeks back, that was fanmade.
The revolution itself looks quite sexy.
[IMAGE]